English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 30 January 2014, 20:08   #581
acd2001
Zone Friend
acd2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Vision Thing BBS & Endor BBS (Intro) by Infect -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=10259

I have tried all WinUAE configs from A500 till A1200 and didnt managed to reach the 2nd screen with no one ... on A1200 it almost blocked all processes on my PC laptop ... so this is main reason why reporting it here. (used test winuae 2014-01-29 16:57)

This demo is broken.
Try http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=15004
In this disk, Demo number 4 works with A1200 configuration.
acd2001 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 January 2014, 20:22   #582
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by acd2001 View Post
This demo is broken.
Try http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=15004
In this disk, Demo number 4 works with A1200 configuration.
Thanks for checking ...
Yeah, demo is probably broken, I found another (probably) working version on this link with different crc32 -> http://www.arabuusimiehet.com/break/...ls.php?id=4322

But also is good as it shoved that something else is broken inside A1200 mode !!!

Last edited by amilo3438; 30 January 2014 at 21:24.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 31 January 2014, 15:20   #583
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
The Gamble Hall BBS Intro (Demo) by Scoopex & Disaster Area -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=21680

A500 mc OCS / ECS ... static pixel (again ) on logo (disappear in next part) -> pic.1


Crash Landing (Crack Intro) by Scoopex -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=8311

A500 mc OCS / ECS ... something weird is happening -> pic.2 (Note: Also evident in Fullscreen (TV) filter !!!)


Woui Dentreau (Demo) by Majic 12 -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=26665

A500 ECS ... wont work, after loading the mouse arrow changes colors and it last forever !!!

Edit: After starting winuae again, now it behaves different ... after decompressing it returns to workbench prompt.


Satellite City (Intro) by LSD -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=20393

A500 ECS ... some dashes -> pic.3


Retro (Demo) by LSD -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=7359

A500 ECS ... CPU HALT1 !!! (Note: Above link says following: To can execute this demo, the filename must be "retro.lsd")


Trick Or Treat (Intro) by Nerve Axis -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=24939

A500 ECS ... some glitches -> pic.4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCX_DA-GambleHallBBS_001.png
Views:	97
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	38853   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scoopex-CrCrashLanding_002.png
Views:	102
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	38854   Click image for larger version

Name:	LSD_bbsIntro91_001.png
Views:	99
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	38855   Click image for larger version

Name:	NVX-Comptro_001.png
Views:	90
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	38859  

Last edited by amilo3438; 31 January 2014 at 20:06.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 31 January 2014, 21:29   #584
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
I dont know, but maybe would be good that there exist an AGA problem thread also just for collecting the existing problems ... this could be used for near/far future when AGA "phase 2 of 68020 CE" development finished ... who know if there will be someone in future interested for this task ... just saying.
I don't mind but don't expect any comments too soon unless it is interesting enough (=not CPU problem!)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 31 January 2014, 21:45   #585
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
The Gamble Hall BBS Intro (Demo) by Scoopex & Disaster Area -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=21680

A500 mc OCS / ECS ... static pixel (again ) on logo (disappear in next part) -> pic.1
A500 confirmed.

Quote:
Crash Landing (Crack Intro) by Scoopex -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=8311

A500 mc OCS / ECS ... something weird is happening -> pic.2 (Note: Also evident in Fullscreen (TV) filter !!!)
Nothing wrong with the scroller but whole screen (except logo) is shifted to right (right side of scroller wraps around to left). No fix yet but it should be easy one.

Quote:
Woui Dentreau (Demo) by Majic 12 -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=26665

A500 ECS ... wont work, after loading the mouse arrow changes colors and it last forever !!!
Long decrunch time. AMOS crap, some libs needed = boot using WB disk. (Screen with scrolltext and really ugly blocky garbage appearing in top and bottom is correct!)

Quote:
Satellite City (Intro) by LSD -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=20393

A500 ECS ... some dashes -> pic.3
A500 confirmed. Usual overscan bugs.

Quote:
Retro (Demo) by LSD -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=7359

A500 ECS ... CPU HALT1 !!! (Note: Above link says following: To can execute this demo, the filename must be "retro.lsd")
Exactly, works only if renamed.

Quote:
Trick Or Treat (Intro) by Nerve Axis -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=24939

A500 ECS ... some glitches -> pic.4
80 character mode needed. Color flickering in scroller is normal.

