English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06 December 2013, 21:12   #421
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
New Beginning (Demo) by Epsilon Design

A500 OCS KS1.2/1.3 ... scrolling text glitches in star window (pic.1)!

p.s. Most likely CPU emu timing as it doesnt happens if CE=Off !!!
Fixed. (MOVE from SR to memory was too fast and it only caused problems because demo is coded crappily, scrolling is pure CPU, no blitter whatsoever used. Which was good!)

Quote:
No Prayer For The Dying (Demo) by Epsilon Design

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... 3d object does not rotate smoothly -> like occasional hesitation in rotation is happening!
A500 confirmed.

Quote:
IT, Razor 1911, Abnormal, Hoaxers and Network Gigaparty - party report (Demo) by Escape & Outlaws

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... strange line appears (pic.2)!
Emulation bug. Mid horizontal line hires to lores change, for some reason last pixel row of image is delayed.

Quote:
Technic Confusion (Demo) by Exalis

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... a little strange, looks like right line is missing (pic.3)!
No, it isn't. A500 confirmed.

Quote:
Assemblytro (40k Intro) by Excide

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches on logo rotation (pic.4)!
A500 confirmed.
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 December 2013, 09:16   #422
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
New Stuff (Intro) by Iron Eagle Crew

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... see pic.1 !!!


Demo Compilation 2 Intro (Intro) by Irongods

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... see pic.2 !!!


Humle I (Demo) by J-Beam

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... see pic.3 !!!


We Import All to Finland (Intro) by Ksylitol

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches -> pic.4 !!!
All confirmed. (both A500 and A1000)

Irongods needs 80 character mode.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 07 December 2013, 11:26   #423
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Crazy World (Demo) by Dioxide

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... some white dashes on copper bars (pic.1)!
The usual. (But this time it is pure CPU timed, it can't be CPU issue, at least only CPU because copper timed also had same glitches. It must be something unexpected because I can't find anything wrong from DMA timing)

Quote:
Demo by Dope

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... a few glitches on logo "DOPE" after some 18 sec from beginning! (Note: It happens too fast so no pictures is taken!)
CPU timing issue most likely. (Does not happen on A500)

Quote:
Revenge (Intro) by Enator

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... some glitches (pic.2)! (The demo might be damaged!)
Confirmed (A500 & A1000)

Quote:
Little Meeting Mentro (Intro) by Eon

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... weird, the dashes inside copper effect (pic.3) ... as seeing such effect 1st time so it needs verifying !
Confirmed. It does look wrong but it is correct.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 07 December 2013, 14:06   #424
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Sinemania (Intro) by Latex

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... something strange is happening here ... pic.1 !!!


Snigelsaft (Demo) by Latex

Hm, this is from 1999 so probably not for OCS or ECS ... but on 1200 AGA it works until part where it starts slow down - see pic.2 !!!

p.s. This should probably be opened under AGA topic, but as such topic hasnt been opened yet, so I putting it here to not be forgotten !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Latex-Sinemania_001.png
Views:	108
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	38089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Latex-Snigelsaft_001.png
Views:	110
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	38090  

Last edited by amilo3438; 07 December 2013 at 14:32.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 07 December 2013, 15:30   #425
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Sinemania (Intro) by Latex

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... something strange is happening here ... pic.1 !!!
Fixed. It writes to blitter registers after starting it and this change made blitter to keep writing same data repeatedly. (It is demo bug and it only accidentally works because copper is active at the same time which blocks the CPU from writing to other blitter registers until blit has finished..)

Quote:
Snigelsaft (Demo) by Latex

Hm, this is from 1999 so probably not for OCS or ECS ... but on 1200 AGA it works until part where it starts slow down - see pic.2 !!!

p.s. This should probably be opened under AGA topic, but as such topic hasnt been opened yet, so I putting it here to not be forgotten !!!
It probably requires better config than basic A1200. It is too new. For me AGA means unexpended A1200, anything else will be ignored completely. (Unexpended A1200 will also be ignored for now but not forever)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 07 December 2013, 16:43   #426
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
It probably requires better config than basic A1200. It is too new. For me AGA means unexpended A1200, anything else will be ignored completely. (Unexpended A1200 will also be ignored for now but not forever)
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention it is just for info ... anyway, I tried it in basic 1200 and it works good until when becomes to slowing down on some point ... probably will need also testing on a real A1200 (basic) ... one day maybe.

