English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 August 2002, 08:54   #1
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Help me with my next game?

THis is probably in the wrong forum, but I had no idea to where put it. Please don't put it in the off-topic, as I don't want to be deleted with 2 weeks, as it may take a bit longer to people reply this kind of thing.

I am very close to finish coding Space Disorder now, and I am already starting to design my next game.

And this time, I would like to take the advice people gave me with Space Disorder, and ask help to someone who can properly draw... I want to make a game for my girlfriend (I wish I could do a music for her, but I guess my only talent is design games ).. it will be a simple shooting galery with cute animals (She likes this stuff , and a shooting galery is easy enough for her to play.. no keyboard messing, just mouse )

If someone could draw to me some cute animals walking (or running) , and a few nice backgrounds, I would be very grateful. I would like at least one background with some kind of window that would open, showing animals to shoot, and then close. (This window would need to be a separate sprite)

Of course, full credit will be given for the artists. Also I wanna add that the game will be freeware, and I won't make any money with it, and the artist also won't

Thanx in advance
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 August 2002, 09:58   #2
Akira

Hmm.. Why shoot CUTE creatures?

She'll feel sorry for them . I remember my sister not wanting to play Lemmings because in some levels you HAD to kill lemmings.
Old 18 August 2002, 06:43   #3
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

No no, you won't kill them. I thought about that too. You will have to SAVE them. By clicking the mouse on them

I was going to say that in the above post, but I forgot

Oh yeah, and I'll only use 2D graphics... I still am not sure what the size of the backgrounds I'll need it... 640x480 is what I first thought, but if I use a small part of the screen to display info (Score and stuff), It may be just something like 640X440

OR I could put the stuff in the main screen anyway. just like I did with Space Disorder..... hmm.....

Anyway, this is the kind of thing I would like to have..

Edit: The above pic was supposed to be an animated gif. EAB doesn't accept animated gifs ?
Old 18 August 2002, 14:46   #4
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
[IMG]http://www.shatterhand.hpg.com.br/penguin.gif[IMG]

Edit: The above pic was supposed to be an animated gif. EAB doesn't accept animated gifs ? [/B]
EAB don't accept animated gif for Avatars... no problem for attachment. BTW, your code links one external gif file, so it is not my fault
Old 19 August 2002, 06:18   #5
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Yeah yeah, you're probably right , RCK. The place I am using to host this file sux..

Anyway, I pointed this penguin just as an example of what size of sprite I would like ..
AdSense AdSense