English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 19 August 2013, 01:57   #1
rams
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampere / Finland
Posts: 23
Zune (or some other UI toolkit)

So I'd like to dapple in Amiga C coding now and then (on my current OS v. 3.0) and would like to use some ready UI toolkit if possible. Now, MUI and ClassAct are probably very fine products, but hell will freeze over few times until I pay some 20-40 bucks just to be able to fool around once in a while.

So I heard of Zune. And I have two questions: Is Zune AROS only? and Are there any other decent FREE UI toolkits that I can use in Amiga OS 3.0?

Apparently I have been spoiled by Qt.
rams is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 August 2013, 12:06   #2
OlafSch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nuernberg
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by rams View Post
So I'd like to dapple in Amiga C coding now and then (on my current OS v. 3.0) and would like to use some ready UI toolkit if possible. Now, MUI and ClassAct are probably very fine products, but hell will freeze over few times until I pay some 20-40 bucks just to be able to fool around once in a while.

So I heard of Zune. And I have two questions: Is Zune AROS only? and Are there any other decent FREE UI toolkits that I can use in Amiga OS 3.0?

Apparently I have been spoiled by Qt.
MUI38 is the standard for 3.1. GUI. Zune is the opensource reimplementation and AROS (68k) only. MUI38 is free of charge.

Last edited by OlafSch; 19 August 2013 at 13:21.
OlafSch is offline  
Old 19 August 2013, 15:41   #3
rams
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampere / Finland
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
MUI38 is the standard for 3.1. GUI. Zune is the opensource reimplementation and AROS (68k) only. MUI38 is free of charge.
I thought that MUI is shareware with limited free trial?
rams is offline  
Old 19 August 2013, 15:58   #4
thomas
Registered User
thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 5,551
The trial version only limits some settings in the preferences window. Applications work perfectly without a key. Development material is free.
thomas is offline  
Old 20 August 2013, 12:39   #5
rams
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampere / Finland
Posts: 23
Well I guess I'll have a look at MUI once again. Last time was some 20 years ago.
rams is offline  
Old 20 August 2013, 14:29   #6
robinsonb5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by rams View Post
Apparently I have been spoiled by Qt.
When I first explored GTK+ programming my first thought was "Apparently I have been spoiled by MUI"!
robinsonb5 is offline  
Old 24 August 2013, 09:00   #7
rams
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tampere / Finland
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
When I first explored GTK+ programming my first thought was "Apparently I have been spoiled by MUI"!
So true. It has been years since I last had a look at GTK+ but I do remember the early API docs.
rams is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUI Zune Questions elowan Amiga scene 1 23 January 2013 16:20
CDXL Toolkit dkovacs request.Apps 9 28 November 2012 17:50
CDXL Toolkit z00mba request.Apps 5 13 June 2007 02:44
AFA OS: Prerelease 1 of the MUI clone Zune Paul News 2 30 May 2006 08:57
from CDXL toolkit amiga request.Apps 0 23 October 2005 15:07

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.20265 seconds with 11 queries