English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 October 2002, 12:41   #1
plainlazy

Wink orginal graphics

hi everyone, i was just wondering how do i get the orginal 32 colour graphics to display on winUAE because i want to copy an paste some images with the orginal colour depth. If you cant do this could any please suggest a program which does

Thank you

AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 October 2002, 14:00   #2
oldpx

I run winuae under true color.Just the the exact amount of colors are displayed, nothing more, 32bit color depth doesn't mean that the colors are not original. Then I <printscreen> and <ctrl+v> it to photoshop and save for web, as a gif image. Even if you try to save the image with 256 colors, it'll be reduced to 32 (the amount of colors that are available in the actual screen)

Old 06 October 2002, 14:05   #3
oldpx

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...f&pagenumber=3

(Posted by žane)

Quote:
The correct way to create screenshots with WinUAE
set your windows desktop resolution to 32bit color.. no we're not going to take 32bit color images.. but WinUAE doesn't display all the amiga's available color shades in other modes..

Amiga screen resolution: 640x512 windowed

Line mode: Doubled

Centering: Horizontal & Vertical enabled

ensure that Lo-Res is unticked!

when it comes time to take a screenshot hold down ALT while pressing the print screen key, this captures the current window and it's border into the clipboard.. now paste it into your favourite paint application, Photoshop!

you will want to cut the window border off before you resize the image.. cut it down to 640x512 pixels starting at the top left border.. you should make a script or 'action' for doing this..

when resizing always use Nearest Neighbor resize and never Bilinear or Bicubic!, ensure that the current size is 640x512 and halve it to 320x256.. why not just set the amiga's screen resolution to 320x256 in the first place, you say? well WinUAE still fails to properly display all gfx sprites at this resolution!

after resizing, convert the image to Indexed Color, photoshop will have counted the number of individual colors and hopefully come up with an exact color palette being less than 256 colors..

do not save as PNG, it is only supported by a few browsers and even IE5.5 doesn't display the format correctly! the colors are always too dark or ****ed up!

GIF is supported by ALL browsers and has no lossy compression what so ever.. it is a format optimized for 256colors or less..

I can make a quick hack at the WinUAE source and add support for taking screenshots.. if anyone is interested?

Old 06 October 2002, 16:54   #4
Nyarlathotep
Zone Friend

I would use 720*576, so you're sure overscan games are not cutted in the borders.
AdSense AdSense