English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 05 January 2014, 18:38   #1
kisshu1

amigasys4 installs but doesnt run

i' m trying to run amigasys 4 latest version in winuae latest version
i have amiga forever 2011 version when i get to end of install of amigasys 4 on winuae and reboot
it hangs at CLI 2. anyone have a clue how to get this os running? using 3.9 option but have tried 3.1 as well

thanks spent hours already reinstalling all loading but to no avail.

running vista

Last edited by kisshu1; 05 January 2014 at 21:09. Reason: clarification

AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 January 2014, 18:52   #2
emufan

now you already made a second posting

i'm currently running my amigasys4 system (kickstart/wb 3.1 ) successfully with winuae 2.70.
you are using 2.70 too?
what i dont understand, what is "cl2".
Old 05 January 2014, 21:09   #3
kisshu1

CLI 2 sorry... winuae 2.7 also the system hdf shows up under volume name as n/a in winuae and there is no * before DH0

Last edited by kisshu1; 05 January 2014 at 21:33.

Old 05 January 2014, 22:46   #4
emufan

oh, CLI - I thought so, but "I" is far away from "2" on keyboard, so i wasnt that sure

"CLI 2" is a bit strange, seems something is loading, but does not finish the whole startup.

about the hdf, i have the same , no "*" infront of DH0: Volume: n/a - maybe standard, if it is a harddisk-file ( compared to windows folder).
double-click on that entry and ensure, it is read/write and bootable and correct path.

is there DH1: defined? AmigaSys install a Work: ( DH1 partition - a windows-folder AmigaSys\Work
double-click: read/wsrite is set? you can disable "bootable" if it is set - just in case.

are there more entries in harddrive setup?

look in "Floppy Drives" settings: are there any disks ? eject them , if so.

right after reboot, after maybe 3 second, can you see a boot-image "amigasys 4 loading" - picture with that text?

when you see the cli, can you trigger commands like:
mount env:
loadwb
list s:startup-sequence
list s:user-startup

about installation : you were asked for the workbench disks ( locale fonts ... ) ?

Last edited by emufan; 05 January 2014 at 22:54.
Old 05 January 2014, 23:55   #5
kisshu1

so everything looks normal except i just get a blue bordered box that says aros on top left corner and in the box or screen it says CLI 2 twice and the mouse is frozen if i click middle button the screen colapses as if i did alt tab... can't issue any commands

Old 06 January 2014, 00:35   #6
thomas

In your other thread you wrote "aros CLI 2".

Try to use a proper Amiga Kickstart and not that built-in AROS thingy. It's not 100% compatible.
Old 06 January 2014, 02:26   #7
kisshu1

ooh Thomas i think your on to something there! i was wondering why it always said eros.
the paths are very similar in my vista setup but the critical difference is this: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\shared\rom\ vs C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\winuae\rom\ i forgot to reset and rescan roms didn't know why all those roms were included in winuae anyway- i thought they were the amiga forever roms i was accessing.
case solved thank you both for helping to sus this out!

AdSense AdSense