English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 20 March 2012, 18:18   #21
JemyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
Years ago a load of us at school mapped Jet Set Willy. We were REALLY proud... and then a magazine printed their version which was (i) better and (ii) actually accurate!
Great story!

I have tried very hard to find a copy of an old 80'ies computer magazine from Sweden that had maps of Last Ninja that are the coolest maps I ever seen. They were handdrawn with every item and every guard illustrated. Unfortunately they were made in newspaper format so they are difficult to scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMan View Post
Keep up the good work JemyM - I'm going to dig this gem out again.
Do so.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 September 2012, 14:00   #22
JemyM

Right, decided to upload my playthrough of the first mission of the game even though I wasn't happy about it's quality. If there are those interested in this game feel free to have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...8egHHSDF1XJ1Yt
Old 07 July 2017, 19:56   #23
Flimbo

Sorry for the outrageous thread necromancy, but this game can be a lot of fun! The plot, cut sequences and atmosphere of the game were the big perks for me.

I remember eventually finding a 'data crystal' when playing this, which had the address of Toyogon, and for some reason it stays in your inventory after you return from the emperor and will then tell you the address of the next captive. Using this I completed a number of missions in quick succession, but the end cut scene of each mission was always the same. I'm not sure if there's a 'final' cut-scene, but given I've just found out there are 4000 missions it seems unlikely!

Can anyone recommend any good similar games? Particularly in terms of the atmosphere/style and setting.

Old 12 July 2017, 18:23   #24
RetroPaul

This was one of the games i felt totally out of my depth with and never really played. I remember buying it for my CD32 based on the glowing magazine reviews but aside from showing off the cool intro sequence and cd audio to my friends i dont think i ever got anywhere at all in the game.
I amazed by the complexity, size and mechanic's of it, i never realised at the time, damn good work mapping it out, i think ill give it another go!
AdSense AdSense