English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 August 2016, 12:45   #361
Retro Nuts

Originally Posted by JimNeray View Post
I've added this to the todo list gazj82

@spannernick : Cool videos but you seem to have a sound issue. We hear the music two times with a small latency.
Yes sorry about that had the amiga coming out of 2 sources,speaker and mic,sort it out now.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 August 2016, 03:30   #362
Jim, would you be so kind as to share the xbench sources on GitHub?
Old 19 September 2016, 01:13   #363
Waiting for the summer release promised in the email. ...and the possibility to add more time or unlimited time for the whdload option screen.
Old 18 October 2016, 14:54   #364

Wanting to prepare a nice CD32/SX32 setup with X-Bench as front end when booting.

When first setting it up win WinUAE (vanilla OS3.1, except for newer setpatch, on CD32 with 2 MB chip en 8 MB fast) I run into the exact same problem as crabfist with X-bEnCh 0.99 R7 Public Beta Release.

Originally Posted by crabfists View Post

I ran into an issue though that I haven't figured out a solution to. If I install to a brand new Workbench partition and run XBench for the first time I see the registration screen and the white Loading screen but then it dumps me back to Workbench with no errors.

Is there anything obvious I am doing wrong? Are there any dependencies on other programs or libs? Maybe I need to have Whdload installed?
Is there a tooltype to turn on debugging? Pressing d (do I keep it pressed down, or 1 single d key pres/toggle) doesn't result in a log file?

I do hope this project is still ongoing as it seems that JimNeray hasn't showed up here recently
Old 18 October 2016, 23:18   #365

Never mind, RTFM spudje... I didn't have WHDLoad installed yet. After installing it, it works. Awesome launcher tool!!!
Old 20 October 2016, 17:47   #366

WHDLoad slaves work fine!

OK, so now, next challenge. If I choose a manual list, how should that list exactly look? And can I trigger a shell script from it, if so how?

First try is getting Tanks Furry in a launcher list and to load from XBench.

I tried the following:

Created a directory structure:
In that dir is a shell script named TanksFurry.exe and a TanksFurry.icon (without any tool types).

When choosing exe (or manual same crashing behaviour) as list type it gets detected correctly and the list file is created accordingly.
However when I choose launchers in Xbench the (emulated) Amiga shows the loading disk image and then crashes and reboots (without a guru).

debug log file stays empty

Any help is very welcome.

Last edited by spudje; 20 October 2016 at 18:56.
AdSense AdSense