English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 January 2014, 08:34   #61
earok

@cobe Apologies, missed your message. My suggestion would be to upload it to MEGA () or the like and post it publicly here, there may be others that might want to have a look at your collection as it is. Otherwise, upload it any way you'd like and PM me a link.

Curiously Humans 3 is listed as a CD32 title on both HOL and Project CD32 but there doesn't appear to be any ISOs of it on the internet.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 21 January 2014, 11:07   #62
Cobe

MEGA didn't work for me. Here's link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxb64ru3xh594kw/noncd32.iso

As I said I did it for myself so it lacks of make up, txt, pics etc. but it works fine. There are 17 1p games and 71 2p games. +-1 game. I think I tried them all on emulator and majority on actual CD32 and they work and don't require mouse, keyboard or extra ram. Main reason I did it is because existing well known compilation discs have so many games and half of them don't work on actual plain stock CD32. Despite so large number on discs I still have to swap disc to load my favorite cause they are not all on same compilation. Since I don't play games at least not alone since I had to sold my beloved A1200 back in 99 I focused on 2p simultaneous games. Although I added some 1p hits by personal taste. They are separated in menus. Also I didn't want to include any game that already exist as stand alone version for cd32 because theese games diserve to have it's own CD. And rip ofs are just terible when you don't have music...
Old 21 January 2014, 11:13   #63
Cobe

@earok Feel free to do with it whatever you wish. Merge it if you want. If you do mention me somewhere and here's link for my mod of ghoust'n'ghouls with drums so if you like it include it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlexi7ncgb...n%20Ghouls.mod
Old 21 January 2014, 12:32   #64
earok

@Cobe thanks for that, nice little collection of games. I struggled to get Ghosts N Goblins working myself so I'm glad you've got it set up and working just fine in your collection. Nice idea how you've got separate menus for single and multiplayer games. I'll start merging the games in for the next release.
Old 21 January 2014, 13:19   #65
Cobe

@earok You're welcome!
Old 22 January 2014, 05:19   #66
amiga1260

Thank you for adding the games.
Old 23 January 2014, 21:35   #67
lentivector
Zone Friend

capital punishment running on a stock cd32? if i don't see it i don't believe it! you're probably making one of the best (and not simply eclectic) compilations for CD32. since I've seen you're adding games that already exist in other compilations, why do you not put also these games, which are among my favorites?
roadkill
moonstone
guardian 1200 version
thank you for any consideration
I am now on trip but I will soon try your last release on my cd32 so you can use my report to avoid games that not run in the final release.
Old 23 January 2014, 23:42   #68
earok

Haha, even if I manage to get Capital Punishment running I might have to leave it out for family friendly reasons

Thanks Lentivector, I've added them into the list. I would dearly love to get Moonstone going but I don't think it's going to be playable without a keyboard!
Old 25 January 2014, 19:46   #69
blaze-f

Finally i can play Alien 3 and Flashback without damn keyboard) Great job, man. Big thanx.

Could you add these games in your compilation?

Dyna Blaster
The Legend of Kyrandia
Theme Park
Syndicate
Turrican 1-3

Unfortunately i do not know whether all games have slaves or not.
Old 26 January 2014, 08:13   #70
earok

Thanks Blaze! I've sorted those into the todo list.
Old 26 January 2014, 08:43   #71
blaze-f

Thanks once again! But i forgot about Transarctica (Arctic Baron).

It would be great to see this game also on this compilation.
Old 26 January 2014, 21:09   #72
lentivector
Zone Friend

That’s my test report of your compilation played in a real stock cd32:
You could eliminate Cool spot, Global gladiators, XP8, SOTB3 and New zeland story; they didn’t start or have some problems.
Evil dawn is a shit! Sorry for that…
Doman I think has a game protection, the language is too hard to understand what happen, but at the end of the first stage it reboot.
Shaq fu, runs but do not recognize any pad button
Street rod 1 and 2: keyboard required…I have it but is in contrast to the concept of the compilation, it is right?

Virtual Karting runs at full speed: could you try with VK deluxe or VK2 (I don’t remember the difference and if they require more memory to start)?
XTR is fully playable (with dithering) in full screen at 2x2 pixel and half screen with 1x2 pixel!
Rally championship is better in a real cd32 respect to winUAE probably because it’s too fast in the emulator!
Bratwurst is a 2-4 player game that is not so bad but I confused it with Rocket’z that is better. There is another PD game that could be funny to play in a cd32, I think the name is Speed and it is a 3d labyrinth game, but I’m not sure…
That’s it, I hope this report could be useful. Waiting for the next release!
Old 27 January 2014, 00:41   #73
kipper2k

4mb of fastmem would really help the CD32 with some games that need it. I have the proper expansion port connectors (lots), I just need some help with the schematic i have the RGB output (to scart) portion done
Old 27 January 2014, 01:25   #74
earok

Thanks Lentivector, I'll look into it.

