|14 May 2012, 18:24||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2001
Turrican Podcast, by Chris Huelsbeck & friends
BitJam Podcast, Episode #151 - Turrican Special
The classic "Turrican" games brought nonstop action to all gaming systems of the 80's and 90's (including the C64, Amiga, Atari ST and PC, as well as the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo). The beautiful synthesizer soundtracks for the series were created by Chris Huelsbeck, arguably one of today's most popular game music composers in the world. His music certainly played a major role in shaping "Turrican" into a digital legend over the years. Chris has recently announced plans to bring the cosmic warrior back from retirement, with the production of a "Soundtrack Anthology" - an epic limited edition box set of no less than four CDs, which will feature almost every melody from the saga in newly arranged and recorded versions! More information on this box set, which will only be available until June 3rd, 2012, can be found at www.turricansoundtrack.com.
Almost two decades after the last "Turrican" title was released, BitJam pays tribute to these games and their wonderful music with a dedicated podcast episode. Featured tracks include remixes by Chris himself, as well as a selection of fan arrangements, handpicked by Huelsbeck and the co-producers of his "Turrican Soundtrack Anthology".
Mixing by Vincenzo, logo #151 by H2O, compiled by Chris Huelsbeck, Jan Zottmann & Thomas Böcker.
[download mp3] - [download cue sheet]
01. Chris Huelsbeck - Turrican Anthology Teaser Demo
02. Chris Huelsbeck - Mega Turrican 'Second Floor' - Level 1
03. Mastertronic - Turrican 1 Amiga Intro Remake
04. Dreamtime - Turrican 2 Main Title (Dosk Mix)
05. Peter W - Turrican II (Concerto For Laser And Enemies Enhanced Mix)
06. Rafael Dyll - Turrican 2 - The Final Challenge
07. Fabian Del Priore and Jan Zottmann - Super Turrican 2 "Submerged' - Level 3
08. Mordi - The Great Bath (of the Seven Seas)
09. duesenberg - Turrican 3 (reloaded)
10. Fabian Del Priore and Jan Zottmann (featuring Henning Nugel) - Super Turrican 'Steam and Pressure' - Level 2
11. Char7ie - Turrican 2 - The Explorer
12. Scaredsim, Wild_Cat - Mega Turrican 'Turrimann' OC ReMix
13. Mastertronic - Super Turrican II Wormland Remix
14. Chris Huelsbeck - Turrican 3 'Freedom' - Credits
Total playtime: 50:30min.
Last edited by Bobic; 26 May 2012 at 21:02. Reason: Included banner
|21 May 2012, 07:55||#4|
Join Date: May 2002
Many thanks to you, Bobic - and to all involved with the podcast.
Thanks also to you, gilgamesh. The MP3's on its way as I type.
|26 May 2012, 20:58||#5|
Join Date: Jun 2001
If you didn't know, BitFellas released a podcast featuring music from the great "Immortal" Audio-CD series (contains remixes of Amiga game tunes made by the original composers) a couple of months ago.
Download and Infos:
Episode #136 - The Immortal Podcast (in collaboration with Jan Zottmann)
Immortal 4 enriches the world of computer game music, featuring remixes of the music from 35 Amiga games in newly arranged studio productions. BitFellas pays tribute to the fantastic Immortal project and presents a selection of fine music from the Immortal CDs in BitJam Podcast #136, including a previously unreleased track.
The acclaimed “Immortal” project started to take shape in the mind of Portuguese game music composer Ruben Monteiro in 1997. The idea behind this project was (and still is) to release the greatest soundtracks from games released for the Commodore Amiga computer on CD - newly arranged and recorded in the studio, but not necessarily in a chart-compatible way. Instead, the “Immortal” producers aim to work with the original artists whenever possible: Chris Hülsbeck, Allister Brimble, Bjorn Lynne, Barry Leitch, Jason Page, Tim Wright and many others contributed exclusive tracks in the past. As of April 2011, four volumes have been released in the “Immortal” series, featuring music from classic games such as Shadow of the Beast, Turrican, Speedball 2, Pinball Dreams, Wing Commander, Alien Breed, Lemmings, or Cannon Fodder.
Mixing by Vincenzo, logo #136 by KF & Immortal 4 artists, compiled by Bobic
[download mp3] - [download cue sheet]
01. Barry Leitch - Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
02. Allister Brimble - Body Blows
03. Chris Hülsbeck - Jim Power “Main Title”
04. Timothy “Coldstorage” Wright - Shadow of the Beast 3 “Gottabe”
05. Ron "Master Blaster" Klaren - Battle Squadron
06. Nation 12 - Gods “Into the Wonderful”
07. Timothy Follin - Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
08. Chris Hülsbeck - Turrican 3
09. Olof “Blaizer” Gustafsson - Pinball Fantasies
10. Allister Brimble - Alien Breed
11. Matthias Steichwachs - No Second Prize “Grand Prix of India”
12. Nation 12 - Speedball 2 “Brutal Deluxe”
13. Matthew “4-mat” Simmonds - Cardiaxx
14. Aleksi “Heatbeat” Eeben - Elfmania
15. Per Almered - Obsession - Desert Run
16. Frédéric “Moby” Motte - Fascination
17. Jon Hare & Richard Joseph - Cannon Fodder ''War''
18. Timothy “Coldstorage” Wright - Agony 2007 (Astronaut mix)
Total playtime: 79:14min.
Maybe this is also of interest for the Amiga scene:
Tomorrow (Sunday, 27th of July) H0ffman will release his Demoscene Big Beats in the mix podcast episode at BitFellas. H0ffman is a great musician who contributed to many Amiga demos and intros in the last months (Revision 2012 Invitation, Hot Dots, 8-bit Jungle, H0ffman's RETROspective). He's also running the netlabel Unstable Label which releases fine and free electronic music with mainly big beats.
Last edited by Bobic; 26 May 2012 at 22:12.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Piano project by Chris Huelsbeck and me||viddi||Amiga scene||11||26 April 2012 11:40|
|Meet Composer Chris Huelsbeck||jmmijo||Retrogaming General Discussion||8||05 July 2011 19:25|
|Chris Huelsbeck concert in Cologne, Germany||mailman||News||143||05 December 2009 01:34|
|Chris Huelsbeck releases new album||Retro-Nerd||Amiga scene||12||29 September 2007 02:58|