English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 October 2002, 13:04   #21
I disagree that it is possible to score 100% of the time from corner kicks. It is possible to get 100% resulting in efforts on target, but then it's over to the opposing keeper, who sometimes keeps even a good effort out. The beauty of Sensi is that variation is possible in everything - even two similar corners can be subtly different in delivery, and the receiving player has some freedom to head in different ways. The fact that keepers act like real keepers means that there isn't any 100% guaranteed way to score at any time. Like in real footy.

I have a number of corner routines, and vary them depending on the receiving players and the opposition's defensive formation. I often take short corners, and pass into the box to an unmarked striker. Bang! My most spectacular routine involves a short corner to the nearest player on a diagonal, who then shoots into the far corner of the net from practically on the touchline. Wham! Don't tend to use that when I need to equalise in stoppage time...

Anyone ever tried that one?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 October 2002, 22:13   #22

Oh, we are talking about heading after a good cross in a corner kick Yeah, that I could do most of the time in SWOS too Its IMPOSSIBLE to do that in the PC version, because the player dont shoot the ball hard enough. And I agree with blackcornflake, even athoulgh you can get 100% on target efforts, sometimes the keeper would defend the ball.

One thing I remember doing in Sensi Internatinal, and I am not sure if it was possible to do in SWOS was to make a short straight pass , say, if the corner was taking in the right side, I would make a short pass to the left, then the guy would receive the ball nearly getting out of bounds. I would SHOOT to left, and add some aftertouch to the direction of the goal. The ball would end up in the back of the net at the opposite direction most of the time. Then it was an amazing replay to watch
AdSense AdSense