English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 February 2014, 21:21   #61
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Any news ? Eagerly awaiting a release... and being impatient - apologise in advance ;-)
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 February 2014, 01:24   #62
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Any news ? Eagerly awaiting a release... and being impatient - apologise in advance ;-)
Music is the holdup at the moment, I have one tune, but need more. a couple of people that volunteered agreed to do so if I didn't insist it had to be done immediately.

So, I wait with patience. Intro is being sorted as the Atari ST version simply didn't have one.
Old 13 February 2014, 21:16   #63
adrdesign

I've done some retouching to the mod to be the final version of the AY-emulated tune, fixing the delays, out-of-tune notes and aligned the blocks for better compression. Also reworked the sounds with some samples from the AKWF collection and changed the snare to some more AY-like soundish to preserve the feel.

Please include it rather than the draft one.

THANK YOU!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WTSS_Main_(AYChip).zip (9.8 KB, 93 views)
Old 13 February 2014, 21:29   #64
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrdesign View Post
I've done some retouching to the mod to be the final version of the AY-emulated tune, fixing the delays, out-of-tune notes and aligned the blocks for better compression. Also reworked the sounds with some samples from the AKWF collection and changed the snare to some more AY-like soundish to preserve the feel.

Please include it rather than the draft one.

THANK YOU!
Excellent stuff dude, sounds better already

Thanks so much for doing this, makes the project all the more worthwhile.

Hopefully someone somewhere is doing a real Amiga tune for it, and damn it, we're nearly ready for release
Old 14 February 2014, 01:03   #65
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrdesign View Post
That is damned impressive. There feels like there's a little too much filtering in parts and some of the sawtooth waveforms are a little too reedy compared to the original (I'm something of a fanboy for this game on the 128k Speccy!) but considering that you're doing this with samples in a MOD tracker, I'm seriously impressed!

Of course, the real problem will be making an Amiga-style mod which updates the samples to more real-world instruments while keeping the jungly-style of the original... I'm looking forward to hearing what people come up with.

In short, nice job

D.
Old 14 February 2014, 01:06   #66
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
That is damned impressive. There feels like there's a little too much filtering in parts and some of the sawtooth waveforms are a little too reedy compared to the original (I'm something of a fanboy for this game on the 128k Speccy!) but considering that you're doing this with samples in a MOD tracker, I'm seriously impressed!

Of course, the real problem will be making an Amiga-style mod which updates the samples to more real-world instruments while keeping the jungly-style of the original... I'm looking forward to hearing what people come up with.

In short, nice job

D.
Me too, I just hope it happens, like I said, if I get a load of good sounding mods, they ALL go into the game, no-one gets left out.

I wouldn't dream of asking for peoples help and then not having the good graces to include some great sounding tunes.

We can but wait, but we're off at least with one
Old 14 February 2014, 08:09   #67
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Wow, sounds pretty good to me Already MUCH better than the ST version and very close to the ZX version. Good work !

Can't wait to hear one of the "Amiga-ized" ones
Old 14 February 2014, 09:26   #68
kamelito
Zone Friend

Is using an existing tune a no go? It doesn't have to come from the Amiverse
Kamelito

Last edited by kamelito; 14 February 2014 at 09:35.
Old 14 February 2014, 09:39   #69
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Kamelito
I think a rework/remix of the original tune is a requirement... it is an important part of the game and it is a very good tune. If remixed properly in an "amiga style" it would give the game proper atmosphere. It is just one of those games that need it
Old 14 February 2014, 12:08   #70
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Kamelito
What do you mean? As in using an Amiga tune thats totally unconnected but already written?

No problem with that so long as it suits the game.
Old 14 February 2014, 13:09   #71
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Is there a program on Amiga that can tell me whether or not an module should be CIA timed or Vblank? I've just checked ADR's module in Protracker, and jesus wept, it plays really, REALLY fast through the patterns, but i'm not proficient enough with modules to know what speeds require vblank or CIA.

Having issues with this one where it plays too fast. Might try another playroutine in case the one i'm using is borked.

EDIT: Forget that, i'm a twat, activating NTSC in the fourth copperlist doesn't help! Sigh
Old 14 February 2014, 15:45   #72
daxb

As far as I know there isn`t a flag or something like that in the pt mod format that has the information CIA or VBLANK. The redesigned IFFMODL format (>=PT3.59) include it but nobody used it or at least I never saw it. However, everybody should use CIA timing with Protracker.
Old 14 February 2014, 15:48   #73
leathered

Another tune to try out. I found some guitar samples I thought I could use and built something around that. About as far as I dare go with it before some feedback.
Finally figuring out what the hex is for so this marks some progress for me
Attached Files
File Type: zip BB3_mod.zip (61.1 KB, 80 views)
Old 14 February 2014, 17:05   #74
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathered View Post
Another tune to try out. I found some guitar samples I thought I could use and built something around that. About as far as I dare go with it before some feedback.
Finally figuring out what the hex is for so this marks some progress for me
I like it, but if I can offer some personal feedback.

Over reliance on that one guitar sample, when you go to a really low note with it, it just sounds too strained to me.

Maybe bring in another sample and go in a different direction where that sample doesn't work.

Its got some bongo type drums, which would be perfect for a tune for this game, but I don't feel its developed enough in that direction.

Some parts of your tune sound really nice, but that guitar sample dominates so much that you don't really let yourself go and really go for it.
Old 25 February 2014, 20:43   #75
adrdesign

No news? I didn't start to make an amiga version to let someone others be in this project. Gallahad: would you lend us that bongo sounds?

BTW I see this tune very similar to Baden Powell's "Canto de Ossanha", with some minor-major chord changes...
Old 26 February 2014, 02:37   #76
leathered

I nicked the bongos from ST-94. I made a low-mem version for the tune above, which I trimmed further in protracker. You can grab both in the attached file.
I've got a new version of the tune just about ready for some scrutiny.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bongos.zip (13.6 KB, 60 views)
Old 01 March 2014, 14:20   #77
tolkien
AmigaMan

Damn It! I'm anxious to can play this game!!
Thanks!
Old 06 March 2014, 01:23   #78
leathered

Not so bone headed now, certainly better.
As before, feedback appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip burning_bridgesV7.zip (60.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 06 March 2014, 06:47   #79
Mark Wright

I'm going to have to bow out of this, sadly. I'm finding it far too frustrating to create even basic/rudimentary results due to latency issues with WinUAE on my PC and FS-UAE on my Mac. It's not the fault of either emulator, I'm sure it's down to my elderly butterfingers combined with old-man reaction times. Jeez, what used to take a few seconds worth of deft digit dexterity to achieve perfection is now a long and drawn out process.

I can remember when EAB was all fields.

In black and white.

So, in the words of Kym Sims, "don't wait for me, 'cos I won't be there, not this time."
Old 06 March 2014, 07:53   #80
adrdesign

Check this post from here

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=511682&postcount=30

First of all, close all running programs (they may interfere with audio output).

Put portaudioXXX.dll in winuae installation directory and check on all the drivers in the audio options window, restart winuae and select WASAPI in audio output. It might work.
AdSense AdSense