English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05 April 2011, 01:48   #41
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Elektron's SidStation?
Sorry, but a product made 20 years later from spare/leftover parts hardly qualifies, now does it?
TCD is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 April 2011, 01:52   #42
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 45
Posts: 10,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Funny, you cant read? I just said i couldn't find any right now, but that i was fairly certain i read them earlier today. I would actually bother to try and find them again tomorrow, seeing as it's well past midnight here, and i'm not quite at my A-game, but seeing as you cant read, whats the point?
B!
Then don't post such a comment without a source. btw: It is true that Bob Yannes created the SID from scratch. The internet is full of SID articles or Bob Yannes interviews.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 01:55   #43
Mr B
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Then don't post such a comment without a source.
So your excuse for being unable to read is... nothing? I clearly stated i couldn't FIND a source, AND i ADMITTED that this alone COULD indicate that I was WRONG.
What the hell is wrong with you? Well, aside from the not being able to read part. Fook if i care. Have it your way. I'm out of here.
B!
Mr B is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 01:58   #44
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 45
Posts: 10,745
I can't really understand why you "explode" like that. No need for such words, but anyway... maybe you have a better day tomorrow.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 02:01   #45
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
So your excuse for being unable to read is... nothing? I clearly stated i couldn't FIND a source, AND i ADMITTED that this alone COULD indicate that I was WRONG.
What the hell is wrong with you? Well, aside from the not being able to read part. Fook if i care. Have it your way. I'm out of here.
B!
Erm, well done? Sorry, but if you claim to be able to prove people wrong you shouldn't leave in a hissy fit if people question your sources. Just my two cent of course.
TCD is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 02:04   #46
CritAnime
Registered User
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wakefield/UK
Age: 35
Posts: 387
Sorry for not replaying for a while. I have been working some late shifts and I have not been able to get to my computer for a while. Woops :P

I will do a proper catchup post when I get home in the morning, because I am now on a night shift, but there is just one post that I really wanted to pass some sort of comment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
They are basically worshipping these useless pieces of shit over at amiga.org. They're nothing short of an insult as far as I'm concerned.

Disgraceful.
Not only on Amiga.org but also Amigaworld.net and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced. In fact I have seen WolfToTheMoon, a mod on the "official" CUSA fan site, been quite vocal on these forums and spreading the "joy". But also the first to complain if someone criticises their products.

It seems like this is one of the few Amiga community forums that they don't seem to have permeated. Whether it's because they are affraid of the backlash or because they don't want to bother with us. I don't honestly know.
CritAnime is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 02:05   #47
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 45
Posts: 10,745
I was only curious which sources that might be, that's all. But i have already enough of this kind of arrogant replies. Anyway, back to topic.
Retro-Nerd is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 02:08   #48
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
Not only on Amiga.org but also Amigaworld.net and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced.
Quite happy they haven't 'invaded' us yet and I'm quite sure that they won't get the responses they're looking for here. This is mainly because they try to cash out on a long dead name, not they offer the formentioned overpriced and underpowered products in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
It seems like this is one of the few Amiga community forums that they don't seem to have permeated. Whether it's because they are affraid of the backlash or because they don't want to bother with us. I don't honestly know.
I care to say that most of us here are happy if they don't bother with EAB
TCD is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 02:30   #49
CritAnime
Registered User
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wakefield/UK
Age: 35
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Quite happy they haven't 'invaded' us yet and I'm quite sure that they won't get the responses they're looking for here.
Which is one of the reasons why I love both reading the posts and making new posts here. Because you guys speak your mind and show your passion.

Last edited by CritAnime; 05 April 2011 at 02:31. Reason: just general edits.
CritAnime is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 04:33   #50
Battlstarcanada
www.battlestarcanada.com
Battlstarcanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC USA
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
Sorry for not replaying for a while. I have been working some late shifts and I have not been able to get to my computer for a while. Woops :P

I will do a proper catchup post when I get home in the morning, because I am now on a night shift, but there is just one post that I really wanted to pass some sort of comment on.



Not only on Amiga.org but also Amigaworld.net and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced. In fact I have seen WolfToTheMoon, a mod on the "official" CUSA fan site, been quite vocal on these forums and spreading the "joy". But also the first to complain if someone criticises their products.

