English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 February 2014, 20:05   #1
mark_k

Logistix dongle info

In the WinUAE source file dongle.cpp there is support for a Logistix/SuperBase dongle. But that isn't a selectable option in the Dongle drop-down in IO Ports settings.

Also I disassembled my copy of Logistix to see what its dongle check code does. I haven't tried to figure out what components are in the actual dongle, but based on the check code, the Logistix dongle could differ from the SuperBase one. I can upload my disk images if needed.

The check code basically does this (without disabling multi-tasking...):
  • Loop reading vhposr until vertical beam position is 0 (or 256, since vhposr only has low 8 bits of vertical position).
  • Write 1 to potgo to start pots
  • CPU-speed dependent wait loop:
    Code:
    	clr.l	(-8,A6)
    .Delay	cmpi.l	#1000,(-8,A6)
    	bge.b	.Done
    	addq.l	#1,(-8,A6)
    	bra.b	.Delay
    .Done	... more code ...
  • Loop reading vhposr until low 8 bits of vertical position are 0.
  • Check bit 14 of potgor (DATRY, I/O data Paula pin 36). Must be 1 for check to pass.
  • The Y value in the upper byte of pot1dat must be between 4 and 8 inclusive for the check to pass.

Edit to add: My version of Logistix is 1.11 NA (NA presumably short for North America since I bought it from someone in the USA).

Last edited by mark_k; 25 February 2014 at 21:26.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 March 2014, 13:02   #2
mark_k

I have uploaded images of my LOGiSTiX disks to The Zone. Also in the archive is a de-protected version of the non-overlayed lgxl executable.
Old 02 March 2014, 13:07   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I am not really interested in application dongles, applications usually had multiple released versions and some of them may have used different dongles.

Games rarely (if ever) had more than one
Old 18 March 2014, 02:53   #4
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
In the WinUAE source file dongle.cpp there is support for a Logistix/SuperBase dongle. But that isn't a selectable option in the Dongle drop-down in IO Ports settings.
Quote:
based on the check code, the Logistix dongle could differ from the SuperBase one.

It could probably not be so... because:
- I own an Italian "pack" which included both Logistix and Superbase, and they share the same dongle
- I was the one who asked Toni to include dongle support in WinUAE. I personally dismantled some dongles of mine and gave Tony the info, and Tony kindly added the support

If I remember well (I'll check), Tony included the Logistix/Superbase support as a text command to add after the winuae executable name. In other words, not all the supported programs show in the dongle menu, but they are supported...

EDIT
Found the (old) thread. Look here:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...light=logistix
post #38:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=602428&postcount=38

This worked with my (Italian) Logistix.
I don't know if the "dongle=10" option is still valid in the last WinUAE releases, though... Is it, Toni?

Last edited by Supamax; 18 March 2014 at 03:04.
Old 18 March 2014, 03:34   #5
Supamax

Mark,
could you please upload to the Zone the image (.adf format) of your original/uncracked Logistix disk?
(for preservation purposes)

I downloaded your Logistix file but I don't know how to handle those .pkd files...
Old 18 March 2014, 11:09   #6
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
I downloaded your Logistix file but I don't know how to handle those .pkd files...
i think it is the Packdev, mark was using:
PackDev1_9.lha
Bug-fix patch for PackDev 1.9.
toni w. added adf-like support for this kind of diskimage; to winuae , IIRC
Old 18 March 2014, 12:20   #7
mark_k

Yep, WinUAE directly supports PackDev images, just select a .pkd file like you would an ADF. You can convert them to ADF by using any ADF-creation program on the emulated Amiga.

Supamax: Would you be able to upload images of your original Logistix disks so I can compare its dongle check code with that in my version?

Edit: I just checked using a WinUAE config with dongle=10 and my version of Logistix doesn't detect its dongle.

Last edited by mark_k; 18 March 2014 at 12:31.
Old 18 March 2014, 23:03   #8
Supamax

Quote:
Yep, WinUAE directly supports PackDev images
Great! Thanks

Quote:
Supamax: Would you be able to upload images of your original Logistix disks so I can compare its dongle check code with that in my version?
Sure! I'll put in the Zone within minutes, I only have to locate where I saved my disk images... too many files and too many hard disks!

Quote:
Edit: I just checked using a WinUAE config with dongle=10 and my version of Logistix doesn't detect its dongle.

I suppose they use different dongles, then...

EDIT:
Sorry for the delay, mark_k, I finally found my disk images on one of my hard disks.
You can find Logistix in the pack "Lo scrigno del software" (in The Zone).

Last edited by Supamax; 19 March 2014 at 03:31.
Old 19 March 2014, 13:30   #9
mark_k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supamax View Post
I suppose they use different dongles, then...
Thanks very much for uploading the disk images.

I assume the developer changed the dongle check so both SuperBase and Logistix could use the same dongle. I haven't looked at the SuperBase dongle code yet. Your Logistix dongle code is very similar to my version, except for the slightly different check.

I have uploaded a de-protected version of your Logistix to The Zone (not tested much). The original program's dongle checks might fail on accelerated Amigas; the patched one should work.
Old 19 March 2014, 17:59   #10
Supamax

Quote:
I have uploaded a de-protected version of your Logistix to The Zone (not tested much). The original program's dongle checks might fail on accelerated Amigas; the patched one should work.
Thanks, I'll test it .
Are you going to de-protect Superbase too? It would be nice.
Old 19 March 2014, 19:46   #11
mark_k

Check The Zone...

By the way, it seems that part of the dongle check code in Superbase expects the result to be between 15 and 25 (vs between 12 and 33 elsewhere).

Edit to add:
I'm not necessarily suggesting WinUAE be updated to support both Logistix dongles, but... if you tweak the potX and potY values read, e.g. potX = 13 and potY = 6, that would satisfy both versions of Logistix.

Last edited by mark_k; 19 March 2014 at 19:56.
AdSense AdSense