English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 August 2002, 19:29   #41
blackcornflake

Hee hee! lol, Twist!

Gotta think about compatibility issues though. Who knows what could be the result? Speed of Light Service Packs?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 12 August 2002, 20:28   #42
Drake1009

So if things slow down, is that why PC's apparently get slower and slower no matter how many times you reinstall? I thought that was the cruft factor.
Old 13 August 2002, 07:40   #43
Miggy2TheMax

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfire
actually, scientists recently discovered that the speed of light was faster billions of years ago than it is today.

it means that e=mc^2 isn't entirely true, and it will have to be changed. also, they are no longer 100% sure that things can't travel faster than the speed of light.
Using a particle accelerator, scientists have found particles that travel faster than light. This was found a while back (years back), but the wierd thing about these particles is that they never go slower than the speed of light, very wierd. Its like the speed of light is some sort of barrier .. either your on one side or the other ... ok .. I think this is getting really off topic

Its an interesting discovery that you bring up shadowfire, which I have read about but it still has yet to be set in concrete in the physics world, time will tell.
Old 13 August 2002, 08:24   #44
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

HEY! This made me think about something

The light speed got slower after years. I once readed somewhere that Earth's rotation is also getting slower (To the point that in zillions of years the Earth may stop)

So maybe the whole universe is being controlled by PCs? DAMN! WE ARE LOST!

Someone ask the Gods of the universe to upgrade their PCs as soon as possible!!!! :eek :eek

But then Microsoft will release a new Windows Universe, and we are lost again!
Old 13 August 2002, 11:17   #45
Miggy2TheMax

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
HEY! This made me think about something

The light speed got slower after years. I once readed somewhere that Earth's rotation is also getting slower (To the point that in zillions of years the Earth may stop)

So maybe the whole universe is being controlled by PCs? DAMN! WE ARE LOST!

Someone ask the Gods of the universe to upgrade their PCs as soon as possible!!!! :eek :eek

But then Microsoft will release a new Windows Universe, and we are lost again!

If m$ release windbloze universe, then the whole thing will implode into a blue screen of death and all will turn to the dark side
Old 13 August 2002, 11:35   #46
Drake1009

Ever seen the God and Devil show flash with Bill gates on WB's homepage?

Bill being his usual self is launching Windows eternity which will practically take away god and the devil's work since now souls will belong to microsoft.
Old 14 August 2002, 04:05   #47
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

LOL!
Old 14 August 2002, 04:52   #48
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

The heart and soul of my nation's defense is conrolled by Apple OS X (Unix based, the Pentagon's computers are on Unix servers).
I feel well protected.
Old 14 August 2002, 06:04   #49
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Whilst I don't feel 100% secure in knowing that Mac's are running, I certainly must applaud them for not compromising our national security by trusting it to the first word in instability and insecurity (Microsoft). 2 thumbs up for that one!
Old 14 August 2002, 06:23   #50
Akira

But imagine... if something goes wrong.... you wont get a static blue screen...

you will get a BOMB!

KABOOM USA!

[*put your SAD USA icon here*]

And they use Amigas in the NASA. I bet they didn't use them when the Challenger went kaplam :P
Old 14 August 2002, 06:38   #51
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I heard NASA is still using Amigas.
Old 14 August 2002, 07:18   #52
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Yeah I know they do. My buddy Kraig in Atlanta lives next to a retired NASA flight engineer, and he just confirmed this to me a minute ago. The guy thinks Amiga's adaptability and stability were the main reasons it was chosen for its delicate task!
Old 14 August 2002, 13:30   #53
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Well an amiga is a closed system, so its more reliable. Hell a c64 is very reliable, but not power enough to do anything.

As far as the speed of light is concerned, after having to take a whole year of physical chemistry in college I have to say alot of the theories are made by scientists smoking crack. Every 100 years or so they redo them after somebody gets a real cool idea.. then they spend 99 years doing lab tests to expand or disprove them.

And from my understanding from tests recently done either the 2nd law of thermodymanics or the speed of light is in error, and since we like the 2nd law too much they decided it must be the speed of light that changes.. must have flipped a coin.
Old 15 August 2002, 06:52   #54
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Hey! The russians used MSXs in their space stations! There was a pic of the MIR station circulating internet a few years ago, and someone spotted an MSX there!

Completely no-related, but everytime I find a good spot to talk about the MSX, I end up doing it
AdSense AdSense