English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 February 2003, 08:39   #41
Bootay

Amigaboy: Thanks. I was trying to help as much as possible but I'm afraid nothing will help. It seems this guy wants WinUAE to be 100% perfect in every way...but the bad news is...IT'S EMULATION, which basically means it will NEVER be EXACTLY the same as a real Amiga but really close. And I think WinUAE is VERY close to the real thing. But every emulator has flaws, none of them are 100% the same as using the real thing, no matter what console or computer or arcade machine your trying to emulate.

I still say "Hats off to Toni"...I have had nothing but fun with WinUAE and it just keeps getting better with every update. So ignore pointless bitching and whining, it happens on every forum.

For a while I was heavily into game editing forums (i.e. UT and Quake3 model/skins forums) and the same crap happens there. Someone makes a model for Quake and someones gotta bitch cause one of the animations jerk a little or they just plain cant get it to work. And the funny thing is...IT'S FREE...YOU DIDN'T EVEN PAY FOR IT...So why bitch?! Basically...I guess the bottom line to all of this mess is......

If it works for everyone else, but not for you......why is it WinUAE's fault?! If it works for everyone else inculding me than it most likely is a problem on your end. But finding the problem isnt always cut n dry. Theres soooo many different things that may be causing it... Hopefully my config files will help him...but I'm not counting on it to be honest.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 February 2003, 22:12   #42
RCK
Administrator

Re: Trodas

Quote:
Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
If he does stay, I simply won't be coming here as often.
Hum ? did someone called for a kickban ?
Wait to see how the guy will act now.

@Trodas: you should be more carefull with other members and not so sure of your comments if you want to stay on this board.
Old 18 February 2003, 22:27   #43
oldpx

I think trodas is just being honest. Actually winuse does suck on my system but I know it's my system that is not up to amiga emulation task so I know my system sucks, not winuae. I would prefer whdload to be an emulator that was modest requirements like winfellow but it isn't. Let's not expect everyone who uses this emulator know everything about it and be open minded to all kinds of criticisms as long as we can differ them from insults. Trodas wasn't kind yet he didn't have other intentions than expressing his experiences either. Using slang words in a community you're not well known and accepted often causes disturbances but is there a real need for a kickban? If I were attacked just because I said "suxxx" I wouldn't behave any better. I don't think trodas is like Fil or Superfrog, just a guy who made the mistake to compare emulation with the real thing. Let's just keep cool and rethink about it people WinUAE is getting better and getting more complicated everyday.

Quote:
The problem is:
When I masturbate, I don't enjoy it as much as when I'm playing this game on my real Amiga.

The exact moment it happens is when:
The emulator starts but I don't even see the Amiga Kick 1.3 hand, but I can see my hand on my dick

Old 18 February 2003, 22:33   #44
legionary

Big grin Re: WinUAE and Whdload

Quote:
Originally posted by Vasek
I have problem with whdload and WinUAE 022R2 ver whdload 14.4 works fine but from ver 15 most of the game just reboot the uae or freez it? any idea?
I have not tried uae on winuae, but i will after wrting whis replay. I have WHDLoad v15.1 and WinUAE v022R4. I'll give it an try dircet and will come back to this issue later.

Old 18 February 2003, 22:38   #45
legionary

Big grin

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBong
And if you *are* using a pirate key, whilst you're at it think about registering WHDLoad.......you are obviously distressed enough by the fact that you can't get it working properly to have posted a message here about it.

No pirate keys (or cracks of WHDLoad) will ever work 100% because they are sent to the WHDLoad author as soon as they are released. The author then makes sure that the pirate keys will not work on further updates.

On the other hand, WHDLoad is not guaranteed to work under Amiga emulation either because it is intended for use on *real* Amigas only. This may be causing your problems if you are not using a pirate key or cracked version.
I'm registered and own a key as skave developer for WHDLoad.
I'm an member of Action, which wotk alot with WHDLoad and anyone who use it should support Wepl (WhdLoad author) by registering and get your own key.