Always test executable demos by booting WB1.3 disk if it does not work when booting directly (no one boots demos this way on real hardware!)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 01 February 2014, 00:51   #586
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Nothing wrong with the scroller but whole screen (except logo) is shifted to right (right side of scroller wraps around to left). No fix yet but it should be easy one.
FYI ... and below demos also seems to have shifted screen to right side:

Demon's Tomb - The Awakening - Import (Crack Intro) by Scoopex -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=6026

Human Designer 1.0 for Turbo Silver v3.0 (Crack Intro) by Scoopex -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=16829
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 01 February 2014, 15:08   #587
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Toptronics (Intro) by Image -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=12339

A500 most common ... strange behaving of this new/fresh added intro, but similar one "Death Trap +1" mentioned on link above seems to works fine !!!


Defjam Packer 3.6 - Intro (Intro) by Trackers -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=25137

A500 most common ... if file is loaded directly it plays music too fast, but if loaded after workbench disk it plays at normal speed !!!

Last edited by amilo3438; 01 February 2014 at 18:09.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 01 February 2014, 20:21   #588
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
FYI ... and below demos also seems to have shifted screen to right side:
Exact same copper list.

Should be fixed now (but other things may have broken, horizontal scanline state machine was partially rewritten)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Toptronics (Intro) by Image -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=12339

A500 most common ... strange behaving of this new/fresh added intro, but similar one "Death Trap +1" mentioned on link above seems to works fine !!!
It is 100% correct. It is anti-Toptronics intro. (Toptronics, Finnish computer&game distributor, had sort of war against Amiga piracy in late 1980s or early 1990s)

Quote:
Defjam Packer 3.6 - Intro (Intro) by Trackers -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=25137

A500 most common ... if file is loaded directly it plays music too fast, but if loaded after workbench disk it plays at normal speed !!!
Confirmed. It has bad interrupt setup.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 01 February 2014, 23:09   #589
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Should be fixed now (but other things may have broken, horizontal scanline state machine was partially rewritten)
Quick checking of new winuae test version 2014-02-01 ...

DUAL_CREW-PeqIntro ... black line OCS problem is returned back -> pic.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DUAL_CREW-PeqIntro_004.png
Views:	92
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	38875  
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 02 February 2014, 11:14   #590
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Fixed. Again.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 02 February 2014, 12:23   #591
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Fixed. Again.
... but something strange is happening with winuae.log now -> see on pic. below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	92
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	38880  
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 02 February 2014, 15:12   #592
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Samplers-BackIn90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Does not happen on real A500 but there is something strange going on because exactly identical glitch appears if I enter Action Replay 3 and then exit it..

EDIT: AR3 is just a side-effect, nothing to do with real problem, it is emulation missing feature that hasn't been triggered until now. Demo has really funny accidental bug.

Copperlist sets 3 plane lores mode, then after 3 full bitplane fetches it writes zero to BPLCON0, immediately after last "fetch block's" BPL1DAT write. This last write has some zeros in upper bits (something like $0xxx), Denise is quick enough to switch of bitplane output just before non-zero data gets shifted out.. This "Agnus fetched it all but Denise didn't output it all" condition isn't emulated.

100% accidental, there is no way coder did this on purpose

EDIT2: Above is slightly wrong, writing to BPLCON0 after Denise starts shifting won't do anything but if BPLCON0 is written immediately after BPL1DAT write, it will prevent Denise from starting to output new 16 bits of data.
Fixed and hopefully correctly fixed..

It appears Denise does not copy temp stored bitplane data to shift register when BPLCON1 matches if bitplane is disabled. (And this demo disables all planes just early enough). At least this is logical enough explanation..
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 02 February 2014, 18:33   #593
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
RAZOR1911-WeShaveAss

FYI ... I have just noticed this (pic.1 below) and wondering does the scrolling text looks same like jagged on a real Amiga also ... ?! (... because I forgot to ask/check for this before.)


RAF-TriumphMeetingIntro

Seems broken again ... small black line on left side appears -> pic.2 (tested in WinUAE beta5)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_RAZOR1911-WeShaveAss_001.png
Views:	85
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	38885   Click image for larger version

Name:	_RAF-TriumphMeetingIntro_005.png
Views:	89
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	38886  

Last edited by amilo3438; 02 February 2014 at 18:54.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 02 February 2014, 18:58   #594
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
RAZOR1911-WeShaveAss

FYI ... I have just noticed this (pic.1 below) and wondering does the scrolling text looks same like jagged on a real Amiga also ... ?! (... because I forgot to ask/check for this before.)
Yes, it looks quite ugly on real A500 too.

