English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 13 October 2012, 22:54   #21
BarryB
Amigaholic

Well, you all avoided me as no one spoke to me

Anyway, I'm now sat at home Why?

Well, the AV company that was 'supposed' to set up screens/projectors/speakers for all the talks that were planned only setup one screen, in the Cos.play area, which was only 12 feet instead of 12 meters and then pissed off so didn't setup the rest of the talk areas so this meant all the talks were cancelled Spoke to one of staff on the info desk and that's what I was told, and getting someone at such short notice to do Sunday wasn't likely.

So, having sat in the EGL stage area 'thinking' this was where the talks were being held we now know why nothing was happening there. So my mate and me finished of our tour of the event and came home, losing money on the hotel we booked! There was no point stopping as we'd seen everything and wanted to spend Sunday listening to the talks, which were now not likely to happen. The fact the doors opened about 11:40am instead of 11:00am had my spider senses tingling, something had gone off, and those spider senses aren't usually wrong and they wasn't!!

Apart from that, the event itself was great! Plenty of arcade machines and pinball tables to play on, and I didn't break one this time!! Lot's of consoles, handhelds, PC's, Amigas, ST's, PSX, PS2 etc... Plenty of 'Cosplayers' dressed up in funky gear, and quite a few lady cosplayers with ample bosoms straining their costumes I liked those, glad I tooks a camera Had a nice chat with Mr Amigakit, now I know why the EZ Z4's aren't shipping Bought a lovely Cream Tea for me and my mate in British Home Stores, so nice in fact we had another before we left

So now I'm at home, watching the Darts, and filing Play Expo 2012 under 'Shit Happens'. Hope you all enjoyed your time at the event, for me it was a bit of a disappointment but not a disaster, hopefully the next event won't suffer the same problem!!

Goodnight children!!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 October 2012, 01:32   #22
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Well, you all avoided me as no one spoke to me

Anyway, I'm now sat at home Why?

Well, the AV company that was 'supposed' to set up screens/projectors/speakers for all the talks that were planned only setup one screen, in the Cos.play area, which was only 12 feet instead of 12 meters and then pissed off so didn't setup the rest of the talk areas so this meant all the talks were cancelled Spoke to one of staff on the info desk and that's what I was told, and getting someone at such short notice to do Sunday wasn't likely.

So, having sat in the EGL stage area 'thinking' this was where the talks were being held we now know why nothing was happening there. So my mate and me finished of our tour of the event and came home, losing money on the hotel we booked! There was no point stopping as we'd seen everything and wanted to spend Sunday listening to the talks, which were now not likely to happen. The fact the doors opened about 11:40am instead of 11:00am had my spider senses tingling, something had gone off, and those spider senses aren't usually wrong and they wasn't!!

Apart from that, the event itself was great! Plenty of arcade machines and pinball tables to play on, and I didn't break one this time!! Lot's of consoles, handhelds, PC's, Amigas, ST's, PSX, PS2 etc... Plenty of 'Cosplayers' dressed up in funky gear, and quite a few lady cosplayers with ample bosoms straining their costumes I liked those, glad I tooks a camera Had a nice chat with Mr Amigakit, now I know why the EZ Z4's aren't shipping Bought a lovely Cream Tea for me and my mate in British Home Stores, so nice in fact we had another before we left

So now I'm at home, watching the Darts, and filing Play Expo 2012 under 'Shit Happens'. Hope you all enjoyed your time at the event, for me it was a bit of a disappointment but not a disaster, hopefully the next event won't suffer the same problem!!

Goodnight children!!
They are supposed to be moving the screen into place ready for tomorrow.
We were annoyed it was dumped behind us.
Old 14 October 2012, 01:50   #23
BarryB
Amigaholic

I was led to believe there wasn't any talks on Sunday? So they are planning to host some then, bummer!!

I did see that huge screen behind your stand (couldn't miss it really could you!!) so that should have been put up for the talks then? I guess they are going to be filmed and youtubed hopefully, would be some small consolation for Saturdays balls up!!
Old 14 October 2012, 21:09   #24
-Acid-

Some photos I took from Saturday

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...p00n/PlayExpo/

I took a long video tour of the entire place as well I will be uploading sometime this week.
Old 14 October 2012, 22:44   #25
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

nice pics acid and great weekend
Old 14 October 2012, 23:36   #26
BarryB
Amigaholic

I'm not on any of them Take lots more next time just in case!!
Old 15 October 2012, 13:42   #27
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ BarryB

Zetr0, r0jaws and myself, along with Skilgannon, Johnim and WoodyCool were on or around the AmiBay / Tech Shack stand, next door to Amigakit. AndyLandy was also there on Saturday. Did you pop over and say hello to us at all?
Old 15 October 2012, 20:42   #28
BarryB
Amigaholic

I did come over but there were a few people already there so didn't think jumping in the middle and shouting 'Eyup I'm BarryB' would have been welcomed so bogged off and decided to come back later, afterall, I was supposed to be staying the weekend so thought would have plenty of time except we buggered off when we found out all the talks had been cancelled

So, apologies I didn't get to meet you all, but my mate didn't want to stop and as he was driving it was either stay and find me own way home or go back with him, so option 2 won.
Old 15 October 2012, 21:52   #29
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Fair enough; I was on the stand for most of the two days and it was busy most of the time.
Old 15 October 2012, 21:55   #30
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

you should of just jumped in
Old 16 October 2012, 00:19   #31
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
Thanks for the help. You are a gent.
Sorry I didnt say my goodbyes, I was knackered.
Did'nt get home til 11pm, .
Old 16 October 2012, 01:08   #32
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

There's an Play Expo 2012 picture thread over at AmiBay now, if anyone is interested.
Old 16 October 2012, 01:32   #33
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
What, literally? Right, next time should I just launch myself Big Daddy style onto your stand then? Just listen for some screaming getting louder and louder then run like fun

Might be going the way of old diablo if I did that though
Old 16 October 2012, 01:41   #34
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

no worries fol

Yea barryb
Old 16 October 2012, 22:55   #35
BarryB
Amigaholic

Out of curiosity, did any talks actually take place on the Sunday?
Old 16 October 2012, 23:09   #36
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

yea a few but i never went
Old 17 October 2012, 00:27   #37
BarryB
Amigaholic

Bum! We could have stopped then and saw all your smiling faces
Old 17 October 2012, 17:00   #38
sneeker

I saw talks from dino dini and one of the bitmap brothers who I forget his name.. Only just found the talks as they where hidden uo near the food vans.
Old 17 October 2012, 20:17   #39
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeker View Post
I saw talks from dino dini and one of the bitmap brothers who I forget his name.. Only just found the talks as they where hidden uo near the food vans.
One of the Bitmap Brothers was there?
Old 17 October 2012, 20:35   #40
wilshy

Send a message via AIM to wilshy Send a message via MSN to wilshy
I really enjoyed the show on Sunday. Wasn't quite what I was expecting but great none the less. Met loads of good people, made some good contacts, shook hands & had drinks with some legends and hopefully lined up a few interviews of said people for the Retro Asylum podcast sometime in the future.

Keep your eyes on both the Retro Asylum & Retro Gaming Roundup podcasts for Mike Montgomery (that's your Bitmap Brother right there ), Dino Dino and other interviews.

500 for a C64 GS though. I mean... I remember me & a mate selling one for pennies once. Damn. Overpriced yes, but someone might just pay it.
AdSense AdSense