English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 18 June 2011, 11:27   #1
SparkyNZ

Question AmigaDemobase Configuration Woes

Hi Everyone.

I have both WinUAE8.23 and Amiga Demobase installed on my PC.

WinUAE is set up fine as far as I can tell - I can load my Amiga games without problem.

When trying to run demos from the Gamebase front-end, I get a WinUAE message box complaining that it can find my rom files in a kickstarts\ folder.

Does anybody know how to change this location, or whereabouts I should have a kickstarts folder? I just have my .ROM files in a C:\Fellow folder like I have for several years. WinUAE is using the C:\Fellow folder when started on its own, so how can I change the folder that Gamebase is telling it to use?

Cheers
Sparky

AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 June 2011, 11:57   #2
SparkyNZ

I sorted it out - I changed the rom location in the GameBaseAmiga.UAE file and all is well. :-)

Old 23 February 2015, 09:50   #3
nzirbaloch

If the problem can be understood from deep inside, there might be a way out.

www.braindumps.com/testprep/pmp-exam.htm

Old 14 June 2015, 19:00   #4
methodman

I am trying to set the Amiga demobase up and am completely confused. Is there a setup that shows you how to configure it I have no idea how to oget the HDF files to work.Please there is all this wonderful stuff out there for WinUae with no one explaining how to use it.

Each Demobase, gamebase comes with its own Amiga winuae. I created a HD directory from that Demobase or Gamebase home directory and it shows up in every winuae installation. I am sorry I am confused and have failed in every attempt to make any of the gamebases or demobases to work. The only guide I see is the green guide which is what I have been using. Is there an explanation somewhere as how to set the demobase and gamebase up? Thank you for your patience and advice.
Old 25 June 2015, 03:37   #5
methodman

Continuation

I discovered that Winuae Loader is set up to run the demobase. but one thing I am confused is there are so many Amiga entrances scattered everywhere. On the A1200 it loads up the ArOS and says it can't find a boot disk. When I click on a zipped HDF and change the floppy hdf to hdf it does nothing. There is something I am not understanding about Uae. Do I need to unzip all the hdf files. adf work fine when they are zipped. I am confused I keep thinking I have a framework but nothing happens with anything. None of the CONFIG files show up on the config portion in Winuae. But it will run adf just nothing else.
Old 25 June 2015, 22:31   #6
methodman

There are a few questions I have. Winuae Loader has instructions for getting the demobase to work. But when it runs Aros. It says it can't find the boot roms. Are they supposed to be moved to the gamebase folder somewhere or can I run them from Emuload Data ks
or shared kickstarts roms. There are so many different levels that all offer an Amiga interface. Do I have to go through each of those configs in Winuae loader and create a wb3.1 hd for it. Can I share the same Hd in more than one configuration?
Old 26 June 2015, 23:34   #7
methodman

What did you change your rom location to? I am confused. Do I need to go to configs and point Winuae to every single .uae file extension. Every section has its own winuae and today I tried loading in the WB3.1 wb and then in the 2nd HD I pointed to one of the dmobases hdf file which came up as ndos and wasn't recognized. The main Gamebase isn't picking up the demobase even though it is set up exactly the same way the gamebvase Amiga (which does work is set up.)) I have one more week to make it work or I am not going to worry about it but I would like to get it running.

Can I use the same systems harddrive in several different configs or do I need to make a seperate systems harddrive for each config?
Old 27 June 2015, 03:20   #8
ma693541
Computer Wizard

DemoBase Amiga and GameBase Amiga was built for usage with the GameBase emulator front-end. Just follow the link and you all will have the DemoBase Amiga and Gamebase Amiga up and running in no time.

"Wish people could learn to search with Google."
Old 19 April 2016, 19:57   #9
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoraya View Post
Le pregunté a Carolina, quien me dijo que él le había preguntado que si le gustaba tener la chocha depilada
Quote:
I asked Carolina, who told me that he had asked him if he liked having shaved pussy, bla bla bla.
Wrong type of Amiga I think Reported.
AdSense AdSense