It seems like this is one of the few Amiga community forums that they don't seem to have permeated. Whether it's because they are affraid of the backlash or because they don't want to bother with us. I don't honestly know.
That's why I'm here now. It was getting out of control on those sites.
Battlstarcanada is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 06:47   #51
Pyromania
Moderator

Pyromania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,785
Does everyone here think CommodoreUSA threads should not be allowed on Amiga.org? I have a little say in the matter.


Pyromania is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 07:21   #52
CritAnime
Registered User
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wakefield/UK
Age: 35
Posts: 387
From my point of view as long as they aren't going OTT with things then I don't care. I don't really visit there enough to have any say on what goes off with their forum. It's just it spilling into this forum that concerns me.

Advertising is one thing but having questions and comments beaten down is another.

But going back to the original post on the thread. I still don't understand how they have managed to score this advertising with Disney. Also it would now appear that they are getting ready to start selling something as the stores section of the site has suddenly become more active.

----
Edit:
Seems their website is toppeling over ATM with some application errors. So dunno whats happening.

Last edited by CritAnime; 05 April 2011 at 07:31. Reason: Recent changes
CritAnime is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 09:14   #53
ChrisUnionNJ
Amibay Mod/Staff

ChrisUnionNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Union NJ
Age: 55
Posts: 191
Here we go they just opened the store for pre orders and they renamed the older ones Vic's now..

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Here we go!!.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	28311  
ChrisUnionNJ is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 09:50   #54
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 31
Posts: 10,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
...and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced...
No you haven't.
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 10:23   #55
CritAnime
Registered User
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wakefield/UK
Age: 35
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUnionNJ View Post
Here we go they just opened the store for pre orders and they renamed the older ones Vic's now..

Chris
They seriously trying to sell that pro machine at $895. Thats putting it into the same price range as this Dell and this one. And $595 for the C64x thing. I knew they were nuts but thats taking it to a whole new level.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
No you haven't.
Sorry my mistake. It's lemon64.com I have seen stuff about CUSA on. Sorry about that I am feeling the delirium from working night shifts.

=======
edit-
In my night shift induced delirium I have unfairly said that the lemonamiga.com and lemon64.com were rammed with rubbish about CUSA. This is not the case, though there is some but not much on lemon64, and I wish to apologize about this.

Last edited by CritAnime; 05 April 2011 at 10:36. Reason: edited for fairness
CritAnime is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 10:25   #56
gilgamesh
Linux snob

gilgamesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Monkey Island
Posts: 997
Ok, this is the first time I've seen prices. That's ugly.
gilgamesh is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 10:27   #57
khph_re
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northampton/UK
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Does everyone here think CommodoreUSA threads should not be allowed on Amiga.org? I have a little say in the matter.


Heavier modding, and CUSA threads not being dumped in Amiga sections and the front page would help calm things down a little. 'otherOS' would be a good place, then if people go looking for them, it's up to them.

We have lost some good people not interested in CUSA one way or the other (Amigamance, KTthunder, coldfish -all collateral damage). The number of threads dedicated to them continues to rise, and spills over into other threads.
I really don't want to live through R vs B again.
khph_re is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 10:32   #58
CritAnime
Registered User
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wakefield/UK
Age: 35
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
Ok, this is the first time I've seen prices. That's ugly.
Them prices are a tad ludicrous.
CritAnime is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 10:40   #59
TCD
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 39
Posts: 24,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
Them prices are a tad ludicrous.


I mean, what did you expect?
TCD is offline  
Old 05 April 2011, 11:45   #60
CritAnime
Registered User
CritAnime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wakefield/UK
Age: 35
Posts: 387
Just been looking at their options for each system. The c64 has the option of BluRay Drive. However none of the selections actually have this ticked. Also the deluxe C64 is $795.

Anyway I am off to bed.
CritAnime is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Morton Strikes Back AGA AlexJ request.Old Rare Games 107 07 July 2015 21:48
The (one and only) CUSA thread Retrofan Amiga websites reviews 613 06 December 2013 21:22
Morton Strikes Back Kitty Games images which need to be WHDified 28 22 March 2013 23:51
Chaos Strikes Back wrong! Macca project.TOSEC (amiga only) 5 12 August 2010 20:25
Chaos Strikes Back cheat Macca support.Games 11 15 June 2007 00:34

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 1.01484 seconds with 12 queries