English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 November 2013, 19:29   #101
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
For Amiga? Probably World of warcraft...
You made me laugh real loud. Haha!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 21 November 2013, 20:20   #102
mrbob2

Im pretty sure when we do see putty squad it will be 69p and from the apple store.

How hard is it in 2013 to upload the data to the net? they dont need a huge song and dance from andrew lloyd webber and a presentation, just upload the files!

Im sure EAB members can compile and get it sorted.

Silly putty is one game i always looked forward too and in 2013 it still would be magic.

I have not used my A1200 for about 10 years (properly) and i would love to set it up and play silly putty the way it was meant to be done, with real hardware.

I do feel theres a slight chance the guys at system 3 are simply using this as a false promise to generate hype for the android/ios release.
Old 21 November 2013, 22:36   #103
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Two more weeks?

What 'crucial component' could he possibly be missing that prevents saving, that couldn't be sorted out for less than the price of a couple of pints of beer?

Is it some sort of magical dongle, maybe? Doesn't their A1200 have a working floppy drive? A PCMCIA adapter and CF card can be had cheaply. [/cynical]
Old 22 November 2013, 01:34   #104
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
What 'crucial component' could he possibly be missing that prevents saving, that couldn't be sorted out for less than the price of a couple of pints of beer?
A flux capacitor, man.
Here, it looks like this:
Old 22 November 2013, 08:06   #105
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Lol!
Time to spam their FB page again, perhaps?
Old 26 November 2013, 01:56   #106
trydowave

good news at last
Old 28 November 2013, 15:02   #107
funK

Putty Squad is reborn on PS4 this week

Quote:
Sadly, the 16 bit era on home computers came to an end very quickly, just as we were finishing Putty Squad. We even had demos on cover mounted disks, with gamers playing over and over, setting high scores and sharing their stories of Putty’s adventures with their friends. What came next was a crushing blow – retailers weren’t taking Amiga games anymore, and we had this brilliant game ready to go. And so, it remained, locked away for decades.
[...]
We reworked everything from the original Amiga data files, redrawing sprites, re-working level backgrounds, balancing gameplay, and adding in new features not present in the original, such as challenge mode.
[...]
The most exciting development was still to come. We still had the original Super Putty data, and what better way to celebrate the arrival of the eighth generation than by giving away every graphical level of Super Putty for free as part of the Putty Squad season pass with day one pre-orders for PlayStation 4 at GAME stores in the UK.
[...]
So they locked away the original Amiga version and never publicly released it because, mmmhhh... reasons?
More salt in the wounds, at this point I firmly believe they're just trolling us...
Old 28 November 2013, 15:22   #108
sokolovic

So I guess that the coder of MK2 which was released in 1995 on Amiga and sold 120 000 copies according to his royalties cheque was just a liar since in mid 1994 "retailers weren’t taking Amiga games anymore".
Old 28 November 2013, 16:25   #109
john1979

Wow those quotes do seem like subtle trolling to me.

I'm holding my breath for now, the deadline is December 6th for them to come true on their words. If they lie again, I will be giving Putty Squad a wide berth when I get a PS4 next year.
Old 28 November 2013, 17:12   #110
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
So I guess that the coder of MK2 which was released in 1995 on Amiga and sold 120 000 copies according to his royalties cheque was just a liar since in mid 1994 "retailers weren’t taking Amiga games anymore".
Mortal kombat 2 was a huge hit. And since the conversion was good, amiga fellows bought 120 000 copies, which is huge for an end of reign amiga game.

My thought on this was that putty squad was not that big, and therefore retails said 'no'.
Old 28 November 2013, 19:41   #111
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Game (or Electronic Boutique as it was known back then) were stocking every new Amiga game right upto around 1997/98. I couldn't say how many copies they stocked at a time, but it was no issue getting all new releases at that time.

I certainly remember all the later Team17 games and all the re-releases by Guildhall leisure on the shelves.
Old 28 November 2013, 23:59   #112
andy82

So here's another conspiracy theory: What if Putty Squad is based on the Aladdin engine? We all know that this Aladdin beta had Putty Squad backgrounds in it. What if Twiddy used his Aladdin engine port for Putty Squad as well? Or the level editor? Or just some other technology that is property of Virgin? That could be an explanation why it was never released, maybe it was too expensive to license this technology from Virgin.
Old 29 November 2013, 12:52   #113
edd_jedi

Yep my local Game in Poole had a large dedicated Amiga section until at least 1997 and possibly further, by which time the SNES and Mega Drive games had been relegated to the smaller stands in the middle of the aisles. I think the last Amiga game I bought was probably Aladdin.
Old 29 November 2013, 15:04   #114
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82 View Post
So here's another conspiracy theory: What if Putty Squad is based on the Aladdin engine? We all know that this Aladdin beta had Putty Squad backgrounds in it. What if Twiddy used his Aladdin engine port for Putty Squad as well? Or the level editor? Or just some other technology that is property of Virgin? That could be an explanation why it was never released, maybe it was too expensive to license this technology from Virgin.
Intriguing
Putty development was afterwards?
Old 29 November 2013, 17:53   #115
andy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitux View Post
Intriguing
Putty development was afterwards?
I'd say about the same time which also explains why this Aladdin beta uses Putty Squad backgrounds. Or maybe the Amiga Aladdin was based on the Putty Squad engine and they sold everything to Virgin.
Old 29 November 2013, 17:59   #116
Akira

Old 29 November 2013, 22:33   #117
vitux
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82 View Post
I'd say about the same time which also explains why this Aladdin beta uses Putty Squad backgrounds. Or maybe the Amiga Aladdin was based on the Putty Squad engine and they sold everything to Virgin.
It could also be that Mr. Twiddy obtained the property your engine and use it in Putty for System 3. And the reason for cancellation was another.
Conspiracies and intrigue are entertaining
Old 29 November 2013, 22:36   #118
Dokugogagoji

Well...let him to publish the game for the consoles.

So we can rip it, make the almighty Amiga version and put a "Sucks to be you, Mark Cale" in the intro screen

Old 30 November 2013, 00:51   #119
csc2ya

Looks like the info about which consoles it would be may have been lies as well. Preordered it at game for the 360, and as of now, it still hasn't been shipped, and is also still showing as a preorder item in my account.

I've sent an e-mail to game to try and find out what's going on, and have also warned them about System 3 / Mark Cale lying to poeple in the past.

It does appear to have been released for the Playstation 4 strangely, but no sign of it actually being released for any of the other consoles it was said to be on.

Old 30 November 2013, 03:49   #120
nittamituaki
Cd32+Fdd User (CFU)

At least following versions' existence cannot be confirmed.

Wii U & i-OS (they seems to be cancelled in early November).
x360, 3ds, Windows8.

I wonder why System3's official channel has shut Brian Blessed's last voice,
"Playstation Vita, Playstation3, and Playstation4, (xbox360,Windows8,...hoo,ho...still,and Nintendo 3DS! )"

Now Ebay sellers should not use stock photo,btw.
AdSense AdSense