English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 December 2011, 14:00   #61
john4p
Local Moderator
john4p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,134
Looking really good now. Very much looking forward to this - especially because of online multiplayer.
john4p is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 22 December 2011, 14:11   #62
seuden
uber cool demi god

seuden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kent/England
Posts: 1,905
I could kiss you P-J!
seuden is offline  
Old 22 December 2011, 14:14   #63
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Bamiga2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 40
Posts: 3,210
Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Looking forward to this!
Bamiga2002 is offline  
Old 22 December 2011, 14:34   #64
synchro
Sending You Back In Time
synchro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 976
looking great...very accurate so far
synchro is offline  
Old 22 December 2011, 15:03   #65
lifeschool
Local Moderator

lifeschool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lancashire, UK
Age: 41
Posts: 960
Yeah, looks great! I like the music clip you posted of the lotus 1 soundtrack - the first part is ok - I've heard better - but the second half is absolutely ace! You should definitely be proud of your efforts. I almost wanted to have another go at Lotus with your soundtrack looping in the background - just for the effect
lifeschool is offline  
Old 22 December 2011, 18:20   #66
P-J
Grumpy veteran
P-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Moorpark, California
Age: 37
Posts: 1,146
Send a message via MSN to P-J
Gradiented background? I've got to use those extra colours for something...



Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Yeah, looks great! I like the music clip you posted of the lotus 1 soundtrack - the first part is ok - I've heard better - but the second half is absolutely ace! You should definitely be proud of your efforts. I almost wanted to have another go at Lotus with your soundtrack looping in the background - just for the effect
Thanks man. Yeah, the first part is a bit gash, but I'd certainly re-record it with a view to a more professional production if I was going to use it.

I haven't even tried the other two tracks from Lotus 1 yet, but listening now I think they lend themselves well to that style so might have a go soon.

Last edited by P-J; 22 December 2011 at 18:47.
P-J is offline  
Old 22 December 2011, 19:16   #67
LotusGoblins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Ahh right ...

Yes a Lotus IV im sure would be great and maybe someone will do it but i think P-J is stuck on his remake and we are kind of looking forward to it that way
I think the fourth chapter we can do.

PJ, looking at the work you are doing, I must say you are doing a good job, but the game is only online?
LotusGoblins is offline  
Old 23 December 2011, 10:59   #68
john4p
Local Moderator
john4p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
The main reason for posting this message is to see if anyone has any ideas for features that could make the final game.
How about an online database with registered playertags and leaderboards with an ELO ranking system?
john4p is offline  
Old 31 December 2011, 15:47   #69
P-J
Grumpy veteran
P-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Moorpark, California
Age: 37
Posts: 1,146
Send a message via MSN to P-J
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGoblins View Post
I think the fourth chapter we can do.

PJ, looking at the work you are doing, I must say you are doing a good job, but the game is only online?
To start with, yeah. But with a ton of collaborative features Could add in a single player mode after its done.
P-J is offline  
Old 31 December 2011, 16:33   #70
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Paul_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Amigaville
Age: 39
Posts: 3,161
Something I would love to see is the 'red zone speed' increase from Lotus III being used. It gave a lot more playability imo and a bit more fun
Paul_s is offline  
Old 01 January 2012, 02:28   #71
Dunny
Registered User

Dunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Scunthorpe/United Kingdom
Posts: 864
P-J, you need some serious Sega-style parallax scrolling in the backgrounds (hills/clouds). That would rock.

D.
Dunny is offline  
Old 02 January 2012, 18:28   #72
P-J
Grumpy veteran
P-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Moorpark, California
Age: 37
Posts: 1,146
Send a message via MSN to P-J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Something I would love to see is the 'red zone speed' increase from Lotus III being used. It gave a lot more playability imo and a bit more fun
Good shout. Could be useful to spice up the multiplayer games (otherwise might be a bit too close each time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
P-J, you need some serious Sega-style parallax scrolling in the backgrounds (hills/clouds). That would rock.

