|02 December 2012, 18:33||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2001
WinUAE 2.5.0 released
WinUAE 2.5.0 released (02.12.2012)
New features and updates:
- GUI is finally fully resizeable! GUI font is configurable.
- GUI position, size and fonts saved separately for windowed, fullwindow and fullscreen modes.
- GUI CD audio volume control added.
- Syncronize clock option does full time sync when emulation is unpaused or exited from GUI.
- Memory configuration can be fully modified (on the fly, loading state file or using Restart button)
without need to rerun the emulator.
- RTG screenshot and video recording directly from emulated VRAM if capture before filtering ticked.
- RTG monitor (if multiple monitors) selection added to GUI.
- RTG hardware sprite and hardware vblank emulation are now optional.
- Chipset "Wait for Blitter" too fast CPU workaround added, enabled by default, fixes most graphics glitches if program does not wait for the blitter, more compatible than immediate blitter.
- Optional fake 1G directory harddrive size limit for old programs that think drive is full or has negative space if drive is bigger than 2G. Can be changed on the fly.
- Added disable notification icon option.
- Added blank unused displays(s) (opens full screen topmost black window(s)) option.
- CD32 CD controller emulation improved (Missing Guardian and Universe CD32 CD audio)
- AutoVSync 100Hz/120Hz capable monitor support added.
- Low latency vsync and legacy vsync stability improved.
- Full PC hardware interlaced mode support.
- 68060 missing integer instructions are not anymore emulated if more compatible CPU checkbox is checked.
- Chipset emulation improvements. (EyeQlazer/Scoopex, Blerkenwiegel/Scoopex, No Way Demo/Academy, Brian the Lion AGA, SuperPlus monitor mode)
- Sometimes appearing Windows "no disk in drive" dialogs that point to missing harddrive path are gone.
- Audio emulation quality improved.
- Parallel port sampler emulation audio quality improved.
- GamePorts panel remap option allows separate axis configuration and multiple events.
- Game Ports panel Test mode can be used to test any kind of input event, not just joystick events.
- Lots of Input panel improvements. (qualifiers, custom events etc)
- Easy to use debug logging option added to Paths panel.
- Optional MIDI In to Out routing added.
- 64-bit build supports 2.5G address space, allowing up to 2G of Z3 expansion memory.
2.4.x bugs fixed:
- Add Harddrive dialog didn't list all harddrives on some Windows XP systems.
- New CDFS didn't work with DVDs (2G size limit) and Joliet CDs.
- Extended ADF write support was accidentally disabled.
- "ALT-TAB or middle mouse button untraps mouse - F12 opens settings" window title was missing.
- Directory filesystem 64-bit seek packet implementation was broken.
- USB HID game controller [-] and [+] input axis movement was broken.
- SPTI + built-in CDFS crash.
- uaescsi.device error codes fixed (MakeCD)
Older bugs fixed:
- RTG palette (if 8-bit mode) wasn't saved to statefile.
- Disable screen saver option haven't worked properly since 2.0.
- Warp mode didn't work in all vsync modes.
- CD image mounter MDS image CD audio tracks didn't play if subchannel data was not included, MDS image data tracks with subchannel data didn't work at all.
- CD/CD image on the fly switching was unreliable. (Again)
- Random unexplained graphics glitches when cycle-exact CPU enabled and bsdsocket emulation was in use.
- Some chipset mode on the fly configuration changes caused blank screen when returning back to RTG mode.
- Volume control in WASAPI exclusive mode didn't work.
- Windows XP blank screen after ALT-TAB back to Direct3D fullscreen mode.
- Direct3D pixel alignment errors in some modes. (Again)
- Many Input configuration fixes.
- Windows Mouse mouse mode sometimes stopped at invisible barriers.
- CD32 CD audio was delayed.
Bug reports will be ignored in this thread.
|02 December 2012, 20:07||#2|
Meet the Veggies!
Join Date: Jul 2001
Brilliant! I can't wait to try this out when I get my new machine next week.
Thank you very much!
P.s, is it Windows 8 compatible??
|03 December 2012, 04:43||#5|
Join Date: Jul 2012
WinUAE 2.5.0 released - The best Amiga emulator!
Great work as always
|03 December 2012, 10:36||#7|
Super dooper Amiga fan
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles / USA
Awesome Toni, I might just check this out. As always, I (we) appreciate your hard work.
|03 December 2012, 16:42||#10|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Many many thanks for providing us with this fantastic emulator Tony! Great work! Legend!
|03 December 2012, 21:45||#14|
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: England, York
At a time when many Emu authors have either moved on or lost interest, Toni's dedication and continuing quest for emulation perfection is frankly astonishing and GREATLY appreciated.
Even if he quit tomorrow, his status as emulation legend is confirmed.
PS. Toni, please don't quit tomorrow.
Last edited by Marlon; 04 December 2012 at 20:08.
|03 December 2012, 23:15||#16|
Italian Amiga Zealot
Join Date: Jan 2009
No other emulator in the world gets so much dedication from an extraordinarie coder like you, Toni!
You truly made the Amiga immortal, even when all the old hardware won't work anymore, there'll always be WinUAE!
|04 December 2012, 02:16||#18|
Join Date: Nov 2009
Hi, will there be an updated translation DLL?
The website currently reports:
"The requested URL /winuae/files/translations/WinUAE2500_translation.zip was not found on this server."
|05 December 2012, 03:39||#20|
Join Date: Nov 2009
It looks like Cloanto were pleased with this update, as the Amiga Forever 2012 updater now prompts to install WinUAE 2.5.0, making this update officially part of Amiga Forever.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WinUAE 1.4.3 Released!||Avanze||News||14||10 August 2007 08:42|
|WinUAE 1.3.4 released||Paul||News||11||02 January 2007 04:09|
|WinUAE 1.3.2 Released||Avanze||News||10||05 September 2006 21:08|
|New WinUAE Help released||Paul||News||3||02 January 2005 21:56|