English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 March 2011, 01:14   #21
Amigajay
醉拳

Sleepwalker/pf doesn't have a front cover as it was a pack in only double pack. Int open golf was cancelled at the last minute and replaced with Ryder Cup Golf, though there was a couple of review copys floating about, but it never went to press/retail.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 March 2011, 13:15   #22
Cauterize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Int open golf was cancelled at the last minute and replaced with Ryder Cup Golf, though there was a couple of review copys floating about, but it never went to press/retail.
Do you have a source for this bit of info? I'd love to hear the backstory or anything else regarding this.
Old 01 March 2011, 13:32   #23
brolly

Yeah same here, I had no idea. I'll have to try both games now and see if there are any differences between both of them.

Also I noticed that on cd32-alianz Thomas The Tank Engine's Pinball has what seems to be the game manual as the front cover, is that right or was there a different front cover for it?
http://www.cd32-allianz.de/software/...ype=CD32 Games
Old 01 March 2011, 15:27   #24
Experiment T

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
Yeah I've seen the covers before, but that alone doesn't prove the game was actually released on retail, it could have been cancelled. I've been looking for an Oscar copy for ages and never found one.

Can you point me where I can find at least an iso of it Amigajay? It's not on the zone nor any group seems to have dumped it so this is why I'm suspicious about a retail release, would be strange if it was indeed released and no one dumped it yet.
I've got a copy of Oscar on Disc with Digger's (PAL Version, has a white cover with a Oscar Sprite on it) I'll see if i can get it ripped into an ISO if you want it within a few weeks. i would do it now but sadly I'm in the process of moving house and all of my Amiga 500/1200/CD32 stuff is boxed.
Old 02 March 2011, 00:17   #25
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauterize View Post
Do you have a source for this bit of info? I'd love to hear the backstory or anything else regarding this.
Not off hand, but i remember it in the amiga news at the time, it was basically the same game rebranded to tie in with the Ryder Cup competition that year, if you check the old amiga magazine scans it should be mentioned in there somewhere around that time, i know Nick Faldos was the better game anyway!

And 'Experiment T' that copy has already been dumped, we are after the solo release of Oscar NTSC or PAL.

'brolly' Thomas came in a big box with a 'cd32' sticker on it, so more than likely the manual was loose and the disc came in a jewel case with no cover....i hated when they done that grr!
Old 02 March 2011, 02:42   #26
JACK98

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
Also is there any proof that Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers was ever released?
Would be interesting to have some input on this.
Street fighter challengers.Only have magazine scans http://amr.abime.net/review_48356

I suspect it was pulled at last moment,however,as you probably know,cd32 version of SF turbo exists,copies surface on ebay from time to time.

Int golf.i swore i did see a copy on ebay before.

Whizz.box here- http://www.player1.de/cd32/cd32whizz.jpg

Theme park,that was released on CD32/Floppy/then again on mig cd,mig cd had the ecs/aga ports on the cd if i remember right.

Last edited by JACK98; 15 November 2013 at 18:41.
Old 02 March 2011, 05:08   #27
brolly

Thanks for the info guys. I hate games without covers too, I figured there had to be a reason why the manual was there as the game cover.
Old 02 March 2011, 06:41   #28
AmigaDave
Since 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Not off hand, but i remember it in the amiga news at the time, it was basically the same game rebranded to tie in with the Ryder Cup competition that year, if you check the old amiga magazine scans it should be mentioned in there somewhere around that time, i know Nick Faldos was the better game anyway!

And 'Experiment T' that copy has already been dumped, we are after the solo release of Oscar NTSC or PAL.

'brolly' Thomas came in a big box with a 'cd32' sticker on it, so more than likely the manual was loose and the disc came in a jewel case with no cover....i hated when they done that grr!
I am pretty sure I have the solo release of Oscar (NTSC I think) around here some where. It has been ages since I fired up my CD32.

What exactly is your definition of "dumped"? Create an ISO file of the CD, or some other method of copying all the files?
Old 02 March 2011, 08:36   #29
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
What exactly is your definition of "dumped"? Create an ISO file of the CD, or some other method of copying all the files?
I guess an ISO would suffice, but doing it according to the TOSEC guide wouldn't hurt either : http://wiki.toseciso.org/guide
Old 04 March 2011, 01:13   #30
brolly

That would be great news AmigaDave, make sure you look for it

And yeah if you could dump it using TOSEC (or redump) standards would be just perfect, otherwise an ISO would work as well. You could even post that info on redump or TOSEC since that game wasn't dumped by anyone else before.
AdSense AdSense