English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 21 October 2011, 05:38   #1
BuckChowSimmons

TURRICAN and TURRICAN II

I am so desperate to know this.
I want to play TURRICAN and TURRICAN II on any LCD screen in its PERFECT form, and I can attatch any game controller to the device. I am the dumbest to know any Computer terminology, so I am very very easy to completely throw off. I am a only iMAC user, but I will buy a PC, because I love them too. I bought an AMIGA 1200 off of eBay and 2 copies of TURRICAN and TURRCAN II.. they all can't play past the title screen, they freeze up and give me a "software error/failure" screen then reset the whole game. Then the amiga 1200 clicks constantly, and I am the worst person to fix things. no one in my family won't help me, any one i know here DON'T know what an AMIGA is, or EVEN know what a TURRICAN is. NO one I know in person don't even know or care about EMULATIONS or EMULATORS, so helping me is the last thing they want or has the time of the day to do. I really need help, please help me, sorry for sounding so panic and I am so sorry if I posted wrong anywhere, I am just having an anxiety attack because I just want a PERFECT "GLITCH-FREE" COMPLETE NEVER DYING PERFECTLY PRESERVED copies of TURRICAN and TURRICAN II to play on ANY LCD (or most LCD's) HDTV, or monitor, and I can carry it anywhere with me to play very user friendly.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 21 October 2011, 08:23   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

The problem is that Amiga 1200 is not directly able to run Turricans from floppies imho. A1200 uses system 3.0 and it is not full compatible with earlier A500's system 1.3. It needs a kind of Amiga 500 emulation. It is named RELOKICK1.3 - basically it is a floppy, that you insert into the diskdrive of your Amiga1200, turn it on and let it boot. After it is booted, the system automatically reboots and then you have Amiga 500.

After this, you run a game as normal.

Rekicked Amiga is also reset proof, you will get your Amiga 1200 system after the cold reset (turn it off for about half a minute).
Old 21 October 2011, 08:50   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

WHDLoad would be the safest bet for running the games properly on an A1200 (assuming it has a hard drive!) as the games probably have some blitter issues.
Old 21 October 2011, 11:30   #4
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
WHDLoad would be the safest bet for running the games properly on an A1200 (assuming it has a hard drive!) as the games probably have some blitter issues.
Agree, but I think it is for average skilled users.
Old 21 October 2011, 12:59   #5
clauddio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
The problem is that Amiga 1200 is not directly able to run Turricans from floppies imho. A1200 uses system 3.0 and it is not full compatible with earlier A500's system 1.3. It needs a kind of Amiga 500 emulation. It is named RELOKICK1.3 - basically it is a floppy, that you insert into the diskdrive of your Amiga1200, turn it on and let it boot. After it is booted, the system automatically reboots and then you have Amiga 500.

After this, you run a game as normal.

Rekicked Amiga is also reset proof, you will get your Amiga 1200 system after the cold reset (turn it off for about half a minute).
turrican 1 or 2 do not need kicstart k1.3 to work
they work disabling cpu caches and setting old chipset
Old 21 October 2011, 13:32   #6
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Really? Thats even better.

So to the original post:

Hold both mouse buttons while you turn on (or reset) your Amiga. Early startup menu should appear. Here tag "Disable CPU caches" and then go to the chipset menu and choose "Original". Now click "Boot". And then insert your Turrican disk.
Old 23 October 2011, 10:36   #7
BuckoA51

Quote:
I want to play TURRICAN and TURRICAN II on any LCD screen in its PERFECT form
You better have deep pockets or room for a CRT
Old 25 October 2011, 07:47   #8
BuckChowSimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Really? Thats even better.

So to the original post:

Hold both mouse buttons while you turn on (or reset) your Amiga. Early startup menu should appear. Here tag "Disable CPU caches" and then go to the chipset menu and choose "Original". Now click "Boot". And then insert your Turrican disk.
Hi there!
Thank you for the nice advice, I did it and it still flashed me a "software Failure" ... I read somewhere on this site that it could be a possible battery leakage on the motherboard, I can only guess it may be the unit itself, because It was an ebay item I bought from a person who told me that they know nothing about how to fix it because he let me know that he only used it for business, not for any gaming, but I want to point out that I am so happy that you told me about the menu because it was nice to see I can actually operate this technology, I am just like my grandmother when it comes to my skill of the Computer loool I will just have to look around to shop for a very good one, I just thought it was a good idea to get the actual original items even though I never grew up with an AMIGA system..... the closest I got is UNIVERSAL SOLDIER for the Sega Genesis. Hey, THANK YOU Mr. Predseda for setting me a little straight on my AMIGA Pre-Schooling ( I'm that bad at my knowledge for this Legendary Computer system) Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
LOL! you wanna REALLY know how dull I am? I thought the motherboard and the floppy drive under the keyboard WAS the hard drive!!!! lmao then my "in-law" set me straight and shook his head and said: "No it is NOT the hard drive" I wanted to crawl in a hole!! loooool

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 25 October 2011 at 08:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged

Old 25 October 2011, 08:12   #9
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
You dumba** no pun intended

welcome to EAB btw.
Old 25 October 2011, 12:35   #10
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckChowSimmons View Post
Hi there!
Thank you for the nice advice, I did it and it still flashed me a "software Failure" ... I read somewhere on this site that it could be a possible battery leakage on the motherboard
No. Amiga 1200 has no battery inside so its motherboard cant be damaged by this way. Battery leakage is relevant to Amiga 500+, Amiga 3000 and Amiga 4000 mostly. The only place where you can find battery in A1200 is a turbo/memory board, that can be optionally placed in the trapdoor slot of your computer. You can check it easily - take a coin, use it to open trapdoor at the rear side of your Amiga 1200 and if the bay there is empty, your Amiga is in its basic configuration. If there is "something" installed, take a camera and shoot us a photo.

It would look for example like this

And beside this: what exactly does your Amiga do, when you turn it on without a floppy disk inserted? It should flash white and light grey shortly and then the purple screen with "insert disk" animation should appear.
AdSense AdSense