EDIT: Just to not forgot mention that with the sound is easy to detect a point on which becomes slowing down ... and for sure it doesnt require better config than just a basic A1200.

p.s. So another demo has been fixed and also such fast ... many thanks master Toni !!!

Last edited by amilo3438; 07 December 2013 at 17:45.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 08 December 2013, 10:06   #427
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Most vertical copper bar glitches are now fixed. (not all, remaining are caused by real timing issues)

It is time to wear brown paper bag again (it has been quite long since last time!).

Blitter and bitplane DMA was emulated in separate passes during the time CPU was doing "nothing" (waiting for memory, doing internal calculations) which of course won't work that well if there are tiny blits started mid-scanline are blitter is really "racing the beam" (safety margin is only few clocks!)

If blitter writes to same addresses that bitplane dma fetches in same scanline, blitted data was visible on screen, even if blitter writes should have happened after bitplane dma fetched them.

(This is yet another performance optimization, used in non-ce modes)

Note that this only caused visual glitches in some quite rare situations, it didn't have any effect on emulation timing or compatibility (from running program point of view of course).

EDIT: It can increase CPU requirements in some demos, even if they didn't have any glitches. There is no way around it.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 08 December 2013, 16:55   #428
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Just Another Compilation (Intro) by Magnetic Fields

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... pic.1 (Note: It doesnt happens if CE=OFF) !!!


Winter Conference '91 Report (Intro) by Magnetic Fields

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... small glitches (pic.2) !!! (but doesnt if mem = 0.5 chip only!!!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MF-JustAnotherCompil_001.png
Views:	106
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	38106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	38107  

Last edited by amilo3438; 08 December 2013 at 17:49.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 08 December 2013, 18:49   #429
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Just Another Compilation (Intro) by Magnetic Fields

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... pic.1 (Note: It doesnt happens if CE=OFF) !!!
Fixed.

Another program that accidentally changes blitter mode while it is active (without bad side-effects this time), some tweaks needed to not confuse emulation too much.

Quote:
Winter Conference '91 Report (Intro) by Magnetic Fields

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... small glitches (pic.2) !!! (but doesnt if mem = 0.5 chip only!!!)
A500 confirmed.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 08 December 2013, 20:48   #430
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Gastkammare (Demo) by Massive

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches on demo part -> see pic.1 (Note: It doesnt happens if CE=OFF) !!!


Expiration (Demo) by Mayhem

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches -> see pic.2 (Note: On 2.6.1 it happens but looks differently, on 2.0.1 it didnt happens.)


Paracetamol (Demo) by Mayhem

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... something strange happens to pattern shown on pic.3 (Note: It last very short time.) !!!


New Stuff (Demo) by Megapowers

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... the lower scroller is shifted to left side -> pic.4 !!! (Note: With 512 chip only it doesnt happens!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Massive-Gastkammare_004.png
Views:	115
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	38112   Click image for larger version

Name:	MAYHEM-Expiration_003.png
Views:	108
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	38113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mayhem-Paracentamol_001.png
Views:	104
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	38114   Click image for larger version

Name:	MEGAPOWER-NewStuff_001.png
Views:	96
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	38115  

Last edited by amilo3438; 09 December 2013 at 15:24.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 December 2013, 18:53   #431
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Fixed.

Another program that accidentally changes blitter mode while it is active (without bad side-effects this time), some tweaks needed to not confuse emulation too much.
Very good, but it still doesnt work correct in latest winuae.zip test version!

p.s. Its always good to have latest test version during verifying demos/intros!
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 December 2013, 18:56   #432
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Very good, but it still doesnt work correct in latest winuae.zip test version!
Unfortunately I have to again say "Works for me" because I can't see anything useful. Sorry.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 09 December 2013, 19:05   #433
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Latest version I have is winuae.zip 2013-12-08 17:39 ... and that one is still on dl link!

p.s. Maybe the newer version on which works is not updated on DL link!

