|21 November 2011, 20:52||#1|
Jack 2.6 for AmigaOS 4.1u3 - Now Available
Jack 2.6 - Now Available
1. What is Jack?
Jack is many things, Jack could be described as an advanced feature-laden ASL
file-requester replacement, it could also be described as a fantastic
standalone program that makes common tasks so much easier.
* Calendar View, even add events to AOrganiser or Google Calendar
* Comprehensive AmigaOS App-Store
* Quick access to AmigaOS Preferences
* Screen snapshoter
* Get the Most our of your Amiga. Jack now includes a plug-in for Assist
by Daniel Hutchinson. This will enable Daniel to freely add new
articles and images to Jack in an independent and quicker manner.
Simply download the updates when they become available from the
Download Store and follow installation/update instructions.
* Fully-featured Image Editor, includes Batch-image processing
* Speedy access to all your connected devices
* Support for Push4Dock - quick access to your Documents, Images,
Music and more...
* JackTunes: Comprehensive music player for accessing your ITunes music collection. (still under development)
* Unique Slideshow mode for viewing your image directories
* Handy Calculator, similar to Spotlight in Mac OS X, its there when you
need it most
* Thesaurus - Learn words in the English Language (requires WordNet).
* Basic file-management, Make New Drawer, Delete, Rename and Add Comment
* Open your files in Helper Applications
* HTTP/HTTPS support for downloading files to a directory before Opening
* Jack can be called entirely from the command line, in this mode it will
act as a modern file requester that retains all the above features.
Change Since 2.5:
* Calendar: You can now add events to the native application AOrganiser or Google Calendar.
* App-Store: Rate It buttons working again.
* WBStartup: New tooltype 'DELAY'. On first-run Jack will pause for specified
number of seconds before trying to make a connection to the internet. Users
who don't plan to add Jack to their WBStartup can safely set this to zero.
* Slideshow Mode: It is now possible to Zoom In and Out of any image using
plus (=) and minus (-) on the keyboard.
* App-Store: No crash when closing Sign-up window via the Cancel button or
* General: Handling tooltypes and command line arguments has been improved.
* General: Serious fix to broken HTML and URL encoding and decoding.
* Existing Users - Simply start your current version of Jack as normal and when prompted click the confirmation button to proceed with the download**. Open the Installation Drawer and click on the Install Jack icon - after that simply select the location where you already have Jack installed and the installation is complete.
** Requires Jack to have left OS4Depot's upload queue.
* New Users - Visit OS4Depot and type Jack in the search box. Installation is simple, just press the Install Jack icon and select a location where you would like Jack to be installed. Jack will now appear on your Dockbar.
Please submit all bug reports, suggestions and feedback on:
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Jack The Ripper||Steve||request.Old Rare Games||4||08 August 2015 00:10|
|Hello all! Jack here.||Jackster||Member Introductions||6||12 August 2012 17:38|
|Jack 2.7 Now Available and new website||djrikki||News||0||13 January 2012 19:35|
|Jack the nipper 2||KombatSanta||project.WHDLoad||18||09 February 2005 20:24|