D.
I'll try it out sometime, see how it looks. Thanks for the suggestion.
P-J is offline  
Old 03 January 2012, 21:02   #73
LotusGoblins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 13
However, I would say my opinion, because twenty years have passed since the third chapter of the Lotus to date that we are in 2012, instead of doing a remake, it would be nice if you could create a fourth installment of the series, because if you can do the franchise Lotus does not spoil, even I think that will be the greatest game in the series, I dream that one quarter of these ores can be done capitlo series, this is my opinion.
LotusGoblins is offline  
Old 04 January 2012, 22:49   #74
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Paul_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Amigaville
Age: 39
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGoblins View Post
However, I would say my opinion, because twenty years have passed since the third chapter of the Lotus to date that we are in 2012, instead of doing a remake, it would be nice if you could create a fourth installment of the series, because if you can do the franchise Lotus does not spoil, even I think that will be the greatest game in the series, I dream that one quarter of these ores can be done capitlo series, this is my opinion.
How would you like the 'fourth' installment to look? Classic like the original series or based on newer 3D technology (which would spoil it imo).

It would be like making Back to the Future Part 4.... there's no Delorean and Marty is retired by now.

I think what P-J is offering is better but I am biased and prefer 'classic' looking games than new-gen games.
Paul_s is offline  
Old 04 January 2012, 23:16   #75
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 44
Posts: 6,609
scrolling background fixed..... win!
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 05 January 2012, 02:34   #76
AmigaFriend
Registered User
AmigaFriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CLI
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Here's a video I've just taken. Just shows the perspective effect when you move left and right, modification to the part of the engine that draws the hills/slopes, and some basic cornering physics just so I can start to play the tracks and see how they feel.

[ Show youtube player ]

(Very short video!)
The game is turning out very nice. Did you realized that the car muffler switches sides when you turn?
AmigaFriend is offline  
Old 05 January 2012, 11:07   #77
P-J
Grumpy veteran
P-J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Moorpark, California
Age: 37
Posts: 1,146
Send a message via MSN to P-J
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
The game is turning out very nice. Did you realized that the car muffler switches sides when you turn?
Hehe yeah. It's just mirrored placeholder graphics
P-J is offline  
Old 05 January 2012, 17:28   #78
LotusGoblins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Italy
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
How would you like the 'fourth' installment to look? Classic like the original series or based on newer 3D technology (which would spoil it imo).

It would be like making Back to the Future Part 4.... there's no Delorean and Marty is retired by now.

I think what P-J is offering is better but I am biased and prefer 'classic' looking games than new-gen games.
I think that making a fourth chapter of the Lotus, you have to create it in 3D, with graphics similar to the game "Gran Turismo", which is realistic. Then the inclusion of new environments, such as: the race in the savanna, rainforest, in an ancient city like Rome, with flooding in the streets, in the glaciers, hills, farms, lakes, road transport, even in a city in the Gothic style. I would say that Lotus would be great quarter, with these ideas, I think it can be very famous and make many sales, I'm 100%
LotusGoblins is offline  
Old 05 January 2012, 17:59   #79
Dreedo
Registered User
Dreedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Age: 24
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGoblins View Post
I think that making a fourth chapter of the Lotus, you have to create it in 3D, with graphics similar to the game "Gran Turismo", which is realistic. Then the inclusion of new environments, such as: the race in the savanna, rainforest, in an ancient city like Rome, with flooding in the streets, in the glaciers, hills, farms, lakes, road transport, even in a city in the Gothic style. I would say that Lotus would be great quarter, with these ideas, I think it can be very famous and make many sales, I'm 100%
Ever made a game? Didn't think so. :P

A game with graphics like Gran Turismo would cost a lot of money to make. 3D games in general are much harder than 2D ones.

I think P-J should stick with his current idea, maybe someone with several years experience of making 3D games would take up your idea.
Dreedo is offline  
Old 05 January 2012, 18:46   #80
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,927
Oldskool 2D pixel art FTW.
Retroplay is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WANTED: Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 phatboy MarketPlace 0 26 February 2013 09:43
Track Editor: Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge mombasajoe News 13 28 February 2012 22:29
Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge MortimerTwang Games images which need to be WHDified 6 05 June 2005 17:13
Lotus Turbo Challenge Remake in 96k Bobic Amiga scene 22 01 April 2005 00:08
Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 Problem ferretneck support.Games 6 13 July 2004 22:08

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.23224 seconds with 12 queries