English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 November 2002, 02:34   #1
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Question Getting amiga video into mah pc!

Hi guys!

Jist of this is I want to record my real amiga's video output (composite) onto my pc to save out as mpeg1+2 and avi!
I got a decent tv card but it can only go so far in res so its not 100%..

Anyone into this stuff? I bought a cheap second hand Iomega Buzz.. it supposed to allow pro-level video capture but i cant get it working right I wish it would as it records thru a SCSI card and thus can be very fast and record at high res!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 November 2002, 03:42   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

What resolution are you trying to record? Many of the Amiga's unique resolutions are not exactly NTSC/PAL friendly (as far as TV goes with mixing of low/high interlaced/non-interlaced modes).
Old 06 November 2002, 04:27   #3
Akira

Well, IMO the video the Amiga outputs it's pretty fucking video-device friendly in ANY PAL/NTSC resolution so you shouldn't be having problems. At least not on the Amiga side. The Iomega device might be at fault. I have connected Amigas to a myriad of video devices, and they work flawlessly with ANY of them, at any res (interlaced, non interlaced, you name it)

What is the problem, exactly?
Old 06 November 2002, 05:36   #4
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Lightbulb

Electroblaster, if I've found the right description, it's a USB capture device, isn't it?
I'm no expert on USB devices but I believe that there are some limitations regarding resolutions etc.
In addition, if what I read was correct, it seems like the 2 formats availalble are AVI & MJPEG, so I don't think you'll be able to capture mpeg 1/2 in real time,(though you can convert it later of course).

I got the info from here about the card....
http://www.vcdhelp.com/capturecards....&Search=Search

The also have an okay forum board, I've been there a few times for assistance myself.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/
Old 07 November 2002, 04:10   #5
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Hi Guys!

Ok... first the Buzz is a two part setup! the main part is an SCSI card with the capture side integrated on it.. its a full scuzzy card in its own right with a Zoran chipset for the video! the second half is a break out box with inputs and outputs!

I have a tv card and have recorded everything with it.. vcr's, game consoles and amiga's! but the tv card isnt the best one too use and i was hoping the buzz would work in its place!

thanx for the links! i didnt know linux drivers exsisted i have two version's of linux here.... gonna be fun tho as i have never isntalled anything linux

thanx for the help
AdSense AdSense