English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05 November 2013, 13:09   #321
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
A Small Intro (Intro) by Quartz

A500 OCS/ECS 512+512 ... pic.1 ?!


EDIT: DLDemo (Intro) by The Warfalcons

In the demo it said that its not working with "new FAT Agnus" (pic.2)!
In WinUAE it works with OCS, ECS Agnus (what is FAT Agnus, right?), ECS Full (what is Super FAT)?!
Does it work also on a real ECS A500?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QUARTZ-ASmallBBSIntro_001.png
Views:	104
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	37686   Click image for larger version

Name:	TWF-DLDemo_001.png
Views:	94
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	37688  

Last edited by amilo3438; 05 November 2013 at 15:19.
amilo3438 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 November 2013, 17:07   #322
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Oh No! Not Another One of Those Bob-Demos (Demo) by D-Mob

A500 OCS/ECS 512+512 ... Probably another one "CPU speed issue"?!
Yes, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
A Small Intro (Intro) by Quartz

A500 OCS/ECS 512+512 ... pic.1 ?!
I can't duplicate this problem.

Quote:
EDIT: DLDemo (Intro) by The Warfalcons

In the demo it said that its not working with "new FAT Agnus" (pic.2)!
In WinUAE it works with OCS, ECS Agnus (what is FAT Agnus, right?), ECS Full (what is Super FAT)?!
Does it work also on a real ECS A500?!
Bottom scroller has DDFSTRT/DDFSTOP value pair that causes display DMA to overrun causing total corruption at the bottom (same Agnus bug as in photo I attached some time ago).

Emulation won't care, no one knows what exactly happens when bitplane DMA and memory refresh cycles conflict. It can only print log message (which had a bug causing it to not log nothing in this situation).
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 05 November 2013, 17:28   #323
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I can't duplicate this problem.
Really, it is because seems to be random ... try to insert disk after WB hand shown!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw. theres one adf demo that couldnt manage to run in WinUAE -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=1201

Another link with shown picture that use same above link for DL -> http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Wildfire

Does it works oon a real Amiga?!
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 05 November 2013, 19:59   #324
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Really, it is because seems to be random ... try to insert disk after WB hand shown!
Ok, garbage is A500 confirmed if "WB hand" was visible before booting.

Quote:
Btw. theres one adf demo that couldnt manage to run in WinUAE -> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=1201

Another link with shown picture that use same above link for DL -> http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/Wildfire

Does it works oon a real Amiga?!
Disk is normal dos disk and it has lots of checksum errors.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 05 November 2013, 21:15   #325
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Extemporized (Musicdisk) by Digital

It stops scrolling on position ... see on pic.?! ... dont know, maybe needs some special configuration?!

(found this in winuaechangelog.txt -> "Adjusted drive step limit value slightly, Extemporized / Digital works again" ... and tested it again but got as mentioned)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIGITAL-Extemporized_001.png
Views:	117
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	37694  
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 05 November 2013, 21:29   #326
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Extemporized (Musicdisk) by Digital

It stops scrolling on position ... see on pic.?! ... dont know, maybe needs some special configuration?!

(found this in winuaechangelog.txt -> "Adjusted drive step limit value slightly, Extemporized / Digital works again" ... and tested it again but got as mentioned)
Try moving the mouse
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 05 November 2013, 22:16   #327
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Try moving the mouse
yea, stupid me, its a music disk, thus it needs something to move ...
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 06 November 2013, 12:46   #328
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
290 Bobs (Demo) by Hypnosis

A500 OCS/ECS ... after RMB on pic.1 below something breaks music?!

p.s. It has same CRC32 as one on link, what could mean it was once worked in some older WinUAE version?!?


EDIT:
The Debut (Intro) by Hypnosis & Vogue Designs

winuaelog -> "BLITTER: register modification during linedraw!" ... nothing "strange" visible on screen except the winuaelog.txt file is all filled with the massage!

EDIT2:
Just Do It (Demo) by Dimension X

on pic.2 ... winuaelog ->
BLITTER: on the fly 9 (1) -> 9 (0) switch! PC=000116cc
BLITTER: frozen! 9 (1) -> 9 (0) 000116CC
BLITTER: channel mode changed while active (19->09) PC=000116cc

EDIT3:
Bandits Radio (Demo) by Mad Elks

Possibly disk damaged! (pic.3) ... but anyway! (btw. does someone has correct version?)

