English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 March 2013, 23:06   #1
Cannon Fodder data

While this isn't exactly Amiga related, I hope some folks around here can give me a hand with a matter that will most certainly please many of you.

Me and a few friends were trying to create a multiplatform open source port of the original Cannon Fodder for everyone to enjoy. To make sure it's legal we would like to use the original game data from the PC/DOS version which is still being actively sold via Good Old Games while also supporting the Amiga data. Now the Amiga data is uncompressed which is all fine and dandy, but the PC/DOS data seems to be stored in into some file named cf_eng.dat. Any idea how we can uncompress this in order to get it work with our engine?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 26 March 2013, 23:52   #2
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
I can't help you with the PC version but to be sure that you don't waste some time, are you aware of the homebrew ports to the Wii and the DS?

J'ai d'abord converti ce jeu de la version Atari ST vers le PC en C/SDL pour qu'il soit porté sur symbian. La version Wii est donc une adaptation rapide de cette version C/SDL.
I started to convert the Atari ST version of this game to C/SDL for the PC, in order to port it to symbian. Therefore the Wii version is quickly made adaptation of this C/SDL version

Not sure how helpful it will be to you, but I thought you might be able to gather some useful stuff from those.
Old 27 March 2013, 00:44   #3
Yep. That's the code 'were using. We got permission from the guy. The thing is, that port contains straight ripped sprites by default, which is technically illegal. We're trying to turn that port into a proper legal source port with no original game data by default.
AdSense AdSense