English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 March 2011, 06:14   #61
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

Sweet, but you know...

...I was thinking about it last night and I might just take a liking to this blood. After all it is 2D and not 3D so this could be really interesting and may just serve to compliment the already perfect (in my opinion) game.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 March 2011, 20:45   #62
ScHlAuChi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post

I need it in so you don't pickup stuff you don't need to pick up. Some places it is not possible to jump over items. Even your video shows you leaving stuff behind to come back for later. Health etc., letters that make up EXTRA.
Thats because with savestates i didnt really need those - as for health, when health is full, it wouldnt pick it up of course
But if you dont want to change that, mabye just make the weapons auto pickup, as for those theres no point NOT to pick them up

Quote:
I've made some changes with this. I'm not liking with the lines/points thing above the guys head, but I've gone half way with you on this one. It's maybe not quiet how you maybe wanted, but it's something that keeps the original game play intact, and won't have people shouting you spoilt my game. The way they work now.......
  • Standing + throwing the grenade works the same as the original.
  • Running then throwing grenade, extends its distance (new).
  • Crouch + Grenade = Rolls grenade at a slow speed. Less bouncing. Used for rolling down stairs or off cliff with enemies below (new).
  • Crouch + Direction + Grenade, same as above, but with greater distance and speed (new).
Yeah the line might destroy the atmosphere, but i was thinking kinda like in Worms to help the player aim - but its better without.
Good changes - but one more thing - when the grenade touches an enemy can you make it instant explode? That way its abit less random compared to the original where it was pure luck

Quote:
That's already in now, but thinking of removing it. Every time it happens i can not afford the cleaning bill.
Make it an option in the menu?

Quote:
You trying to kill me?
Yes, i would kill alot of people for an awesome looking AGA version of AFF

Last edited by ScHlAuChi; 19 March 2011 at 20:55.

Old 27 March 2011, 03:00   #63
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Red face

Hi all,
just to keep you updated.
This last week I've been adding the Achievements page to the game. I drew some little Trophies in D-Paint and been putting them in the secret rooms for you all to find. I counted 16 hidden rooms. Also got some of the other achievements working too, including 'The Killing of that damn Level 6 UFO' for Predseda.
If any one else has an idea on an achievement now is the time to tell.
Added more sound FX, one of which makes the character shout "Arrrrrrrrrh" while he is falling from a great height. It uses a lot of memory so A1200 only. On that topic, what I don't know is; how to get my game to know how much memory the Amiga the game is running on has. There are commands in BlitzBasic2 to tell me what Processor the game is running on but NOT how much memory. So, at this moment in time if you have a A500+ or A600 computer WITH extra memory, sorry to say my game will only use 1 meg of it. A long shot, but if any one would know? please say.

The game is still coming along nicely. When I do finally get it out the door I'm sure you will like . I did say coming soon, but I can not stop tweaking it .
DJC
Old 27 March 2011, 03:22   #64
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Also got some of the other achievements working too, including 'The Killing of that damn Level 6 UFO' for Predseda.
If any one else has an idea on an achievement now is the time to tell.
What about a secret ending or sort of?
For example if you manage to find all the Trophies, or/and all the secret rooms, or/and kill the LEvel 6 UFO, and so on...
Something that push you to play the game in every little bit...
Old 27 March 2011, 03:44   #65
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf View Post
You mean like the 'you get the girl and save the entire planet and there is fireworks and the president of the world thanks you' kinda ending? I would second that idea
Old 27 March 2011, 04:01   #66
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Guess what game is being played in the Super League now
Old 27 March 2011, 06:45   #67
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
You mean like the 'you get the girl and save the entire planet and there is fireworks and the president of the world thanks you' kinda ending? I would second that idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Guess what game is being played in the Super League now

I guess Iím not allowed to enter, I would thrash everyoneís scores. .
Could I make a suggestion, maybe delay the start date of this, and then use the NEW version for this compo? Maybe put up another game in the meantime to give me time to finish it?

DJC
Old 27 March 2011, 09:34   #68
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:

I guess Iím not allowed to enter, I would thrash everyoneís scores. .
Could I make a suggestion, maybe delay the start date of this, and then use the NEW version for this compo? Maybe put up another game in the meantime to give me time to finish it?

DJC
I don't see any reason why you cant compete, you might be surprised by the competition. In fact i think most people would welcome the opportunity to compete against the games developer!

There is no chance to delay the competition, it has already begun. Unless some significant bug exists perhaps??
Old 27 March 2011, 12:48   #69
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

You are more than welcome to enter! I think it would be a first in the history of the competition

The timing is a little unfortunate with regards to the development of the new version but we can't delay it as mihcael says. We do have a tight schedule for the league and we have to completely stick to it to avoid messing the whole thing up so not a lot we can do I'm afraid. And people did vote for it to be played so it would be a little unfair on them if we just went and changed it at such short notice.
Old 27 March 2011, 17:03   #70
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

No problem, happy you are enjoying playing my game .
Old 27 March 2011, 22:02   #71
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

BTW: it is even possible to kill level 6 UFO? Id think it is just out of range.
Old 29 March 2011, 18:11   #72
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf View Post
For example if you manage to find all the Trophies, or/and all the secret rooms, or/and kill the LEvel 6 UFO, and so on...
Something that push you to play the game in every little bit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Excuse me, why not?
If you manage to master entirely the game, if you discover all the secrets, I think it's a good idea to have, if not a different ending, a sort of "easter egg", something that can push you further the usual game.
Or, like other games out there, you can have a "proper" ending only if you finish it with the maximum difficulty, it's just another idea, if you don't like it... oh well, that's fine!
Old 29 March 2011, 18:42   #73
TCD

I'm all in for a secret ending, just threw in the typical cliche ending sequence stuff My favourite would be a 'gag reel', where made up funny stories with the hero and the enemies are presented Ah well, maybe in version 3.0?
Old 29 March 2011, 19:02   #74
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
Haven't played aff yet.. So not sure it would work, but what about a bonus game code which is given at the that end, you enter at the options screen.. Would be a very simple bonus like space invaders... But using aff sprites...

I am not an achievement whore myself, but unlocking achievements would be quote good...
Old 14 April 2011, 20:54   #75
DJCruicky
Gone, but not forgotten

Sorry I not posted in a while, so here are some WIP screen shots of the Achievements pages to keep your interest up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	017.png
Views:	365
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	28440
Click image for larger version

Name:	019.png
Views:	325
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	28441
They are nothing special looking, but they do the job OK

DJ Cruicky
Old 14 April 2011, 20:58   #76
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

dieing?

I like it.

Hey, you beat me and john4p in the compo violently 8)
Old 14 April 2011, 22:01   #77
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Sorry I not posted in a while, so here are some WIP screen shots of the Achievements pages to keep your interest up.
Attachment 28440
Attachment 28441
They are nothing special looking, but they do the job OK

DJ Cruicky

Looks good.. Although Dieing is incorrect and should read Dying
Old 14 April 2011, 22:37   #78
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

But I would keep dieing there, it is a kind of AFF slang. Few similar typos were in original AFF as well.
Old 14 April 2011, 22:44   #79
BippyM
Global Moderator

Incorrect spelling is not slang, not by any stretch of the imagination!

Still it is not my game and doesn't detract from the gameplay so where is the harm
Old 14 April 2011, 22:50   #80
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

yes, I am looooooking forward.
AdSense AdSense