English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 October 2011, 21:49   #41
gibs
Banned

@olesio

SWOS9697 run perfect with an .TL script under all my amiga that have enough memory and EUAE or WinUAE.

Just put that in your script :

TLGECS:
Cd Directory
whdload game.slave PRELOAD

With the script you can of course keep the long name.
There is no reason for not working because in this example, the launcher execute your own script.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 October 2011, 23:37   #42
olesio

Ah lame me. I did not think to replace set as cd TLGECS: but anyway problem solved, but I still do not know why only SWOS 96/97 game cannot run by slave file with short name and only a *.tl scrip helps. Anyway, please include my suggestions from my reply before and do something to back for launcher - if possible - after pressing quit key in WHDLoad game. Now I only see gray screen and must press Escape key. On WinUAE and real Amiga it is the same issue.
Old 01 October 2011, 23:41   #43
gibs
Banned

@olesio
SWOS doesn't run because it's one of the rare whdload which contains data inside /data and outside /data

The next update will display the name TL is launching, even if the name is not good
Video : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny...r/P1030349.mp4

Try it! : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny...r/TL13beta.exe

Last edited by gibs; 02 October 2011 at 00:54. Reason: Video link added
Old 02 October 2011, 01:29   #44
olesio

Nice one. Waiting for non beta stable version which I can calmly put on my real Amiga. Btw, if not valid (not exists or lt file name are longer than 25 chars) *.tl or *.slave files found or found one like test_test_test_test_test.tl and other shorter nothing happend - screen is black end empty. You should add message "Not valid *.lt or *.slave files found!" and "Back" button or something like that. Because probable you did not implement variant if these files does not exists. Or maybe something wrong under WinUAE? Please check that. Ah, and in my opinione ESC key should back to main menu from any page of list. Not only from first. That's all for now. Please give us info and link for fixed version when it will be ready.

Last edited by olesio; 02 October 2011 at 01:52.
Old 02 October 2011, 03:31   #45
gibs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olesio View Post
Btw, if not valid (not exists or lt file name are longer than 25 chars) *.tl or *.slave files found or found one like test_test_test_test_test.tl and other shorter nothing happend - screen is black end empty. You should add message "Not valid *.lt or *.slave files found!" and "Back" button or something like that. Because probable you did not implement variant if these files does not exists.
No my check was wrong when the file was 25 characters lenght

This one should be better.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny.../TL13beta1.exe
Old 02 October 2011, 04:49   #46
olesio

Ok, now is fine but you should going to control method which eliminate mouse usage, so GURU error should work with for example joy/keyboard cursors directions left = quit, right = continue and when any file .slave or .tl was not found the message with 25 chars should do not appear in my opinion, but like you wish. Anyway, mouse usage should be replaced with joy or keyboard cursors and please add ESC = back available on each game list page not only first one. Btw, once again big thanks for developing and updating this nice proggy
Old 02 October 2011, 14:23   #47
gibs
Banned

If a slave is found, TL will try to run it even if its name is too long...
It means that you should not have to rename the slave in most of the cases.

Try! : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny.../TL13beta2.exe
Old 02 October 2011, 15:33   #48
ocean
Rookie Amiga user

Send a message via MSN to ocean
After fooling around for awhile I have several feature requests and bug reports. These are tested on A600 with A604 and 4Gb CF-HD. I don't have aca60 yet, so I'm limited to 68k and FFS...
  1. Is it possible to implement a search, like Ultimate 1541 has? Nothing fancy, just when user starts to type the game the list goes to the first hit with those letters? (for example if I type "LE" the list will highlight "LEDstorm")
  2. Back button (ESC or backspace) works only in first item? I think it would be nice to go back wherever the user are at the moment
  3. Back button from Demos takes user back to Games -menu
  4. Demos -menu has text "xx GAMES" :-P
  5. Games -menu will remain in memory when going Demos -menu: when I have been looking at the games and then I go to the demo menu which have only four items, the list are full. Four first items are real items and selectable, rest items are just ghosts from game menu and cannot be selected.
  6. I do have 380 games in my list (I know, not every one works on my a600), the building of the menu takes almost 30 seconds. There could be "Loading..." text (or animation or something). It would be great and speed up the launcher a lot if the menu could be build beforehand (or first time or something). Also for cd32 the menu remains the same and there are no need to seek the directories every time...?
Old 02 October 2011, 16:59   #49
gibs
Banned

@ocean

1/ It's not in the roadmap as the goal is to provide a launcher easy to configure, without the need of the workbench with fast navigation...So I'll see later
2/ Ok. olesio also requested for this
3/ Yes back home
4/ It has been corrected since 1.3beta1 I think.
5/ It has been corrected too since 1.3beta1 I think.
6/ Damned. 30 sec ? My A600 take 3 seconds (No ACA and No fast ram) to sort 170 games.

With this new update you won't have to rename anymore, I tried with some games it *seems* to work fine.

