English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 March 2011, 23:47   #1
bitman

Game "Deadline" - rare?

I've been offered the game "Deadline" (http://hol.abime.net/288) - is it rare or common? Game is complete and box looks ok.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 March 2011, 23:53   #2
TCD

The budget release seems to be not that rare : http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=110569267019
Not so sure about the original release, but since there aren't any box or disk scans on HOL (yet ), my guess is that it's not that common.
Old 10 March 2011, 00:01   #3
bitman

Well the one i have been offered looks like the budget version.

I also had the assumption that since the box scans was missing from hol that particular version is rather rare.
Old 10 March 2011, 00:12   #4
TCD

Well, a 8 quid BIN seems to be a rather good deal. Anyway, hope to see some scans for HOL soon, so fingers crossed you can get it for a reasonable price
Old 10 March 2011, 11:42   #5
rockersuke

I thought I got it, but none of my 3 different copies of Deadline is an Amiga one!

First pics shows a 1982 folio edition for PCs. This is the one more loaded with extras (a full crime dossier with lots of documentation and pictures). AFAIK It was never released for Amiga in this format:

This is a rather common edition released for C64 licensed by Commodore itself. It shows regularly on e-bay:

And this is the standard greybox edition, again for PC MS-DOS, released when Infocom switched to this format somewhere around mid 80's. Extras were almost the same as in the folio edition, but rearranged in a different way (many of the docs included in the inside booklet known as the "browsie"). If there ever was an original (non-budget) Amiga release, It should be like this and should have either some IM1-C04 or an C04-WD code (perhaps both) depending if it was distributed before or after Infocom was aquired by Activision.

And then there was the Mastertronic budget edition from the early 90's. It had some of the extras in a booklet, which is more than most other Mastertronic Infocom releases had, and is also rather common to find on e-bay. See here.

--
AdSense AdSense