|18 September 2011, 11:28||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2001
WinUAE 2.3.3 released
- New very low latency VSync mode, autodetects real refresh rate, no more 100% CPU usage, supports also windowed modes. (Not compatible with fastest possible CPU modes but planned in future)
- Experimental rawinput joystick/joypad support. (-rawhid command line parameter) Added because DirectInput is said to introduce some extra input lag.
- Real cause for Max Transfer IDE problem found. IDE emulation detects and logs it now.
- CD image audio buffer increased slightly, some systems had glitches in CD audio.
- Non-configured joystick/mouse autoswitch update: short firebutton press or move left = insert into joystick port, longer press or move right = insert into mouse port.
- Add Harddrive option does not require Administrator privileges anymore, most removable drives can be used without higher privileges, at least under Windows 7.
- IDE emulation write hang introduced in 2.3.2.
- A590/A2091 emulation crash if CPU was 68020+.
- On the fly CD switching (both images and real CDs) reliability improved.
- Direct3D blank screen problem is now 100% fixed. Really.
- win32.hardfile_path didn't work.
- On the fly resolution change didn't work correctly, resolution autoswitch improved.
- Key or joystick button mapped to mouse direction didn't work.
- Analog stick mapped to mouse had too fast and unstable speed.
|18 September 2011, 15:03||#7|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Had a couple of problems though, but not serious once I figured out the causes:
My main system failed to boot completely, removing P96refresh from my startup cured this. Is P96refresh obsolete?
Tested a more basic setup to figure out what was causing the first problem, it booted fine but none of the disk icons could be clicked on. Then I realized that the display had been squashed and clicking in the black area to the left of the icons worked. This was in full window mode with a display smaller than my actual resolution. Switching to window mode worked as usual.
|18 September 2011, 16:53||#11|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Neheim / Germany
|18 September 2011, 18:56||#12|
Meet the Veggies!
Join Date: Jul 2001
This is the best release in years!! Some truly awesome features in this release and the D3D blank screen bug is even fixed. Thank you!
|19 September 2011, 18:11||#20|
no c= no fun
Join Date: Jun 2008
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WinUAE 2.5.0 released||Toni Wilen||News||30||08 December 2012 18:48|
|WinUAE 1.4.3 Released!||Avanze||News||14||10 August 2007 08:42|
|WinUAE 1.3.4 released||Paul||News||11||02 January 2007 04:09|
|WinUAE 1.3.2 Released||Avanze||News||10||05 September 2006 21:08|
|New WinUAE Help released||Paul||News||3||02 January 2005 21:56|