English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 August 2013, 11:32   #1
discopete
Disco Dynamite !!

discopete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chester Le Street, Co. Durham
Age: 41
Posts: 18
Hello Amigos !!

Hi,

I'm Pete and have just signed up to the site (can't believe I've only just found it!!)

I have a heaping of Commodore stuff in my workshop and work with Jimbob and tonyc (from Aberdeen and Newcastle) in restoring and bringing poorly Amigas back to life (generally sourced from the local tip (it's unreal what people chuck out!!)

Great to be here and have already picked up some super tricks and tips from you guys in the last 24 hours.

Kindest reagrds,
Pete

Last edited by discopete; 10 August 2013 at 11:43.
discopete is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 August 2013, 12:53   #2
Phantom
Adventurer

Phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colossal Cave, Valaii
Posts: 363
Hi.
Phantom is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 13:10   #3
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails
Lord Aga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 896
Vamonos muchachos
Lord Aga is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 14:02   #4
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

lordofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bedfordshire
Age: 39
Posts: 1,002
Hi Pete, welcome to the boards. Discopete, any relation to Discostew?
lordofchaos is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 17:09   #5
discopete
Disco Dynamite !!

discopete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chester Le Street, Co. Durham
Age: 41
Posts: 18
Not that I know of !! and many thanks
discopete is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 17:20   #6
demolition
Unregistered User
demolition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Copenhagen / DK
Age: 37
Posts: 3,287
Welcome to the site.

I'm sure you will find all the 99% of the information you need here and for the remaining 1% there's lots of helpful people here.

Sounds great how you are saving and restoring what people throw away. I like doing the same, although I'd wish I'd have room for a proper workshop at home. But then who needs a dinner table when you can use it for Amiga projects?
demolition is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 18:07   #7
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Hi Pete, and welcome to EAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
But then who needs a dinner table when you can use it for Amiga projects?
Well, my wife does, for one , and she used to need the TV as well when I wanted to use it for Amiga projects until I bought an LCD widescreen TV to use as a monitor instead.
prowler is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 18:53   #8
discopete
Disco Dynamite !!

discopete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chester Le Street, Co. Durham
Age: 41
Posts: 18
Thank you. Hehehe loving it !! My gf goes nuts about the damage to the kitchen table I inflict fixing these things... there's nowt sharper than an A500 metal topshield !! lol
discopete is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 22:42   #9
jimbob
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kilmacolm
Age: 39
Posts: 616
Welcome Pete, as you can see, this place is very friendly, you will find it is equally helpful.
jimbob is offline  
Old 10 August 2013, 22:43   #10
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Hi Pete and welcome to EAB Enjoy your stay
TCD is offline  
Old 11 August 2013, 11:01   #11
discopete
Disco Dynamite !!

discopete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chester Le Street, Co. Durham
Age: 41
Posts: 18
Thank you very much. It does appear very friendly !!
discopete is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.16945 seconds with 10 queries