EDIT4:
Peach Boys (Demo) by Stellar

winuaelog -> "BLITTER: channel mode changed while active (00->01) PC=00c07d38"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hypnosis-290Bobs_001.png
Views:	111
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	37702   Click image for larger version

Name:	DIMENSION_X-JustDoIt_002.png
Views:	96
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	37705   Click image for larger version

Name:	MadElks-BanditsRadio_002.png
Views:	109
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	37707  

Last edited by amilo3438; 06 November 2013 at 21:37. Reason: EDIT: "strange"
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 06 November 2013, 18:26   #329
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
290 Bobs (Demo) by Hypnosis

A500 OCS/ECS ... after RMB on pic. below something breaks music?!

p.s. It has same CRC32 as one on link, what could mean it was once worked in some older WinUAE version?!?
Exact same real A500 behavior.

Quote:
EDIT:
The Debut (Intro) by Hypnosis & Vogue Designs

winuaelog -> "BLITTER: register modification during linedraw!" ... nothing visible on screen except the winuaelog.txt file is all filled with the massage!
Works for me. This message is harmless this time and it is slightly wrong too.. (stupid code in demo!)
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 07 November 2013, 13:19   #330
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Superspinner (Demo) by Sodan

winuaelog -> "BLITTER: channel mode changed while active (05->09) PC=0003e58e"

A500 KS1.2 ... Weird behaving of music ... on some places it slowdown, on others accelerate ?!

p.s. This is official link ... Note: Instead "2" type "1" for SuperSpinner!

Last edited by amilo3438; 07 November 2013 at 13:42.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 07 November 2013, 21:14   #331
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Superspinner (Demo) by Sodan

winuaelog -> "BLITTER: channel mode changed while active (05->09) PC=0003e58e"

A500 KS1.2 ... Weird behaving of music ... on some places it slowdown, on others accelerate ?!

p.s. This is official link ... Note: Instead "2" type "1" for SuperSpinner!
Weird music confirmed, A1000 + KS 1.2 v33.180 kick disk.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 07 November 2013, 22:09   #332
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
No new problems found!

Also, now it becomes a little boring, so I think this would be all for a while ...
Maybe will continue around NW or so, will see ...

p.s. Over 4000 demos/intros have been tested during almost 9 weeks!
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 08 November 2013, 15:30   #333
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
If demos/intros becomes a little boring, then slideshows, for a change, now looks quite interesting.
(p.s. but do not know how long, depends on the current mood)

Batman Vuelve Sildeshow II (Slideshow) by Batman Group

winuaelog -> "Exception 3 (fc1bfe) at fc1bfc -> fc081a!" ... after 1st intro it stops here!


The Wonderful Art Of Hajime Soroyama (Slideshow) by Beyond Force

pic.1 ... without "Remove interlaced artifacts"

pic.2 ... Remove interlaced artifacts = ON (now a lot of glitches on screen graphics appears! ... could this option be improved?)


Amega Party Graphics Competition (Slideshow) by Dexion

winuaelog -> "Illegal instruction: 4e7b at 00FC0564 -> 00FC0582" ... got after loading any of picture and pressing "SPACE" key!?


Forgotten (Slideshow) by Mirage

pic.3 ... it happens on the 1st slide called ABRAXAS ... weird, tried also version from link ... isnt that supposed to be "hand checked and verified to be working" version?!


More Than Design (Slideshow) by Analog

pic.4 ... probably broken dms file, just a guess ?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF-ArtOfHajimeA_001.png
Views:	108
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	37724   Click image for larger version

Name:	BF-ArtOfHajimeA_002.png
Views:	112
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	37725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirage-Forgotten_002.png
Views:	109
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	37728   Click image for larger version

Name:	ANALOG-MoreThanDesign_001.png
Views:	100
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	37729  

Last edited by amilo3438; 08 November 2013 at 18:28.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 November 2013, 10:58   #334
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
If demos/intros becomes a little boring, then slideshows, for a change, now looks quite interesting.
(p.s. but do not know how long, depends on the current mood)

Batman Vuelve Sildeshow II (Slideshow) by Batman Group

winuaelog -> "Exception 3 (fc1bfe) at fc1bfc -> fc081a!" ... after 1st intro it stops here!
This quite interesting. It has null pointer bug, A0 points to zero but it was supposed to be pointer to some structure. It loads long from $56(a0) (which is always $083400fc under KS1.3, loads from exception vectors), this gets passed to GetMsg, GetMsg() loads message list successor pointer from $083400fc+$10 and for some reason result is zero on real hardware.

Normally reading from non-existing memory returns last prefetched value, I guess reading from ROM or fast ram (083400fc becomes 003400fc = fast ram region on 24-bit address bus) works differently.

EDIT: I think it is now correctly emulated.