Quote:
RAF-TriumphMeetingIntro

Seems broken again ... small black line on left side appears -> pic.2 (tested in WinUAE beta5)
I cleaned up emulation code and forgot one detail..
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 02 February 2014, 19:52   #595
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I cleaned up emulation code and forgot one detail..
one proposal ... how about to release one last winuae "code cleaned" test version before of releasing next official beta ?! ... just saying.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 02 February 2014, 19:54   #596
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
one proposal ... to release one last winuae "code cleaned" test version before of releasing next official beta ?! ... just saying.
No. Whats the point? I am not doing those just for you! Betas are supposed to be the ones to test, not random test versions.

EDIT: and just to make the point: two or 3 last test version(s) had horrible bug when using non-cycle exact modes and blitter is not immediate. No one seemed to notice it until beta was released.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 02 February 2014, 20:01   #597
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
No. Whats the point? I am not doing those just for you! Betas are supposed to be the ones to test, not random test versions.
Yeah, right ... but currently I am the only one who have spent last night testing all "already fixed" demos and reported findings here ... just dont forget this.

Also, according to your theory of "testing only the official betas", it could happen that something what works fine in one beta doesnt work fine in next test version, and on such way it could happens to miss some important demo problem just waiting for the next official beta ... just saying the point, it has already happened in the past.

"Momma knows what she's saying."

p.s. And, I am also not doing these only just for you ... than for all Amiga fans, let it be known.

Just hope that this is not a way for showing respect toward someones hard work in helping to find the emu problems, because if were so, then he/she can only wish that those others, for who are you also doing this, will continue to help with the same enthusiasm as he/she did.

Last edited by amilo3438; 03 February 2014 at 00:39. Reason: small corrections
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 03 February 2014, 01:58   #598
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Out of topic ...

You know, bright future of this project still depends on all of us on a some way ...


what all of us can do is only report the emu problem,

and also what the emu developer/coder can not do is to improve the emu code without having a feedback,

specially not so fast ... all see the connection ?!


But unfortunately, and specifically for this project ...

the emu developer/coder is only one ... and us, emu users, there are many more ...

So a little wondering, what the rest of us (users) still waiting for ?!

The better emu can happen only if we all are involved ... as much feedback from us users, the better for all.

p.s.
I do not want anyone smart ass, just saying.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 03 February 2014, 14:00   #599
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
p.s.
Just to say that sometimes can be really frustrating, especially if found that next beta has lot of problems that were not there in last test version.


Now, back to topic ... again

Chainsaw Scroller (Demo) by Razor 1911 -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=406

A500 most common ... if file is loaded directly it shows some glitches at beginning (pic.1), but if loaded after workbench disk it looks fine !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Razor1911-Chainsaw_001.png
Views:	85
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	38894  
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 03 February 2014, 17:46   #600
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
p.s.
Just to say that sometimes can be really frustrating, especially if found that next beta has lot of problems that were not there in last test version.
Then you haven't really paying attention if it took this long to notice. It has happened all the time and will happen again. (and you aren't the only one who tests demos, I have to test my standard 20-100 demo test set, depending on what was modified, which keeps getting bigger and bigger, every time I do chipset related test to confirm nothing got broken too badly. It is really boring^10. And you think you are the only one doing something frustrating. Unlikely. I just do it, I don't complain.)

This is how emulation development works. Anything can get broken when code gets rewritten and rewritten again to better match currently assumed real hardware behavior (which is not fully known) and without breaking anything else, like other emulation modes.

I am not going to change how I work with UAE just because someone asks, I don't do politics, only code talks.

Also this was my last answer to offtopic posts in this thread. Future offtopic posts will be moved somewhere else.

Quote:
Now, back to topic ... again

Chainsaw Scroller (Demo) by Razor 1911 -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=406

A500 most common ... if file is loaded directly it shows some glitches at beginning (pic.1), but if loaded after workbench disk it looks fine !!!
Yes, confirmed.
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problematic GVP A530 Turbo Mogsy support.Hardware 22 13 November 2012 19:12
Problematic thread? prowler project.EAB 5 28 October 2011 00:06
Problematic Holiday Lemmings 94 demo disk MethodGit support.Games 19 08 November 2010 03:56
Problematic slaves list keropi project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 44 28 November 2008 12:46
Looking for two demos... eternalcrusader request.Demos 3 01 August 2006 08:57

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.27521 seconds with 12 queries