Old 18 February 2003, 22:43   #46
legionary

Big grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo42
Hi,

Here WHDLoad makes WinUAE crash also...

I'm NOT using pirated keys: just unregistered version...

I tried to desactivate JIT,... nothing will do it...
Have you downloaded the slave from whdload's homepage? Do
you use a real uncracked disk image? Those slaves released on WHDLOads homepage is for original copies only. If you tell me the title and your lucky i can upload an uncracked image of that game.

Old 18 February 2003, 23:16   #47
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
I think trodas is just being honest.
...but is there a real need for a kickban? If I were attacked just because I said "suxxx" I wouldn't behave any better. I don't think trodas is like Fil or Superfrog, just a guy who made the mistake to compare emulation with the real thing. Let's just keep cool and rethink about it people WinUAE is getting better and getting more complicated everyday.
Well, being honest is one thing, but I think his tone was pretty antagonizing through most of his messages (and quite a bit smug on top of everything else).

I still don't see what Superfrog did that everyone sees as so bad. He snubbed his nose at a group of people who tried to help him with his web page. All of the other things that he did were done AFTER he was banned, or were on Emu-UK, which has nothing to do with here. How is his pre-banning performance any different to what we are seeing from trodas (I'm open-minded, maybe I have a short memory on this one). The only reason I bring this up is the non-stop references to Superfrog at least weekly - you'd think he was performing DoS ping floods or something...
Old 18 February 2003, 23:33   #48
BippyM
Global Moderator

Superfrog was banned from Emu-UK (Which has nothing to do with here) because he was being a pain, and generally ignoring advice.

He would post/create stupid, pointless threads, many of which were simply advertising his own superfrog forum?!?!

He was told time and again, to keep on topic, but he ignored, then alot of the mods and admins got stupid pointless PM's apologising for pointless threads (I recieved at least 20 myself!).

He enjoyed annoying!

Trodas on the other hand, has come onto an Amiga forum (which promotes use of both Winuae and the Real Deal) and openly slagged off WinUAE, he didn't ask a question, he simply stated

Quote:
Tought generaly WinUAE suxx like hell, when come to play - slow, buggy, no synchronization of screen, no real joystick (at least i dont have any plugged into my SoundCard - and i still need digital not analog one...) and so on
this is not asking for any help or advice, it was meant to annoy and he succeeded (If we ignore these ppl, flame wars and mass verbal abuse etc.. wont happen!)

It seems Galahad knows him pretty well, maybe Trodas should take any comments on board and calm down.

@Trodas

A few WHDload games don't work with WinUAE (ATR for example) I know this because I have personally tested over 800 WHDLoad games, and there a few that don't work.

Turrican 2 (WHDLoad) on the other hand works perfectly, maybe you should look at your "emulated" setup, and for games which rely on critical timing etc (and WHDLoad especially) turn OFF JIT!

A standard a1200 ec020 config with 2mb chip and 4mb fast should let you play 80%+ of WHDLoad games

Also get a Parallel Amiga 4 way joystick adapter and connect to the PC, next download PPJoy and configure, then use your DIGITAL Amiga joystick in winuae

All you had to do was ask <g>
Old 20 February 2003, 05:59   #49
Bootay

Yea.. I dont think Trodas needs to be banned. I do agree that the things he said werent really called for, but oh well.

I have JIT turned on and alot of WHD games worked fine for me.
hmm. As for registering WHD...how much does it cost? I get annoyed by the nag screens.

Old 20 February 2003, 06:15   #50
Uukrul

Quote:
Originally posted by Bootay
As for registering WHD...how much does it cost? I get annoyed by the nag screens.
Only 20 $. You can register here . I'm also a happy registered WHDLoad user

Old 20 February 2003, 10:59   #51
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
How long does it take for the author to send out your keyfile?

i want to reg whdload so i can get shot of that annoying nag screen...
Old 20 February 2003, 12:55   #52
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bootay
Yea.. I dont think Trodas needs to be banned. I do agree that the things he said werent really called for, but oh well.

