English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 December 2013, 17:33   #41
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
I'm pretty sure a free Amiga version wouldn't have hurt the mobiles sales much or at all, but now offering a "Collector Edition" only when enough people show interest and that after the game is being sold for 4 years seems very 'odd' considering the story about EAB discovering the long lost game is still part of their front page story. Several people showed up here and boosted the threads with promises to basically just lure people to buy the full version on mobile platforms if they liked the demo. No response for 5 years afterwards doesn't make me feel like putting my money into their hands even if I planned to do it back then. They sure have every right to do what they like with their IP, but so do I with my money
Exactly. I've sent them a rather curt email along those lines.
It is their product, but I take exception to them claiming that it was going to be released FIVE years ago, and then nothing.

Then they deliberately stay away from EAB, the place that arguably got them back together and in the frame of mind to do IOS and Android versions, and then climb out of the woodwork to 'offer' Amiga owners a $15-30 version, at a significantly raised price over the superior phone versions and expect people to forget that they made a POINT of ignoring us.

I've stated in explicit terms that no-one is interested in paying anything like that, $5 would be the max, and they need to do something NOW.

I've also stated that its simply not fair to string people along, either release or state that it will NEVER be released.

System 3 got a LOT of bad publicity over Putty Squad which I think is fair to say, they turned around.

Unless the Babylonian Twins team want the same publicity to happen to them, they need to get on it, no more guff and bollocks.

20 years is long enough, we shouldn't tolerate their delays any longer.

If you want people to PAY for your game, don't piss off your customers over a period of five years and expect them to be happy about it.

I've given them until Jan 8th 2014 to make a decision, but no more giving them room to wriggle, release or don't release, but no more delays, answer by Jan 8th.

And I urge others to be of the same mind and tell them so, give them until Jan 8th to make a firm commitment.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 December 2013, 17:38   #42
meckert

5-8 E for digital download is acceptable IMHO.
Old 29 December 2013, 19:02   #43
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Rabah Shihab should come here to explain himself.I understand that some was hurted by some of their choice like to ignore us during 5 years... I didn't remember it was so long. Anyway, you should let these guys explain them self after you'll decide what to do or ignore them. If some are happy with a box release, great. If others are angry because of the past, ok, i understand. But don't kill the idea in the egg, there is surely a way to make this happen.
This could be : 1st a box release and 2nd a free digital release or a digital release for 5 $, who knows what could happen ? Now i will wait for rabah shihab to explain himself what happened and then i'll see what to think.
This will be my last comment before he 'll talk by himself.
Old 29 December 2013, 19:13   #44
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Nice one Just hope they listen!!
Old 30 December 2013, 11:02   #45
sokolovic

Mmmm. I don't see the point of making an ultimatum or asking to come and answer to an EAB trial for these guys, especially since they are iraqi people and considering their personal stories, I'm not sure this is very appropriate.
We are speaking of releasing a video game for a computer that isn't economically viable since almost 20 years...
The best thing they can aswer to this sort of thing is "Lol, didn't read and didn't care".
Old 30 December 2013, 11:29   #46
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Mmmm. I don't see the point of making an ultimatum or asking to come and answer to an EAB trial for these guys, especially since they are iraqi people and considering their personal stories, I'm not sure this is very appropriate.
We are speaking of releasing a video game for a computer that isn't economically viable since almost 20 years...
The best thing they can aswer to this sort of thing is "Lol, didn't read and didn't care".
There's no trial here, it's only a FAIR request that they'd explain the situation.
Old 30 December 2013, 21:45   #47
desiv

I love you Galahad/FLT, but I'm not sure I totally agree...

Quote:
Well, a curt e-mail is generally the best way to get them in a positive mood to respond.

Quote:
I've stated in explicit terms that no-one is interested in paying anything like that, $5 would be the max,
As several people have stated on here that they would be willing to spend more than that, and I'm sure have responded to their sign up already, that doesn't help credibility there..

Quote:
I've given them until Jan 8th 2014 to make a decision, but no more giving them room to wriggle, release or don't release, but no more delays, answer by Jan 8th.
er.. From their perspective, some guy on the internet has given them an ultimatum.. Uh oh..

Some of us aren't too bothered and will be willing to pay more than $5...

Just saying..

desiv
Old 30 December 2013, 21:49   #48
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I love you Galahad/FLT, but I'm not sure I totally agree...

Well, a curt e-mail is generally the best way to get them in a positive mood to respond.

As several people have stated on here that they would be willing to spend more than that, and I'm sure have responded to their sign it already, that doesn't help credibility there..

er.. From their perspective, some guy on the internet has given them an ultimatum.. Uh oh..

Some of us aren't too bothered and will be willing to pay more than $5...

Just saying..

desiv
Then I guess when they said they would release it five years ago, shouldn't hold them to that?

Put simply, we are the customers, if they expect or want us to pay for it, I think its a rather important part of the whole seller/buyer relationship to not piss off your PAYING customers.

If you're happy they are dicking people around, then thats fine,just don't expect much sympathy when you're still waiting another five years for the games release.
Old 30 December 2013, 22:07   #49
desiv

Quote:
If you're happy they are dicking people around, then thats fine,
Jump to conclusions much?

