|26 February 2011, 15:28||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2001
WinUAE 2.3.1 released
WinUAE 2.3.1 released (26.02.2011)
- Directory filesystem ACTION_LOCK_RECORD and ACTION_FREE_RECORD.
- Gamepad joystick type for games that support 2nd fire button but can't read it without pullup resistor. (for example Aladdin)
- Manual filter configuration fully implemented.
- Autoresolution supported (automatically selects lowest used resolution on the fly)
- MIDI device names are stored in configuration file.
- Custom chipset undocumented feature compatibility updates. (For example Magic Demo / Diabolics, MoreNewStuffy by PlasmaForce, Kefrens Party Intro by Wiz)
- M68K AROS compatible IDE and RTG emulation.
- Statefile compatiblity updates. (Initial audio glitches, mouse counters updated correctly, CPU exact mid-instruction state saved, active disk DMA state saved)
- New filter defaults, 1x (not FS) and always scale if selected screen/window size is very small or large enough.
- Auto resize and center filter modes 1x/2x.. modifiers now adjust window size.
- Attempt to load disk image and harddisk paths in state files from current directory, current adf/hardfile path and finally state file directory if original path or file is missing.
- SCSI emulation physical drive tray load/eject passthrough.
- SCSI emulation CD audio support improved. (for example T-Zero and The Shadow of the Third Moon)
- Clipboard sharing disable option in GUI.
2.3.0 bugs fixed:
- Audio pitch errors if audio period rate was near minimum audio DMA limit.
- Very heavy CPU usage if program continuously plays really short audio samples.
- ROM scanner again detects *.rom files in root directory.
- Sample ripper works again.
- Directory filesystem was slow on most modern multicore systems.
- CDTV CDA playback didn't work if play ending track was set to last track. (Prehistorik CDTV)
- 2352 byte sector plain ISO images didn't mount correctly.
- Some drives had problems reading Mode 2 Form 1 data tracks.
- SPTI+SCSI SCAN didn't detect any non-CD devices (broke in 2.2.1)
- Automatic resize filter didn't always work correctly.
- Topmost scanline was usually not visible in autoscale modes.
- GamePorts parallel port joystick configuration crash fix.
- Random RTG color errors when switching to/from fullscreen 8-bit RTG modes.
- Archive mounting crashed if something prevented complete unpack (for example non-dos dms image file)
- Harddrive state files didn't save correctly if more than one harddrive was configured.
- A2065 Z2 board emulation fixes. (Lost interrupts, broadcast packets getting ignored, transmitter dropping big packets.)
- A500 power led fade tricks really work now.
- HRTMon didn't work in cycle-exact modes.
(This was supposed to be released December 2010 but then AROS m68k and other things happened..)
|26 February 2011, 19:09||#8|
Ruler of the Universe
Fantastic. Going fast to install it. Thanks!
Last edited by Retrofan; 27 February 2011 at 01:23.
|10 March 2011, 02:31||#20|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver Area, Canada
Congrats, Toni Wilen
Just updated to 2.3.1 and it's considerably faster and more responsive, while using less CPU resources.
Just a thank-you for WinUAE.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WinUAE 2.5.0 released||Toni Wilen||News||30||08 December 2012 18:48|
|WinUAE 1.4.3 Released!||Avanze||News||14||10 August 2007 08:42|
|WinUAE 1.3.4 released||Paul||News||11||02 January 2007 04:09|
|WinUAE 1.3.2 Released||Avanze||News||10||05 September 2006 21:08|
|New WinUAE Help released||Paul||News||3||02 January 2005 21:56|