I have JIT turned on and alot of WHD games worked fine for me.
hmm. As for registering WHD...how much does it cost? I get annoyed by the nag screens.
With JIT enabled games run erratically and too quickly for me

Joystick response and timing is all out

---

WHD Keyfile takes 3-7 days I think (Mine took about 4)
Old 20 February 2003, 18:41   #53
trodas
old Amiga fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas Send a message via Skype™ to trodas
Eek LOL! Its interesting, how some ppls can reverse things!

RCK - as you can read for yourself, i was only reacting to the rude and offensive post of "Amigaboy" - and its enought to get blamed and flamed by many onthers, including the worsest Galahad/FLT boy, so, i think thats fine to say from me to them - Fuck yourselfs, assholes.
Its not a proper reaction? IMHO is it. They attacking me, just because i come to ask some questions and get some answers. Oh, im sorry, its because i say "suxx" - oh, how terrible from me
Its just my expression from the WinUAE performace and compatibility and its nothing rude to what i should deserve that attack against me.
SO, if there are someone asking for a ban from the forum (witch can be, very simply usinx a anon proxy server, ineffective), i was agree. Lets ban users, who attack others w/o aparent reasons - so, the starters, to what i did not say a rude word, but what insulting me - Amigaboy and Galahad/FLT should be IMHO banned for abusing the forum, since broking all rules. I think that i dont need to quote these "words from their own very twisted minds"

TO ALL OTHERS: well, when someone have a problem, its logical that he dont see WinUAE any good, is it true? So, lets focus on the booting problem first. Boot time about 29-30sec its not good, when someone have 4sec. So, who using AOS 3.9 bb2 under WinUAE there and who have faster boot times?
Old 20 February 2003, 18:55   #54
RCK
Administrator

Re: LOL! Its interesting, how some ppls can reverse things!

Quote:
Originally posted by trodas
Amigaboy and Galahad/FLT should be IMHO banned for abusing the forum, since broking all rules.
lol, we have a problem here
Have you noticed that you was attacking one SuperMod of this board and one great active member who is registered since October 2001 ?

sorry but as a newbie of this board, you are missing of respect here.

two options:
- ignore them
- don't come back here

but please, STOP complaining & insulting.
Old 20 February 2003, 18:55   #55
Daz

FAF! Questions? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee!
Old 20 February 2003, 19:40   #56
Uukrul

Quote:
Originally posted by ElectroBlaster
How long does it take for the author to send out your keyfile?

i want to reg whdload so i can get shot of that annoying nag screen...
If you pay with credit card 2/3 working days.

Old 20 February 2003, 19:40   #57
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
YEY cool
Old 20 February 2003, 20:30   #58
Daz

Mine was next day delivery! was that a one off? I've still got the e-mail backed up somewhere, you know for retro's sake
Old 26 February 2003, 09:08   #59
Bootay

Sigh! Im only gonna say this one more time.
Trodas: I run Amiga OS 3.9 bb2 and my boot time is like 2 secs. Thats with JIT on..with JIT off it takes about 5-6 secs.

So again...I dont understand the problems your having.

Old 26 February 2003, 11:35   #60
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Re: Re: LOL! Its interesting, how some ppls can reverse things!

Quote:
Originally posted by RCK
lol, we have a problem here
Have you noticed that you was attacking one SuperMod
Sorry RCK, but I *DO* have to jump in here.

Even SuperMods do NOT have the right to blindly insult people. This means, that I agree to the point that Amigaboy actually overreacted, which wasn't necessary.
I'm ALWAYS fair, so I never favor or brown-nose anyone. That's like if I was a police officer, and I caught my colleague in the act of shooting down a defenseless type without a reason: guess what, I'd also depose AGAINST him in a court trial and not back him by lying through my teeth before the judge.--
Amigaboy, maybe you hate me too now: but THAT kind of reaction was avoidable, even for a "SuperMod".
This could have been done by sticking to facts a little more, and less emotionally.

Last edited by andreas; 26 February 2003 at 11:44.
AdSense AdSense