English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 October 2002, 04:31   #1
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Repulse Zorro II

Has anybody else checked out this card? According to the description, this is the sound card to get for yer old school Amiga (well, the Zorro slot-equipped models, anyway). I'm seriously considering getting this thing. Check it out:

http://www.amigasuperbit.com/indexcataloge/388.htm
AdSense AdSense  
Old 28 October 2002, 04:46   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Delfina Flipper

Yet another soundcard that seems pretty groovy:

http://www.amigasuperbit.com/indexcataloge/429.htm

And so I won't have to create another post, what does everyone think of this bundle:

http://www.amigasuperbit.com/indexcataloge/608.htm

//NOTE: All these are from the same site, natch.
Old 28 October 2002, 05:56   #3
Korodny
Zone Friend

If you want to get a Zorro-soundcard, get your hands on the Delfina. This is certainly the best Amiga-specific soundcard ever developed. It's pretty expensive, but the Audio-geeks love it - and it easily competes with PCI soundcards in the same price range (according to the Audio geeks).

The "Flipper" edition is not available yet, Jens hopes to have it ready for the German Amiga Show (December), but he's not sure if he'll get it finished in time. He seems to be pretty busy with the new Catweasel (seems he gets enormous Feedback). Btw., "Delfina Flipper" means it has the same "Flipper" interface as the "Catweasel Flipper" - i.e. you can connect it to Zorro slots, PCI slots or an A1200 clockport.

If you don't need tons of geek features and could easily live with a Soundblaster, get a Mediator PCI board and a Soundblaster instead. This will give you access to cheap PCI cards (Voodoo3, 100MBit NIC, USB, TV cards). But in the bundle you linked to, the AVERMEDIA box seems to be pretty useless: It's more or less just a scan-doubler, so you'll have to get a monitor switcher or a PCI TV card to make any use of it.
Old 28 October 2002, 12:21   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks for the info, dude. Actually, that second link above is for the Delfina Flipper, which I found after I started this thread. Yes, that card is better. Those geek features rock and I was very pleased to see the Amiga with such a nice card. Even in the old days, there was only a couple of choices and even then, it was a bit limited in what was on board.
AdSense AdSense