English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 January 2014, 17:01   #1
Going nowhere

Putty Squad & Alive Mediasoft....finally answered

So, many people remember back in the late 90's, that Alive Mediasoft were claiming that they were going to release Putty Squad on Amiga after System 3 didn't release it themselves.

I can confirm that Alive Mediasoft DID contact System 3 with a view to securing the rights to release the game.

However, Mark Cale REFUSED the deal, and at NO point did Alive Mediasoft have the rights or any rightful claims to be able to release Putty Squad on the Amiga.

So there you go, the mystery is solved.

Were Alive Mediasoft a bunch of charlatans? Make up your own mind
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 January 2014, 19:21   #2
Thalion Webshrine
Alive Mediasoft sold illegal copies of Ambermoon English after I rescued the unreleased disks and released them free to the world. They went on to make millions selling illegal emulator ROM CD's and counterfeit CD32 and Dreamcast CD's on ebay. They Phoenix companies every few months. Had hundreds of websites selling their counterfeit discs. They made so much money to they fooled themselves how they made their money. They became philanthropists appearing in the Swindon press that they were raising money for charities (bet non saw a penny) and even tried to start their own Film production company. I met Steven years later in Oxford and the guy was starting to believe his own lies! Took all my self control not to punch him out!

Their empire still has some Amiga roots.

Last edited by alexh; 19 January 2014 at 19:37.
Old 19 January 2014, 22:24   #3
Meet the Veggies!
I met one of the guys who founded Alive Mediasoft, a man named Andrew Reed and I found him to be a genuinely decent bloke when I met back in 2000. He co-founded Alive Mediasoft with a man named Steven Flowers - the real shady character of Alive Mediasoft. I didn't meet him as by then Andrew had started a new Amiga company called Crystal Interactive and was publishing Bubble Hero's. He resigned from Alive Mediasoft when he found out Steven Flowers had been taking his misses on holiday with Andy's money which was supposed to be for the business. This guy conned a lot of people out of a lot of money and I can guarantee that it was him who was offering up Putty Squad when he didn't have the rights! The guy's a con-man pure and simple! The author of Blade isn't much of a fan of him either:

So when you talk about 'Alive Mediasoft' you should actually be talking about Steven Flowers.

I bet this makes for some interesting reading right here:

Last edited by Steve; 19 January 2014 at 22:35.
AdSense AdSense