English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 July 2013, 03:17   #21
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Interesting statement..
Maybe it's a communication issue. I'm not sure one can say there is "more" genius without objectively checking genius levels... The word "more" implies a comparison of something.

We can say that Jeri is apparently very talented, and there are some other incredibly talented people in the Amiga community....

I'm not sure what being "a pretty woman" has to do with the conversation tho..
Are you saying something comparatively about the looks of Jens or Toni or Yaqube????

desiv
English is not my native and perhaps there is area where some vicious people can play with words - but truth is much simpler - how many girls involved in electronics you know? - i've meet few and for all of them electronics was rather boring thing. Jeri is very passionate about electronics - this is very good, she promote electronics, showing that it can be fun and interesting however with popularity there is also responsibility - all my previous statement was related to analysis what i see on movie, i've watched this many times, checking some things almost frame by frame - based on some other things i just doubt about how far it was advanced and that all.
No need to search for second meaning.

And it was not me who start use term genius so ask author about his intention and definitions...
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 July 2013, 03:24   #22
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
Weird that you mention you fancy her before you mention what she's actually good at.
I have no oportunity to verify this part "what she's actually good at" and based on some other movies perhaps she is not so good - however this is irrelevant as Minimig exist AmigaDTV not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
Next time Jens gets mentioned I'll have to make it clear I think he's probably got a firm arse before I mention his products.
lol - however there is no product offered by Jeri so i think that comparison made by you is not valid - remain part is boring for me (no offence Jens).
Old 13 July 2013, 03:40   #23
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
English is not my native and perhaps there is area where some vicious people can play with words
I think viscous might be a bit extreme... :-)
Quote:
- but truth is much simpler - how many girls involved in electronics you know?
Several, although not a high percentage of people working with electronics, that is true.
Quote:
- i've meet few and for all of them electronics was rather boring thing.
I've had the opposite experience. The women in electronics I've met were VERY into electronics. They had to work quite hard to get where they were, and generally you don't do that if it's boring to you..
Quote:
Jeri is very passionate about electronics - this is very good, she promote electronics, showing that it can be fun and interesting however with popularity there is also responsibility
I agree.. Good thing she's pretty responsible.. ;-)
Quote:
- all my previous statement was related to analysis what i see on movie, i've watched this many times, checking some things almost frame by frame - based on some other things i just doubt about how far it was advanced and that all.
No need to search for second meaning.
Wasn't searching.. I just pointed out some interesting statements you made, that's all.
Jeri has done much more than just the Amiga vid you've watched almost frame by frame (to which I take my hat off to you. I haven't watched any of her many vids that closely... ).
Some of us know of her ability from not just a specific project, but for the breadth of her projects.
Quote:
And it was not me who start use term genius so ask author about his intention and definitions...
Yes, although you mentioned genius, which was why I brought it up.
I think that word gets thrown around way too much personally...

As I've said before, I think Jeri has some mad skillz.. ;-)
I think there are people in the Amiga community with mad skillz.
I think that's great for electronics and for retro fans...

And I'm sure they are all pretty in their own way. ;-)

desiv
Old 13 July 2013, 06:10   #24
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

I think ultimately it comes down to the old phrase 'Vapourware', too many promises and too many people burned.

I don't think gender plays a role in electronics, males and females can be passionate about whatever they find to be an interest to them.

I applaud people who are willing to help and if they can reverse engineer or advance a nearly 30 year old system then great.
Old 13 July 2013, 13:39   #25
pandy71

Quote:
I think viscous might be a bit extreme... :-)
Please do not drift away from main topic as seem that my previous reply was seen as hate mail on Jeri.

Quote:
Several, although not a high percentage of people working with electronics, that is true.

I've had the opposite experience. The women in electronics I've met were VERY into electronics. They had to work quite hard to get where they were, and generally you don't do that if it's boring to you..
So i don't have such experience - all known electronics engineers that working in this profession are guys - i know a few formally educated woman's that are electronics engineers but they not work as electronics engineers and this was my point. I strongly believe that there is NO difference between woman and male brain and i don't see electronics as reserved for males - this is why i like person as Jeri - she is ambassador of electronic amongst people showing that if you like it you can do it.

Quote:
I agree.. Good thing she's pretty responsible.. ;-)
I know that we live in times where people don't care but i disagree with you - two examples - watch how many people watching YT on Jeri and on responsible (but perhaps bit boring) education material:

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
or
[ Show youtube player ]

less than 100 views for correct and good material vs over 13000 watches for nice material full of blinking waveforms and lights.

Quote:
Wasn't searching.. I just pointed out some interesting statements you made, that's all.
You pointed some interpretations but this is your right and i must accept this even if i disagree.

Quote:
Jeri has done much more than just the Amiga vid you've watched almost frame by frame (to which I take my hat off to you. I haven't watched any of her many vids that closely... ).
Some of us know of her ability from not just a specific project, but for the breadth of her projects.
Ok, good for You, this topic was dedicated to very enthusiastic opinion about almost finished AmigaDTV and as i understand doing some kick fund to reopen project. I just doubted about how far it was advanced based on video that all.

Quote:
Yes, although you mentioned genius, which was why I brought it up.
I think that word gets thrown around way too much personally...
Don't get me wrong but perhaps for next generation, genius will be guy that finish more than 3 levels of Mario... http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of...er-mario-bros/

Quote:
As I've said before, I think Jeri has some mad skillz.. ;-)
I think there are people in the Amiga community with mad skillz.
I think that's great for electronics and for retro fans...
Fine for me

Quote:
And I'm sure they are all pretty in their own way. ;-)
desiv
Kill me - i like girls - and brain (luckily to people like me) is not visible, boobies are - my fault - sorry for being such male chauvinistic pig.
Old 13 July 2013, 18:09   #26
desiv

Fair enough..

As for a true Amiga on a chip (mass produced, under $30 commercial product like the C64DTV), I don't see it being financially feasible.

And as good as FPGAs and emulation for things such as the Pi are getting, I'm not sure it's necessary..

Have a good one..

desiv
Old 13 July 2013, 18:32   #27
pandy71

Quote:
As for a true Amiga on a chip (mass produced, under $30 commercial product like the C64DTV), I don't see it being financially feasible.
Size of ASIC, memory size, mass storage as natural result of 16 bit code and more audio/video data. probably not even close to 30$ but anyway - i mean - i regret that AmigaDTV not happen but - many things in Amiga not happen and as C64 can be seen as a game computer, Amiga was something else - operating system, hardware capabilities - definitely not only game computer - probably first true personal machine, predecessor for technologies not even available today (i mean even modern PC with late MS Windows can still be worse in terms for example responsiveness and multitasking capabilities than Amiga)

Quote:
And as good as FPGAs and emulation for things such as the Pi are getting, I'm not sure it's necessary..

Have a good one..

desiv
I mean i can deal with fact that FPGA is 10 times more expensive than ASIC - ASIC have sense for commercial large scale production - is Amiga even with improvements can be nowadays mass available product? perhaps yes but... Currently this is pure hobbyist machine and perhaps this is also OK, at least people involved in Amiga doing things not only for money.

Be well and once again excuse my English.
Old 13 July 2013, 18:45   #28
desiv

Quote:
a bunch of technical stuff...>
Yep, totally agree ...

Quote:
Be well and once again excuse my English.
Hey, it's a million times better than my <insert language here>.
What's that saying??
What do you call someone who speaks several languages? Multilingual
What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual
What do you call someone who speaks one language? American

;-)
I know, not true for all Americans, but I fit that stereotype 100%!
Much respect to you and all others who speak more than one language.

desiv
AdSense AdSense