English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 April 2011, 01:17   #21
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Just like the 'core' is virtual, so are your disks Live with it. Really, it makes it a lot easier Get a real Amiga or accept that you're using emulation
Noooooo.......I want to blur reality When my A1000 dies what can I do to use my disks to play games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
A pity if it's a fraud. I like this:
"Our new machine, the R-MIGA A1000, will have the same sort of elegant design as the machine that inspired us, and best of all it will allow you to run the entire Amiga archive too."
Nice idea, that picture of Einstein looks like 32 colour Amiga picture

You could make one, the case is from Karma Digital, you can buy it from them. But it would look strange with LCD monitor and PC keyboard I think.

Last edited by TCD; 15 April 2011 at 01:17. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use multi-quote.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 April 2011, 01:22   #22
seuden
uber cool demi god

Lol, what a bunch of shit!! It's worse than those that are now cashing in on selling their ACA cards.
Old 16 April 2011, 20:28   #23
_ThEcRoW
Amiga Geek

You can access real amiga disks with catweasel under winuae. I have that on my setup and can access the disks no problem. The only thing it that you cannot boot from the directly, but reading and writing is ok under workbench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Catweasel : http://www.vesalia.de/e_catweasel.htm
Kryoflux : http://webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/

You can create ADFs, not use real disks in WinUAE.
Old 16 April 2011, 20:37   #24
TCD

I assume you 'mount' them and not have them as one of the 'DFx:' drives then? Not that useful if you want to play games then.

Last edited by TCD; 17 April 2011 at 13:14. Reason: Added 'the'...
Old 17 April 2011, 13:13   #25
ImmortalA1000

Yes unless I can use Amiga disks on the PC in an identical way to a real Amiga it will not be that useful for me personally.
Old 17 April 2011, 14:55   #26
gehtjanx
WINNING

agree, catweasle would be a cool product if winuae could handle it to boot amiga disks. I wished someone could make it reality. For the RDY signal, this could be emulated or maybe uses real amiga disk drives.

@TheCyberDruid:
Well, this is very uncommon that this will work, to be exact only a small percentage of games would run if possible (no NDOS etc). I believe that this is also not possible in gernal because of the different Amiga disk format. On the workbench maybe drivers are needed to access catweasle, but as said, I do not own it as it will not boot what would be a huge plus for my needs.

thanks,
gehtjanx
Old 17 April 2011, 17:57   #27
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtjanx View Post
@TheCyberDruid:
Well, this is very uncommon that this will work, to be exact only a small percentage of games would run if possible (no NDOS etc). I believe that this is also not possible in gernal because of the different Amiga disk format. On the workbench maybe drivers are needed to access catweasle, but as said, I do not own it as it will not boot what would be a huge plus for my needs.
Huh? You can include the Catweasel as a 'harddrive'. Of course that doesn't make much sense, but I think with the right settings you'll get some DOS disks to work (that don't rely on the disk being in DF0). Maybe I just don't get what you're trying to say.
Old 18 April 2011, 12:31   #28
ImmortalA1000

Someone should raise a bounty for a project to make a solution that allows the booting of original Amiga disks (especially protected game disk formats) on a PC running WinUAE/UAE.

This is one bounty I would contribute to. One day I won't have a working Amiga.
Old 18 April 2011, 20:45   #29
gehtjanx
WINNING

I wanted to say that just a small percentage will work with that solution and this is not what I expect for the product. I would love to get near ful Amiga disk support in WinUAE with catwealse. That would be much more useful (for my needs).
Old 02 May 2011, 15:53   #30
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
Someone should raise a bounty for a project to make a solution that allows the booting of original Amiga disks (especially protected game disk formats) on a PC running WinUAE/UAE.

This is one bounty I would contribute to. One day I won't have a working Amiga.
The guys working on Icaros have done the same thing and it seems to work, somebody wrote catweasal drivers that allow direct booting of disks. Just wish the same could happen for winuae!
AdSense AdSense