English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 15 October 2012, 02:42   #1
CyberTails
Registered User
CyberTails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 14
Hello Folks

Hello There

The reason I've came into the Amiga Scene (Emulation Anyway) was because I was watching LGR (Lazy Game Reviews) YouTube videos about the Amiga 500 and Fire and Ice and I decided to get into the Amiga Emulation Scene by buying Amiga Forever and I'm liking it so far, the only gripe I have is that I wish I can find an Amiga Disk Dealer around my city (Philadelphia, PA), I'd REALLY like to have a copy of Giana Sisters for both the C64 and Amiga, that and Lemmings

I hope to help somewhat here and be courteous
CyberTails is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 October 2012, 00:29   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
Hello There

The reason I've came into the Amiga Scene (Emulation Anyway) was because I was watching LGR (Lazy Game Reviews) YouTube videos about the Amiga 500 and Fire and Ice and I decided to get into the Amiga Emulation Scene by buying Amiga Forever and I'm liking it so far...
Hello CyberTails, and welcome to EAB.

Was that the first time you had seen an Amiga in action? People do tend to get drawn in after an experience like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
...the only gripe I have is that I wish I can find an Amiga Disk Dealer around my city (Philadelphia, PA), I'd REALLY like to have a copy of Giana Sisters for both the C64 and Amiga, that and Lemmings
Have a browse around eBay. You might be surprised at what turns up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
I hope to help somewhat here and be courteous
You're on your way to achieving that now.
prowler is online now  
Old 16 October 2012, 00:37   #3
DonAmiga
Registered User

DonAmiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 518
Hello and Welcome
DonAmiga is offline  
Old 16 October 2012, 05:29   #4
CyberTails
Registered User
CyberTails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 14
prowler and DonAmiga: Thanks for the welcomes, I forgot to mention for now, I'm sticking with Emulation as I don't have the room for an Amiga xD
CyberTails is offline  
Old 16 October 2012, 21:33   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
I forgot to mention for now, I'm sticking with Emulation as I don't have the room for an Amiga xD
I guess eBay won't help you with the games, then.
prowler is online now  
Old 16 October 2012, 21:55   #6
DH
Global Moderator

DH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Age: 50
Posts: 3,824
Welcome aboard CyberTails, I'm sure you'll enjoy every second of Amiga emulation, but the main thing is, enjoy your stay
DH is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 00:10   #7
Kitty
Sys dec($cdab)

Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London UK
Age: 35
Posts: 1,503
Hi CyberTails, welcome to EAB
Kitty is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 13:56   #8
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Founders System
Age: 41
Posts: 3,089
Send a message via MSN to Djay
Hi and welcome

Nice to get some brand new Amiga users on board!!!

If you haven't found it already check out HoL (top right), at HoL there is a top 99 games of the month which is a great way to find some new classics!! It can also lead you to magazine reviews from back in the day!!
Djay is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 14:37   #9
CyberTails
Registered User
CyberTails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 14
prowler: I will try to get some games in the future, but a few things are stopping me at the moment: 1. I need a external floppy drive (I'm running all of my stuff off of a laptop) and 2. I need to keep putting deposits down on a new pair of glasses
CyberTails is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 14:56   #10
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

T_hairy_bootson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 2,027
You wont be able to run amiga games off the floppy drive connected to your laptop.

Amiga diskettes are formatted a certain way and do not work on a PC even via emulation.

And welcome to EAB by the way.
T_hairy_bootson is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 17:45   #11
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTails View Post
I need to keep putting deposits down on a new pair of glasses
With big eyes like yours, I imagine that's not cheap!
prowler is online now  
Old 17 October 2012, 18:32   #12
CyberTails
Registered User
CyberTails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
You wont be able to run amiga games off the floppy drive connected to your laptop.

Amiga diskettes are formatted a certain way and do not work on a PC even via emulation.

And welcome to EAB by the way.
Darnit, Nevermind then, unless there's a External Amiga Floppy Drive?

And thanks for the Welcome
CyberTails is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 18:54   #13
TCD
Global Moderator

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
There are devices to create images of Amiga disks on the PC, but you won't be able to use disks directly in an emulator. It doesn't really makes sense to buy floppy games if you only use emulation, but that's just my 2 cent of course
TCD is offline  
Old 17 October 2012, 18:57   #14
CyberTails
Registered User
CyberTails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
There are devices to create images of Amiga disks on the PC, but you won't be able to use disks directly in an emulator. It doesn't really makes sense to buy floppy games if you only use emulation, but that's just my 2 cent of course
That's True, also I forgot to mention that I also run Amiga Emulation on my Wii and I must say, it runs well too
CyberTails is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi folks gibb3h Member Introductions 8 22 August 2010 11:27
Other Amiga Folks in the Washington, DC Area? ajacocks Amiga scene 1 07 May 2010 10:01
Hi folks Miggydatalogz Member Introductions 6 03 January 2010 15:44
Are folks still able to mod their CF memory drives? NastyFreddy Hardware mods 8 24 January 2009 23:44
PD Tosec online! (come and download folks!) Ironclaw News 27 03 October 2007 21:34

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.16992 seconds with 11 queries