I never said I was happy about it..
There's a huge difference between not being pissed and being happy...

If they were a wonderful responsive business, that would be awesome..
However, when it comes down to it, if they have a product I like and I want it, I'll probably buy it... (Unless I don't trust the company)

Now, if there are options, I might choose those..
But if they are the only ones selling Babylonian Twins and I want it, then that's the route I will probably go..

Of course, if they made the box out of freshly clubbed baby harp seal skins.....

Well, I'd probably still buy it.. Those guys are way to cute to exist..

desiv
Old 31 December 2013, 00:44   #50
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Just my 2p worth...

They don't actually owe us anything, I don't hold people to promises they made years ago because I know they're not always possible to keep, and any "promise" to release an Amiga game in this day and age ought to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Either they will release it, or they won't. And either I will buy it, or I won't. And that's all there is to it, really.

Yeah well. I guess my own game is long overdue so I would say that.
Old 21 February 2014, 23:17   #51
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

Still no update or info on the website... I hate being kept in the dark like this! No fair to the community
Old 21 February 2014, 23:34   #52
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroelsDK View Post
Still no update or info on the website... I hate being kept in the dark like this! No fair to the community

Let it go...
Old 22 February 2014, 00:28   #53
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

i just ask them they stay in mute mode for so long but no answers ??!!
Old 24 February 2014, 13:40   #54
TroelsDK
Registered Amiga Maniac

LOL TCD That is probably right..
Old 24 February 2014, 17:27   #55
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post

Let it go...
I'd rather go with Elsa on this...
Old 28 February 2014, 16:52   #56
Hewitson

As much as I'd like to see the game released I don't believe it deserves to be paid for. If it was a c64 game it would be cracked within 24 hours of release, yet they get far more releases per year than the Amiga does because they care more about people enjoying their game rather than profit.

Commodore computers are not about money any more, they are about fun and dedication to our favourite machines.
Old 19 December 2016, 21:16   #57
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I'm not sure that's what "ransom" actually means..

It's theirs. They have the right to do what they want with it...
Is the store holding my Cookie Crisp for ransom because I have to pay for it? ;-)
Ok, how about a digital example; is Netflix holding those movies for ransom because I need to pay for a subscription to watch them? That's silly..

Would it be awesome if they released it for free? Of course,

But we're not "entitled" to get it from them for free...

desiv
It was ransom as well as calculated deceitful marketing.

They withheld both physical and real copies of the game from the Amiga community AFTER a full version was found with OUR help so they also OWE US BIG TIME.

Netflix have never not released something they own. So it is ransom in a way because they have the one and only possible source of a physical copy.

After their mobile release had been raped by the crackers (you can still download the full version within two clicks of a google search even today) they saw that releasing it for a few bucks as an ADF would have made them far more money. Guess they tested the water (and the website to sell it through could have been produced in a day with some paypal button code and response email with fixed attachment tools paypal freely distributed at the time).

What annoys me is the ENTIRE debacle was simply an exercise in politician quality lies and bullshit to try and get a few extra sales.

People in flip-flops from desert lands can also be assholes whether their country has an illegal British/American war raged on it or not.

They obviously realised they fucked it up both times and people individually have far more games to discover in the Amiga TOSEC for free than pay for this technically underwhelming bod standard 'no parallax' type Amiga release.

The guys are total douche bags end of story, pointy shoes or Addidas or flip-flops makes no difference, manipulative greedy scum comes in many colours and styles too.
Old 19 December 2016, 21:42   #58
nobody

I can see why people always speak about this game, because it has some game mechanics that are not to be found in any other amiga game, but I would not cry if this game is never released. These anatolia, prince of persia, ali baba and the 40 thieves style games are not my style.
Old 19 December 2016, 22:36   #59
PortuguesePilot
The Son of Luso

Note: didn't read the whole thread (boooooring!), so maybe this has been said already. If yes, just add me to the contesting voices.

Babylonian Twins. It's a nice game with some interesting playability but it's not special enough to be worth any money now-a-days. This should have been released for free for the Amiga while the Android/iOS version would be paid. It would:

1) Appease the Amiga community, making the game creators and the publishers well liked people.

2) Serve as publicity/advertisement to the Android/iOS/Windows/PS4/Whatever paid versions of the game.

3) Allow a game that was envisioned, projected, nurtured and composed in the 1990's for the Amiga to finally reach its destination instead of remaining in developer's lingo.

As it stands, they achieved:

1) No respect from the Amiga community. Even if they back-track now, people will always be weary of them in future endeavours (if there ever are any).

2) No Amiga release means that most (if not all) of the Amiga community will have no interest in purchasing the Android/iOS/whatever versions of the game.

3) The Amiga game remains unrealeased and will, probably, fall into total oblivion (instead of being fondly remembered).

This is the wrong way of doing this sort of thing. Look at what System 3 did with Putty Squad! That's the right way to go. They gave the Amiga what was owed and - almost in synchronic symbiosis - most amigans bought the Android/iOS version of the game. Final result: everyone won.

With Babylonian? Everyone lost.
Old 26 January 2017, 00:11   #60
Vollldo

You have more chances to see this one released on Amiga one day than to see a working demo of Gore from Psygnosis lol lol lol.

AdSense AdSense