Quote:
The Wonderful Art Of Hajime Soroyama (Slideshow) by Beyond Force

pic.1 ... without "Remove interlaced artifacts"

pic.2 ... Remove interlaced artifacts = ON (now a lot of glitches on screen graphics appears! ... could this option be improved?)
Possibly but I am not interested. It can never work well if program uses copper tricks.

Quote:
Amega Party Graphics Competition (Slideshow) by Dexion

winuaelog -> "Illegal instruction: 4e7b at 00FC0564 -> 00FC0582" ... got after loading any of picture and pressing "SPACE" key!?
It works as designed, it just resets the system when you want to see next image

Quote:
Forgotten (Slideshow) by Mirage

pic.3 ... it happens on the 1st slide called ABRAXAS ... weird, tried also version from link ... isnt that supposed to be "hand checked and verified to be working" version?!


More Than Design (Slideshow) by Analog

pic.4 ... probably broken dms file, just a guess ?!
Both have confirmed graphics corruption.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 09 November 2013 at 11:43.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 09 November 2013, 12:37   #335
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This quite interesting. It has null pointer bug, A0 points to zero but it was supposed to be pointer to some structure. It loads long from $56(a0) (which is always $083400fc under KS1.3, loads from exception vectors), this gets passed to GetMsg, GetMsg() loads message list successor pointer from $083400fc+$10 and for some reason result is zero on real hardware.

Normally reading from non-existing memory returns last prefetched value, I guess reading from ROM or fast ram (083400fc becomes 003400fc = fast ram region on 24-bit address bus) works differently.

EDIT: I think it is now correctly emulated.
Now is fixed, that is great.
Just checking ... there is no any sound on a real Amiga also as on emu "fixed" parts during black/white slideshow, right?!

p.s. The WinUAE becomes every day better and better.

Last edited by amilo3438; 09 November 2013 at 12:54.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 November 2013, 14:28   #336
Dr.Venom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
No new problems found!

Also, now it becomes a little boring, so I think this would be all for a while ...
Maybe will continue around NW or so, will see ...

p.s. Over 4000 demos/intros have been tested during almost 9 weeks!
Hi amilo (and Toni of course),

Thanks for putting in the effort in testing this -HUGE- amount of demos (4000+ !? ), and bringing WinUAE to the next level of perfection. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed
Dr.Venom is offline  
Old 09 November 2013, 14:59   #337
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Venom View Post
Hi amilo (and Toni of course),

Thanks for putting in the effort in testing this -HUGE- amount of demos (4000+ !? ), and bringing WinUAE to the next level of perfection. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed
Thanks, always has been nice to hear someone recognize work/effort involved into project.

I know, it was not easy, but someone had to do this once ... this emulator and Toni's almost 10 years effort involved into for sure deserve it.

p.s.
Also, for all repairs merits go Toni, in identifying possible problems my smallness ...
Of course, any improvements would not be possible without each other ... therefore it is very important to report any possible problem.

Last edited by amilo3438; 09 November 2013 at 15:38.
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 November 2013, 15:36   #338
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Now is fixed, that is great.
Just checking ... there is no any sound on a real Amiga also as on emu "fixed" parts during black/white slideshow, right?!
Yeah, music is only in intro.
Toni Wilen is online now  
Old 09 November 2013, 18:45   #339
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: EU
Posts: 1,114
Mega-Lomania Demo by Sunriders

On the loading demo part behaves weird! ... it looks as it creates invalid refresh rates?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunriders-MegaLomania_001.png
Views:	94
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	37733  
amilo3438 is offline  
Old 09 November 2013, 19:22   #340
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hämeenlinna/Finland
Age: 42
Posts: 19,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Mega-Lomania Demo by Sunriders

On the loading demo part behaves weird! ... it looks as it creates invalid refresh rates?!
I think it tries to make "noise effect" more real by slightly adjusting vertical position (0-10 or so lines) at vblank, this confused "fake ntsc" detection in emulation.

I added yet another hack, if vpos is changed inside vertical blanking (both new and old are inside vblank), do nothing. I think this can be handled easily more correctly, after 2.7.0 or later..

Put also this demo in "invalid refresh" category.
Toni Wilen is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problematic GVP A530 Turbo Mogsy support.Hardware 22 13 November 2012 19:12
Problematic thread? prowler project.EAB 5 28 October 2011 00:06
Problematic Holiday Lemmings 94 demo disk MethodGit support.Games 19 08 November 2010 03:56
Problematic slaves list keropi project.Killergorilla's WHD packs 44 28 November 2008 12:46
Looking for two demos... eternalcrusader request.Demos 3 01 August 2006 08:57

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.39370 seconds with 12 queries