English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 January 2015, 18:37   #161
spatuluk

I've got the stock reminder set on retroami!

*stares at inbox*

AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 February 2015, 22:48   #162
ramparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
The answer to a friend of mine who tried to buy ONE from him to repair a card was that they (Individual Computers) weren't a company that sells spares

Not very nice answer i suppose. He could get a lot of people to buy it from him these connectors but i guess he's just not interested.
That can affect retro collectors that want to repair their own cards and have poor "buying "power.

Because an injected plastic machine can make hundreds in a minute.

They just don┤t realise this is a hobby not a money making business
Old 04 February 2015, 12:55   #163
majsta
www.majsta.com

As I know that Boboo_SK released his memory upgrade board schematics and everything. So anyone without enough money could do his own board. So for few people this is not a business only hobby.
Old 04 February 2015, 19:07   #164
ramparts

I am from the opinion that all kind of hardware should be payed ,i design my own pcb and we can spent hours designing and rearrangeing the tracks,and it┤s not free .
we have to design ,test and buy all the components for the prototypes ,and deal with every type of issues ,even to burn our own machines if something go wrong.
BUT there is a thin line between do a product that can be sold for the fewer retrofans all there,and make it a product for 10 or 20 persons.
But that is my opinion and is only expeculation,off course.

Regards
Old 04 February 2015, 19:22   #165
ramparts

Regarding to the Boboo_SK project it┤s a bless that we have users that take some of their time to design and post their product .
The same goes to th majasta,i have been following the Vampire from the begining and i know that took some time to come true
But how i said ,we should be happy ,because in the Future the few machines that exist will be only in the books of history,and we are entering the emulation Age,maybe we could have an amiga type of machine made of Fpga with the same caracteristics

That would be nice

Regards
Old 01 August 2015, 10:17   #166
Boboo_SK
Develop HW

I created a new firmware for FuriaEC020 R2,
- Optimization of DRAM timing, greater stability (for Lotharek edition)
- WHDLoad emulate fix
- Support for WB 3.9
Old 01 August 2015, 11:03   #167
hese

Download link?
Old 01 August 2015, 12:50   #168
Boboo_SK
Develop HW

Card should be sent to the seller for upgrade.
Old 01 August 2015, 12:55   #169
hese

Doh...

Next Furia accelerator with software updating, ok?
Old 01 August 2015, 13:06   #170
Boboo_SK
Develop HW

Reprograming logic CPLD, Firmware update.
Old 01 August 2015, 23:32   #171
AMike

The shippingfees from Austria to Poland (retroami) and back are a little bit expensive only for reprogramming the Furia. I've a programmer for my GBA 060 Turbocard - can you send me the files, please? Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Compressed_0076.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	44936  
Old 30 April 2016, 23:38   #172
jarp

Does anybody know which furiatune commands needs reboot before they take effect? According to my tests following should be true:

* addmem takes effect instantly (and does not survive reboot)
* ide on/off requires reboot

Not sure about maprom but I assume it requires reboot as well? It seems that reboot is required anyways to get most out of the Furia (and thus my physical 3.x roms are a bit obsolete as one could load that with maprom anyways) so any tips how to integrate commands to startup-sequence? May be obvious for Amiga gurus, but I am actually newbie, I had an Atari back then

I got this far (and it actually works):

C:furiatune >RAM:furiatune.log status
search >NIL: RAM:furiatune.log "IDESpeedup is on"
If WARN
C:furiatune >NIL: ide on maprom Devs:Kickstarts/kick45061.A600 reboot
EndIf
C:furiatune >NIL: addmem

But any way to optimize this, for me this seems a bit of an hack?

