English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 July 2014, 04:52   #21
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

ok i made some tests with 2 screens:
1) playing in fullscreen on 2 monitors give problems because, i have to launch the 1st winuae and untrap the mouse to launch the second and the 1st is minimized... then i try to untrap the 2nd to open the which was minimized, the 2 nd minimize itself and so on !!!!
I can't use full-window because with my tv (2nd monitor) the screen blink.
2) if i try windowed, it works but it always launches the 2 winuae sessions in the same screen even if i select the good screen in the menu (windowed mode) , and if i try to set the controllers during the 2 winuae session are launched, the settings seem to mix together between the 2 winuae sessions.edited : i don't think the 2 settings are mixing, it seems winuae changes itself the controllers configs... And something more confusing, some time even if the 1st controller is set to mouse (default) i can move the selector in lotus 2 menu with the 2 xbox 360 pad.

ps : for the moment it works if you set the 2 configs in windowed mode and set everything else before launching the 2 winuae sessions.
like this, there is no mixing between the configs.

ps: i hope i wasn't too long and understable ???

edited : even in windowed mode : it seems often set the controllers by itself (strange) port 1 : xbox 360 controller 1 and port 2 : xbox 360 controller 2 even if i set differently at launch ???
I did the test in quick start mode amiga 500 most common, best compatibility.

But anyway really thank you Toni, it's great to play 2p on 2 separate screens !!!

Last edited by turrican3; 18 July 2014 at 05:39.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 July 2014, 05:23   #22
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

I tried with start mouse uncaptured, but then one of the 2 winuae sessions doesn't recognise my controllers before i click on his window's top, then everything works.
In fullscreen, even if i set mouse uncaptured, it captures my mouse.
It's really confusing.
I tested: stunt car racer, it works the same way. The good thing is that everything is fast, no slowdown at all even with fat filters !!!

Last edited by turrican3; 18 July 2014 at 05:56.
Old 18 July 2014, 09:18   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You can't have fullscreen mode without capturing mouse, fullscreen is always all or nothing. (Technically you can but for example accidentally clicking outside of fullscreen would immediately minimize it)

Input autoswitching is now disabled when mouse is not captured to prevent switching when more than 1 winuae instance is running.
Old 18 July 2014, 09:53   #24
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

thank you toni
Old 23 July 2014, 23:36   #25
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

Thank you turrican3 for bringing up that great idea, in the first place!!!
And thanks again to Toni (programmer,genius,philanthropist ) for the quick reaction.
Old 24 July 2014, 03:13   #26
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Toni could it be possible to force winuae launched in window mode to be displayed in the screen which was set ?
Old 24 July 2014, 10:22   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
Toni could it be possible to force winuae launched in window mode to be displayed in the screen which was set ?
Currently only way is to use separate winuae.ini files. (Windowed mode position is stored in ini/registry)
Old 01 June 2015, 00:45   #28
Mack

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and my appologies for digging up an old thread.

I have managed to setup Super Skidmarks via the inter-process serial port running 2 instances of Winuae perfectly.

The only problem is I am currently unable to use the joystick on the unfocused window.

I can use each joystick on each window when focsed but not unfocused. Ive noticed using a joystick when the window is active hijacks that joystick. To avoid this ive tried making sure neither are focused by opening firefox. When I do this neither joystick effects either window.

I am using Winuae 3.0.0 (2014.12.17) and Windows 8.1 enterprise.

The joysticks are connected via USB.

Im really looking forward to getting this going! My plan is to go the whole hog 8 player with 8 joysticks!
Old 01 June 2015, 09:42   #29
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Did you try misc panel -> untick "Disable game controllers" when inactive? (If ticked, WinUAE stops listening for game controller events when inactive)
Old 01 June 2015, 11:42   #30
Mack

Thank you for your reply Toni.

I forgot to mention I have unticked Disable game controllers on both instances. I'm also using 2 separate configurations.

On the plus side running both instances simultaneously still produces very smooth gameplay.
Old 01 June 2015, 12:12   #31
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Stupid test: what if you insert joystick 1 to joystick port and joystick 2 to either parallel port joystick in UAE #1. Then joystick 2 to joystick port and joystick 1 to parallel port joystick in UAE #2.

Does it work now?
Old 01 June 2015, 18:42   #32
Mack

Ive tried the above, unfortunately no improvement.

Ive done some futher experimentation, with just a single instance running joystick input is lost when the window is not in focus.
Old 01 June 2015, 20:06   #33
Mack

Further update to the above. With some experimentation I have managed to get a single joystick working in an unfocused window, even controlling both windows at the same time! The problem appears when using mutiple joysticks. Im not sure if its a issue due to using an unpower USB hub with 2 joysticks or purely 2 joysticks. 1 Joystick works with or without the USB hub.

Im using a MacBook Air running windows which unfortunately has only two USB ports and one is being used for the windows boot drive.

Im aiming to connect 8 joysticks, 4 per instance of WinUAE. Is this possible? has it been done?
Old 01 June 2015, 20:30   #34
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I just tested with 2 USB sticks, works fine even when WinUAE has focus. (if "disable game controllers" is unticked)

Attach your winuaebootlog.txt (with at least 2 sticks connected). Only possible reason is input mode falling back to DirectInput. (from RawInput).
Old 01 June 2015, 22:54   #35
Mack

winuaebootlog.txt as requested

Just in case it has any relevance I am using an old 15 pin joystick via an adapter hence it shows as USB adapter.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (12.3 KB, 61 views)
Old 01 June 2015, 23:18   #36
Mack

Further testing:

It appears the USB adapter is the cause. Ive reloaded WinUAE several times checking the bootlog each time. Using just the CH Joystick it appears under raw input. When the old 15pin joystick is connected via the USB adapter it appears under direct input. If they are both connected they both appear under direct input.
Old 02 June 2015, 16:20   #37
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Further testing:

It appears the USB adapter is the cause. Ive reloaded WinUAE several times checking the bootlog each time. Using just the CH Joystick it appears under raw input. When the old 15pin joystick is connected via the USB adapter it appears under direct input. If they are both connected they both appear under direct input.
Analog joystick to USB adapters force DirectInput mode because they need calibration. (Rawinput would get uncalibrated raw values that are useless)

Any USB pad/joystick or Amiga compatible joystick to USB adapter work with rawinput.
Old 02 June 2015, 19:08   #38
Mack

Thank you for the info Toni and for your work on this awesome emulator!

I think I might buy a couple of eBay joypads and see if any of them work with Rawinput.
Old 04 August 2015, 14:18   #39
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

By the way toni, i forgot if it was possible with 2 pc ???
Is it possible to link 2 pc for playing lotus 2 multiplayers ?
Old 05 August 2015, 09:57   #40
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
By the way toni, i forgot if it was possible with 2 pc ???
Is it possible to link 2 pc for playing lotus 2 multiplayers ?
Yes but game has very low latency requirements (any serial link action game has same problem), when I tested it years ago, it only worked in 2 player mode.
AdSense AdSense