Try!: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny.../TL13beta3.exe

Edit: Doesn't work anymore on my stock A600 (I don't know why, I investigate)

Last edited by gibs; 03 October 2011 at 01:47.
Old 02 October 2011, 22:00   #50
ocean
Rookie Amiga user

Same here, I get "Program failed (error #80000003)."...

1) This was kind of a feature request, so maybe in version 2 or something. No hurry!
2) Ok, I was a little hurry and didn't read carefully enough.
3) No big deal, just a though
4 & 5) I'll test these later ;-)
6) Almost 30 sec, 25 or so to be precise. First I thought my a600 crashed, but then the menu showed up properly...
Old 02 October 2011, 22:17   #51
gibs
Banned

It took 3 hours to find the reason why TL was crashing on Chip only computers
But it was nescessary because I want it to run on stock CD32 because it is able to run lot of great games

Now I'm going to put a new version with a timer while while scaning.

Edit: Here it is : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny.../TL13beta4.exe

@Ocean, I believe you
Here is a video with and without the ACA630
Note that it's not a problem of scaning the drive but it's up to the cpu to store the names too, so you won't have latency while browsing (which is the case if you use AGS).

Last edited by gibs; 03 October 2011 at 00:25.
Old 03 October 2011, 00:43   #52
DonAmiga

Wow looks like I've got some catching up to do my internet connection is playing up so no downloads and no youtube its to stressful its ok for browsing "just", been on the phone to my provider meant to be fixed by Tuesday.

Great Stuff gibs
Old 03 October 2011, 01:38   #53
gibs
Banned

@DonAmiga

Thanks hope you can try it soon.
It starts to work without problems

Last build : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny.../TL13beta5.exe
Old 03 October 2011, 03:15   #54
Kitty
Canít rain all the time..

this looks interesting

Last edited by Kitty; 03 October 2011 at 03:22.
Old 03 October 2011, 04:39   #55
gibs
Banned

It is ! ^^

Video of the 1.3beta5 (for those that don't have time to test it):
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 October 2011, 15:09   #56
ocean
Rookie Amiga user

Looking very nice! Too bad I am at work trip for couple of days and I don't have time to test it... One little thing though, should it be "Scanning" instead of "Scaning"? Sorry to niggle about unimportant things here... :-P
Old 03 October 2011, 15:29   #57
olesio

@gibs: nice update. but please add - if possible - joystick/keyboard control to screen which looks like "GURU error" when shows information about invalid filename length or *.tl or *.slave files are missed. Btw, on real Amiga 1200 and my favorite 112 games. In prevoius Launcher versions I did not seen problems with slow reading GAME - ECS directory content. Everythind was fine. Like I wrote before - I got 4 MB memory extension, 3.0 kickstart and 2GB HDD as CF card. Probable when games count will be two or three times greater it also should do not cause slow directory content reading.
Old 03 October 2011, 18:23   #58
gibs
Banned

@olesio IMO you haven't tested the new beta :P

1/ it has been added (even if I keep the mouse activated, because when you have an error you're about ton correct it right?) but the joystick is supported. just try!
2/ As I said earlier, you won't see the guru screen often as I have added another routine. you should not have to rename anymore
3/yes it runs pretty fast in my CD32/SX1. if you keep an eye at the HDD led, it's not the scan that is slow but also the CPU to store the datas.
A 68020 is faster than a 68000, my CD32 takes 3 seconds to seek&store 165 games. I don't think that Tiny Launcher works like the other launchers.
4/ A CDTV should be really fast too, but you can't run whdload with only 1MB of chip ram.
Even if the CDROM drive is X1 I think it can compete with the A600 Stock Compact flash speed.(I mean,I think, it's going to be slower by 3 seconds than the A600).
5/A CD32 used with CDROM is also going to be really fast.
I'm going to make a compile on CD soon to show it.
6/Yeah!

Last edited by gibs; 03 October 2011 at 18:48.
Old 03 October 2011, 19:12   #59
olesio

It's work - sorry, but maybe for 100% usability you also add left/right cursor to change and add info to text about directions if possible. Also when I renamed to long name 4DSportsDriving slave just for test after pressing right direction I see main screen but did not refreshed in right way. See PNG file in attachment. I tested only WinUAE yet on Two config (without and with JIT), so maybe this is WinUAE problem but please update guru text and keyboard handling when error occur and fix problem with graphics refresh and probable this will be 100% perfec proggy in my opininion Adding assigns by setup screen may be done in future if you think it will be usefull than entring assigns manually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.png
Views:	181
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	29559  
Old 03 October 2011, 20:12   #60
gibs
Banned

ocean @ olesio,

Thanks for the repport:
Check with this build : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1566495/Tiny.../TL13beta6.exe

I have added the keys, corrected the typo, and the refresh should be good.

Last edited by gibs; 03 October 2011 at 20:17.
AdSense AdSense