SOTB3, NZ Story and XP8 seemed to work fine in emulator, so I'll take a closer look at them to see if it was my fault.

Cool Spot and Global Gladiators have already been removed from the next release due to a previous report.

With XP8 I included the AGA version so I can roll back to the OCS version if needed.

I didn't have any luck with VK2 (so far as I know it's simply unplayable on stock CD32) but I'm not sure about VK deluxe, any idea what the difference is and where to get it from?

It could be a memory issue on doman, there's a couple of things I can do to squeeze a tiny bit more memory. I'll see what I can do.

Shaq Fu has a "two button" mode in the options, but it crashes whenever I access it. I may submit a WHDLoad bug report.

Street Rod 1-2 seemed to be playable with just joystick, is there something in particular that it requires a keyboard for? I can see if I can get full joystick support working via joy2kbd.

@kipper2k agreed re: fastmem, I have no idea why Commodore didn't include any. Even a couple of meg would have made a port of Doom perfectly viable.
Old 27 January 2014, 11:29   #75
earok

Lentivector, I've confirmed issues with both NZ Story and SOTB3 that were my fault (and will be fixed in next release), however XP8 seems to work fine on my stock CD32. Can you please confirm it's definitely not working for you?

Edit: I see what you mean re: Shaq Fu, I think it only works with regular joysticks. I'll eliminate it from the next release.

Edit 2: I meant to ask, I couldn't find the "Speed" game you were referring to. If you find it, can you please send me a link? Cheers.

Edit 3: Confirmed copy protection with Doman, I'll see if I can find a cracked copy. (WHDLoad slave overcomes copy protection, but since the slave requires more memory than the CD32 has I need to use a traditionally installed copy).

Edit 4: Confirmed street rod 1-2 issues, it could be the same issue as Shaq Fu (ie, requires traditional joystick). I'll take them out of the next release.

Last edited by earok; 27 January 2014 at 11:58.
Old 27 January 2014, 12:53   #76
Cobe

please add Flimbo's quest to your maybe keyboard required list. thanx. keep on the good work
Old 27 January 2014, 21:21   #77
blaze-f

About Flashback... i've noticed that password can't be entered by gamepad. I don't like to play more than two consecutive hours.

Is there level selector crack or something like that?

Also
Quote:
Alien 3 (Additional mapping for jump)
In game options you can choose 2 button joystick. And jump function will be mapped on blue button.

Last edited by blaze-f; 27 January 2014 at 21:27.
Old 27 January 2014, 21:51   #78
earok

@cobe cheers, it's on the list

@blaze-f regarding Flashback, Psygore built a level selection option into the slave, so for the next version I'll give Flashback a menu all of it's own where you can select any start level.

Also regarding Alien 3, the reason I listed that request was I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that if you choose 2 button mode then it breaks the weapon selection button. Is it like that on yours?
Old 28 January 2014, 11:50   #79
earok

Just FYI, a major personal project has popped up for me (basically, a game I developed at the global game jam in the weekend has been selected to be put in a physical arcade cabinet for an event, so I have a lot of polishing to do), so I'm going to try and polish up the current version I have (adding text, pics, removing unplayable games etc) for a release in the next few days. Any last minute requests?
Old 28 January 2014, 11:52   #80
blaze-f

Quote:
@blaze-f regarding Flashback, Psygore built a level selection option into the slave, so for the next version I'll give Flashback a menu all of it's own where you can select any start level.
Thanx.

Quote:
Also regarding Alien 3, the reason I listed that request was I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that if you choose 2 button mode then it breaks the weapon selection button. Is it like that on yours?
No, you still can select weapon, but it does look very funny, because you change weapon and jump simultaneously.

Unlike Flashback, where 2 button option will crash controls, and you'll be unable to open inventory or use item.

Also, i forgot about Another World. This game can be play (except passwords - i can't remember whether they use a keyboard like Flashback or not) with Amiga CD32 joy without any slaves, but without separate button for jump it's not very comfortable to do. Is there any slaves for 2 button controls? It's very sad that this game doesn't have 2 button option.

P.S. Sorry about possible mistakes - i'm russian, and my english skills are mediocre. Except translation from english to russian

Last edited by blaze-f; 28 January 2014 at 12:19.
AdSense AdSense