Last edited by amilo3438; 09 December 2013 at 19:14.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 December 2013, 19:50   #434
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
For some reason it was too old version, updated now.

NOTE: compilation options changed, may cause unexpected side-effects.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 09 December 2013, 20:12   #435
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Unfortunately I have to again say "Works for me" because I can't see anything useful. Sorry.
Well, it works now for me too in this updated version.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 10 December 2013, 16:09   #436
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
We're doing the Charts (Intro) by Nebula

A500 ECS (1mb chip) ... pic.1 !!!


Copper Bandwaggon (Demo) by New Age

Cant make it to run in any of QS A500 configurations !!! (Note: The demo is from 1990.)


No Sleeping (40k Intro) by Offence

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches on part ... pic.2 !!! (Note: It doesnt glitches that part on A1200, but anyway it will need verifying on a real A500 to be sure.)


Tiny Intro (Intro) by Orb

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... some line appears ... pic.3 !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NEBULA-Charts_001.png
Views:	115
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	38132   Click image for larger version

Name:	OFFENCE-NoSleeping!_002.png
Views:	98
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	38137   Click image for larger version

Name:	ORB-Tiny_002.png
Views:	98
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	38141  

Last edited by amilo3438; 11 December 2013 at 18:45.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 11 December 2013, 20:07   #437
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Gastkammare (Demo) by Massive

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches on demo part -> see pic.1 (Note: It doesnt happens if CE=OFF) !!!
Fixed. New undocumented feature: last line of field can't have bitplane dma active (even if DIWSTOP hasn't matched yet)

Quote:
Expiration (Demo) by Mayhem

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches -> see pic.2 (Note: On 2.6.1 it happens but looks differently, on 2.0.1 it didnt happens.)
Blitter modifications while active (check the log)

Quote:
Paracetamol (Demo) by Mayhem

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... something strange happens to pattern shown on pic.3 (Note: It last very short time.) !!!
A500 confirmed.

Quote:
New Stuff (Demo) by Megapowers

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... the lower scroller is shifted to left side -> pic.4 !!! (Note: With 512 chip only it doesnt happens!)
I can't see any difference.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 11 December 2013, 20:15   #438
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
We're doing the Charts (Intro) by Nebula

A500 ECS (1mb chip) ... pic.1 !!!
A500 confirmed.

Quote:
Copper Bandwaggon (Demo) by New Age

Cant make it to run in any of QS A500 configurations !!! (Note: The demo is from 1990.)
Fixed. Invalid (bit 0 inverted) CIA address in prefetch/cycle-exact mode wasn't properly emulated (no, bset #9,$bfe000 is not same as bset #1,$bfe001!)

Quote:
No Sleeping (40k Intro) by Offence

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... glitches on part ... pic.2 !!! (Note: It doesnt glitches that part on A1200, but anyway it will need verifying on a real A500 to be sure.)
A500 confirmed. (Needs faster system)

Quote:
Tiny Intro (Intro) by Orb

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... some line appears ... pic.3 !!!
A500 confirmed.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 11 December 2013, 21:07   #439
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
New Overgrowth Production (Intro) by Overgrowth

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... not sure is that interlace mode or not ... pic.1 !!!
... it reminds a little on "COOL FRIDGE by UPFRONT" syncronize CPU to display" issue!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OVERGROWTH-New_003.png
Views:	105
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	38142  
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 11 December 2013, 21:21   #440
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
New Overgrowth Production (Intro) by Overgrowth

A500 OCS/ECS (most common) ... not sure is that interlace mode or not ... pic.1 !!!
... it reminds a little on "COOL FRIDGE by UPFRONT" syncronize CPU to display" issue!
It is exactly correct, it is made to look like that for some strange reason.

OCS only, whole screen is corrupted if ECS.
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problematic GVP A530 Turbo Mogsy support.Hardware 22 13 November 2012 19:12
Problematic thread? prowler project.EAB 5 28 October 2011 00:06
Problematic Holiday Lemmings 94 demo disk MethodGit support.Games 19 08 November 2010 03:56
Problematic slaves list keropi project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 44 28 November 2008 12:46
Looking for two demos... eternalcrusader request.Demos 3 01 August 2006 08:57

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.28241 seconds with 12 queries