English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 15 August 2011, 16:24   #1
Captain Hat

Hello

I am mostly a visitor to the world of Amiga stuff. I'm trying to help raise funds for the charity I work for (Computers 4 Africa) and as such I am interested in finding out how much a couple of bits that have been given to us are worth. I was wondering if there was any way you guys could help me out? It's for a good cause.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 August 2011, 17:47   #2
jman

Hello and welcome.

I don't understand completely what you mean, can you detail a bit? Do you have some old hardware and want to sell it to raise money? Or do you want to know if you can send it to Africa for use?

What kind of hardware have you gathered?
Old 15 August 2011, 18:16   #3
Captain Hat

Found some old hardware that I think I might be able to sell to raise money. The primary bit that this forum is likely to be interested in is a Commodore-manufactured Amiga 1500, almost completely original (one of the joysticks has been replaced with an aftermarket one but the keyboard, mouse, monitor etc down to the monitor lead and the power lead are pretty much original) with a fairly large stack of software and games. I just have no idea what it's worth.

Old 15 August 2011, 21:55   #4
jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hat View Post
Found some old hardware that I think I might be able to sell to raise money. The primary bit that this forum is likely to be interested in is a Commodore-manufactured Amiga 1500, almost completely original (one of the joysticks has been replaced with an aftermarket one but the keyboard, mouse, monitor etc down to the monitor lead and the power lead are pretty much original) with a fairly large stack of software and games. I just have no idea what it's worth.
Ok, I cannot express on the absolute value for the hardware you want to sell, because the first question you will be asked is "what are the physical conditions of the hardware and the software boxes".
You may want to take some time and detail a list of software/hardware, plus shoot some photos for a more precise evaluation.

Or if your time is more valuable than patiently categorizing everything you might want to simply bulk sell everything "as is" simply stating if the hardware seems to be working (computer turns on and such things).

There's a dedicated forum on EAB for selling/buying stuff, the Marketplace. You may want to show up there.

As a rule of thumb the Amiga 1500 is not the most valuable computer you may sell and copied games are worth null.

Hope this helps.
Old 16 August 2011, 10:05   #5
Big-Byte
Long time member

You will also want to open the computer up and check inside as its very common for the battery to leak. If you take a photo and attach it here people can guide you as what to look for.
Old 16 August 2011, 10:10   #6
Captain Hat

The games and software that come with it are not copied- they're original disks and most are complete with boxes and manuals.

The machine is in good condition externally, I'll have a check inside and take some photos there this evening.

Thanks for the input guys!

Old 16 August 2011, 11:19   #7
amigakit.com

Welcome
AdSense AdSense