English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 14 December 2012, 20:16   #21
clitosa
CLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Even better idea: Stop whining, learn to read posts and then solve your problems
And another good idea: Have patience with newbees and maybe it'll keep people interested in contributing to eab.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 December 2012, 20:46   #22
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by clitosa View Post
And another good idea: Have patience with newbees and maybe it'll keep people interested in contributing to eab.
Newbies are OK, people who do not work at all to do what they want and just want people to give them solutions spoon fed right into their mouths aren't. As said before, you have been helped plenty and you should be reading the Amiga Workbench manual. Everything I posted to you before, specially a link to an Amiga Workbench MAnual which you could have googled yourself, has been helpful, it is just your choice to ignore it.

What exactly are you contributing, then? Because I don't see it.
Old 14 December 2012, 21:06   #23
clitosa
CLI

A pleasure as always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Newbies are OK, people who do not work at all to do what they want and just want people to give them solutions spoon fed right into their mouths aren't. As said before, you have been helped plenty and you should be reading the Amiga Workbench manual. Everything I posted to you before, specially a link to an Amiga Workbench MAnual which you could have googled yourself, has been helpful, it is just your choice to ignore it.

What exactly are you contributing, then? Because I don't see it.
First off, answers to the thread can be missed, we do not ignore them.

Secondly, I am the one asking the question, not contributing to its answer.

And lastly one thing I'm not contributing to is any further communications with yourself.

Besides your are not wasting your time anymore, remember?

Last edited by clitosa; 16 December 2012 at 04:06.
Old 14 December 2012, 21:17   #24
DH
Global Moderator

Come on guys, let's get back on topic with this.

Before another thread hits the fan
Old 14 December 2012, 21:27   #25
TCD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Did you try to type just "list"?
Quote:
Maybe you get what I mean now...

Seriously: If you have to start 3 threads at once then at least keep them seperated. You're simply spamming the board and ignoring serious answers makes you look like a troll. Just my 2 cent.

Edit: Just seen that all his Amiga related threads are in 'Retrogaming General Discussion'. Somebody please move them to the appropiate sub-forums, thanks.
Old 14 December 2012, 21:28   #26
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
Come on guys, let's get back on topic with this.
Before another thread hits the fan
Well I just remembered being part of a few of this guy's previous threads. It's a lost cause. I'm not "derailing" this any further, solutions have been provided for this character many times, spoon fed many times, yet it is still here asking more. The mind of the spoonfed person never ceases to amaze me
Old 14 December 2012, 23:03   #27
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Edit: Just seen that all his Amiga related threads are in 'Retrogaming General Discussion'. Somebody please move them to the appropiate sub-forums, thanks.
Done!

The destination forum was not a difficult choice for those threads heading in the same general direction as this one.
Old 14 December 2012, 23:13   #28
TCD
Global Moderator

Thanks prowler
Old 15 December 2012, 04:45   #29
Hewitson

Old 15 December 2012, 17:12   #30
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Well I just remembered being part of a few of this guy's previous threads. It's a lost cause. I'm not "derailing" this any further, solutions have been provided for this character many times, spoon fed many times, yet it is still here asking more. The mind of the spoonfed person never ceases to amaze me
lol, I know that just trying to smooth things over a tad. It also ceases to amaze me that someone can't, and I mean can't, use their own initiative and common sense to find more than half the solutions that already lie within threads on this board.

Helping is one thing, being spoonfed everything is another situation altogether.

@clitosa
Please feel free to dig around EAB for solutions to your problems before starting another thread. There's shitloads of information within this board, along with links too, so if you help yourself first, I'm sure people will freely advise you knowing that you've already made that attempt first.

And erm, please respond to this post, that way I'll know you've read it and not just ignored it.
Old 16 December 2012, 02:25   #31
clitosa
CLI

Post ...is busy reading the manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
l please respond to this post, that way I'll know you've read it and not just ignored it.
@Demon
As mentioned, posts have been missed not ignored.

People complaining we're wasting their time? would do better to stop wasting their time with condescending responses. And for those who continue to advertise their lack of courtesy, it will be a real pleasure to ignore them.

EAB has been used to find answers faster than reading the manual. However it's clear now that without learning the basics, we will have no knowledge to build on. The linked manual in post 11 will therefore be read.
Old 16 December 2012, 02:44   #32
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Quote:
@Demon
People complaining we're wasting their time? would do better to stop wasting their time with condescending responses. And for those who continue to advertise their lack of courtesy, it will be a real pleasure to ignore them.

EAB has been used to find answers faster than reading the manual. However it's clear now that without learning the basics, we will have no knowledge to build on. The linked manual in post 11 will therefore be read.
I agree with you. You are not offending anyone and if someone finds your questions repetitive or something, nobody is telling them to answer you.

You'll have my answers as long as I can help you. As I told you, now I would try WinUAE to make it all, but you have a good post of Thomas to make that install in the miggy in another thread you opened.

I've seen another mate with the same kind of complains you're getting, and I don't see him posting since then... So be strong and keep on searching your answers, and ask as much as you like.
Old 16 December 2012, 03:50   #33
clitosa
CLI

Thumbs up Thanks 2 you ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I agree with you. You are not offending anyone and if someone finds your questions repetitive or something, nobody is telling them to answer you.

I've seen another mate with the same kind of complains you're getting, and I don't see him posting since then... So be strong and keep on searching your answers, and ask as much as you like.
Thanks Retrofan. It's clear you understand.

Wish i could say the same for others here...

Yeah, you & Thomas have been a great help on that subject and many others too.

Always appreciated

Last edited by clitosa; 16 December 2012 at 22:58.
Old 16 December 2012, 10:22   #34
TCD
Global Moderator

Have you finally used 'list' and can confirm that it solves your problem that the thread was about? Would be nice if we could get back on topic.
AdSense AdSense