English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 August 2016, 20:43   #101
pawelek

At what point autodetection checks?
How to check which mode is selected?

My configuration Blizzard scsi kit 1230scsi.device (support TD64, DirectSCSI and NSD, but only after SetPatch-OS3.9)
HDD SCSI 70GB - all partitions PFSaio, the first bootable 1GB.

In what mode will work PFSaio? NSD or TD64?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 August 2016, 08:57   #102
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelek View Post
At what point autodetection checks?
How to check which mode is selected?

My configuration Blizzard scsi kit 1230scsi.device (support TD64, DirectSCSI and NSD, but only after SetPatch-OS3.9)
HDD SCSI 70GB - all partitions PFSaio, the first bootable 1GB.

In what mode will work PFSaio? NSD or TD64?
Which ROM version? At least latest (8.5) should support TD64 without extra patches and if PFS3AIO really selects not-DS mode and partition is "large", it means NSD or TD64 is supported, at least it appears to be supported (driver responds without errors to read command and it also returns some data. Note that it is impossible to know if returned data is expected data..)

Normal detection order is: standard TD (only if partition is inside first 4G of drive), NSD, TD64, DirectSCSI. Set dostype to PDS\3 (Official PFS3 DS version dostype) to force DirectSCSI test first. Detection is done just before each partition gets mounted. Partition is not mounted if all tests fail. Test is basically attempt to read last block of the partition. (This is also quickly explained in pfs3aio.readme)
Old 21 December 2016, 20:31   #103
Romanujan

OK, I have some time for Amiga again.

Using Linux I have compiled AROS for the m68k-amiga target. Binaries are ELFs, but at least the SYS:C/Echo can be converted using elf2hunk, resulting in a working native m68k AmigaOS executable

Problem - I don't know how to trigger PFS compilation. The configure script doesn't seem to have any option for this, I also couldn't find any target in the generated makefile. I think I have to modify the AROS-source/rom/mmakefile.src to include also the PFS, but I can't figure out how...

[edit] I'm stupid.
Code:
make kernel-fs-pfs3-aio
There were some compilation errors with GCC 6.1, but they were trivial to fix. Worse, I have some linking problems:

Code:
There are undefined symbols in '/root/AROS/compile/bin/amiga-m68k/AROS/L/pfs3_aio-handler':
         U memcmp
         U memcpy       directory.c:0
         U memmove      directory.c:0
         U memset       directory.c:0
         U strcasecmp   directory.c:0
         U strcat
         U strchr       dostohandlerinterface.c:0
         U strcmp
         U strcpy       directory.c:0
         U strlen       directory.c:0
         U strncpy      directory.c:0
         U strrchr      directory.c:0
[edit] Fixed by adding stdc.static lib to the binary. Test compilation (GCC 6.1) in the attachment, together with the files I have modified. Seems to work. No MultiUser included yet - not today. Don't ask me which CPU it is compiled for (I will have to find out how to control it) - previously I have compiled AROS some 15 years ago
Attached Files
File Type: 7z testcompilation.tar.7z (67.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Romanujan; 22 December 2016 at 00:42.
Old 21 December 2016, 21:58   #104
thomas

-lc ?
Old 07 February 2017, 11:15   #105
ancalimon
Supernormal

So when do you think a new version will come? New is always better I guess :P Also will Toni's work be merged with the official sourceforge project?
Old 07 February 2017, 11:46   #106
wawa

you can convert every aros68k elf binary to hunk. there is some make option for batch converting the whole build, something like "make distfiles" or similar. i dont remember well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
There were some compilation errors with GCC 6.1, but they were trivial to fix.
might be a good idea to commit these back to aros repository, maybe after a review (toni?). other than that 6.x.x is usually set to pedantic and complains of each and every little bit, which can be at least temporarily overcome wita a set of $(NOWARN_"something") options in a mmakefile.src. btw you probably know that you can compile with an earlier gcc like 4.6.4, which is still standard. meanwhile gcc6 patch has been updated to 6.3.0, havent tried it though.

Quote:
Worse, I have some linking problems:
wonder why would that occure within source tree.

Quote:
Don't ask me which CPU it is compiled for (I will have to find out how to control it) - previously I have compiled AROS some 15 years ago
plain 68000 i guess, this seems to be default. i have been told how to up that once upon a time, i think you need to edit some config file manually after configure, but id have to look for the answer again. aros didnt completely build with 68020 setting due to some asm peculiarities.
Old 07 February 2017, 18:02   #107
Romanujan

The masochistic part of my nature likes pedantic compilers - so I will stick with GCC 6.x for now. But thanks for the information about GCC 6.3.

@ancalimon, @wawa - It would be best to move our discussion here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=66561&page=6 and don't pollute the 'news' thread with my work-in-progress compilations - you will find today's build there, done with GCC 6.3.
AdSense AdSense