Thanks!
Old 25 August 2016, 20:57   #173
i2lgames

Hello i have bought the furia ec020 with fpu, set it up and works ok. The thing is i have tried it with the following compact flash cards and the amiga cannot boot from them. Kingston 4gb can not even recocnize it. Verbatim 2gb hangs the amiga from the start. Sandisk 8gb ultra recocnizes it sees all the partitions fron the boot menu but keeps on booting and the floppy drive clicks normaly. I used to be able to boot from all these cards in my amiga 600 and in winaue. The only working card is my old sandisk 512kb it boots ok but the space is too limited. Can you advise me to do something?
Old 25 August 2016, 22:06   #174
demolition
Unregistered User

I don't think the accelerator should impact the compatibility with CF cards, however the increased speed might cause it to not boot since it is running too fast for the IDE to be ready. In that case, pressing C-A-A after you see the KS screen might make it boot. This is why they added an extra delay in KS 3.1, so you might have better luck if you change to KS 3.1 if you haven't already.
Old 09 September 2016, 04:07   #175
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2lgames View Post
Hello i have bought the furia ec020 with fpu, set it up and works ok. The thing is i have tried it with the following compact flash cards and the amiga cannot boot from them. Kingston 4gb can not even recocnize it. Verbatim 2gb hangs the amiga from the start. Sandisk 8gb ultra recocnizes it sees all the partitions fron the boot menu but keeps on booting and the floppy drive clicks normaly. I used to be able to boot from all these cards in my amiga 600 and in winaue. The only working card is my old sandisk 512kb it boots ok but the space is too limited. Can you advise me to do something?
From what I've read this is a common issue with compact flash cards, even without any expansions. My understanding is that it's best to move to a different storage medium, personally I'm waiting for the parts to arrive so I can try this solution: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83491
Old 09 September 2016, 06:42   #176
supaduper

For those guys having problems with their Furia and CF cards, the Furia makers recommend the Sandisk Ultra range of Compact flash ,I use an Ultra 16 GB on mine works Perfick !
Old 17 September 2016, 03:34   #177
idrougge

What do the SW1 and SW2 jumpers do?
Old 17 September 2016, 05:27   #178
PortuguesePilot
The Son of Luso

How much more expensive would it be if it was equipped with the 68040 or 68060 instead of the 68EC020?
Old 17 September 2016, 13:00   #179
idrougge

That's not possible.
Old 17 September 2016, 14:25   #180
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2lgames View Post
I have had problems with these brands of cards before on both several A600's and A1200's - they seem a little hit and miss, however SanDisk seem to be the Daddy in this area - with the exception of one older 64MB SanDisk CF Card - every SanDisk branded card I have tried works - and that includes A600/A1200 and the ZX Spectrum 128k +2

However in saying that I have had some booting issues, and to solve this I had to replace the capacitors - on two A600's and 3 A1200's - the Former most recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I don't think the accelerator should impact the compatibility with CF cards, however the increased speed might cause it to not boot since it is running too fast for the IDE to be ready. In that case, pressing C-A-A after you see the KS screen might make it boot. This is why they added an extra delay in KS 3.1, so you might have better luck if you change to KS 3.1 if you haven't already.
Timing is everything:
I think this is quite close to the nail for the hammer - I suspet that not all CF cards present themselves properly on the IDE Bus under PIO mode as they expect a UDMA protocol - of those that do, I suspect either a tight - strict adherence of IDE interface protocol - which may not be *wholly* present in the scsi.device or a loosely based PIO Mode IDE protocol that breaks compatibility - sadly I don't have any direct evidence only a lot of statistical tests that could possibly suggest this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
How much more expensive would it be if it was equipped with the 68040 or 68060 instead of the 68EC020?
Whats the Expense:
Hmmm you would need an interface from the 68EC020 to the new 68040/60 - essentially another board - where in fact it would be cheaper to redesign one from scratch. Sadly obtaining enough 040 and or 060 CPU's that are known working and financially viable - as well to hold a warranty - is the limiting factor here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
That's not possible.
Well it is, just massively impractical - one could argue (and rightly so) that its not mass market possible - so hence the success of the Vampire / Apollo '080 Core projects.

Last edited by Zetr0; 17 September 2016 at 14:30.
AdSense AdSense