English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 January 2013, 15:08   #81
clownstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Great idea!
E_en.guide for "E" in english only titles

once could take this further with E_ECS_en - "E" starting titles, OCS/ECS only and English

I really like this idea, while its a bit more work, I think this could really round up and be a great feature for AG-Launch.
This would be great for me, to remove the AGA titles I can't play!

and the useless _Fr, _De games I don't understand

Is it right I can manually edit the game list to exclude these myself?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 11 January 2013, 01:45   #82
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgh View Post
No, I don't think so, so you'll have to go through your KG set and delete old versions of updated games unfortunately.

AFAIK Retroplay has done all new and updated WHDLoad slaves after KG stopped in 2009.
Wow..... that long ago....... I may need some help.... know anyone whom has their WHDLoad sets up todate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownstyle View Post
This would be great for me, to remove the AGA titles I can't play!

and the useless _Fr, _De games I don't understand

Is it right I can manually edit the game list to exclude these myself?

Yes you can, I would suggest opening the relevent <alphabet-character.guide> i.e. "c.guide" and with any amiga text editor and then either search through till you find the entry OR if the editor supports it select find and then delete that entry.

I hope that helps.
Old 11 January 2013, 03:48   #83
clownstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Wow..... that long ago....... I may need some help.... know anyone whom has their WHDLoad sets up todate?

Yes you can, I would suggest opening the relevent <alphabet-character.guide> i.e. "c.guide" and with any amiga text editor and then either search through till you find the entry OR if the editor supports it select find and then delete that entry.

I hope that helps.
Yep, I noticed I can open and view the files on PC also, is it possible to edit them on the pc and they will still work?

--Edit--
Tried it last night and it works if you want to edit the files on PC first.

Last edited by clownstyle; 11 January 2013 at 10:03.
Old 07 April 2014, 17:52   #84
fgh

Hey Zetr0, I just noticed there is a merged WHDLoad collection (KillerGorilla + Retroplay) from January 2014 available here ftp://grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/WHD...Games_WHDLoad/.

Go for it!
Old 07 April 2014, 18:57   #85
Turran

Quote:
Hey Zetr0, I just noticed there is a merged WHDLoad collection (KillerGorilla + Retroplay) from January 2014 available here ftp://grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/WHD...Games_WHDLoad/.

Go for it!
I just put out update 2.1 for it as well, so its up to date up until today =)

I can probably update the guidefiles using bash in linux for the 2.1 pack if Zetr0 is not up to it. There are a few other launchers out there though...

Edit: I took the libery to make a bash script to update the guide files for AGLaunch so they match the 2.1 Games_WHDLoad and Games_WHDLoad_AGA packages =)
ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/Commodore_A...pdate_for_2.1/

Last edited by Turran; 08 April 2014 at 19:49.
Old 18 April 2014, 09:38   #86
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:

Go for it!
Those games work properly on a real Amiga if I unparck the rars with a pc (Windows7)? Any preferred unrar-software?

Last edited by emuola; 18 April 2014 at 09:49.
Old 18 April 2014, 11:10   #87
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I just put out update 2.1 for it as well, so its up to date up until today =)

I can probably update the guidefiles using bash in linux for the 2.1 pack if Zetr0 is not up to it. There are a few other launchers out there though...

Edit: I took the libery to make a bash script to update the guide files for AGLaunch so they match the 2.1 Games_WHDLoad and Games_WHDLoad_AGA packages =)
ftp://ftp:any@grandis.nu/Commodore_A...pdate_for_2.1/
A huge thanks for supporting this application, I am pleased that people still find a use for it =)

Its really good, and humbling, to see a community make something like this its own. I would love to update the system, when I get some time I would like to engage everyone's wants and needs =)
Old 23 December 2014, 05:11   #88
Pipmick2

IK+ in Retroplay's pack

Hi,

This is a superb piece of software - thanks for creating it!

One small issue though:

When I try to play 'International Karate+' through AGLaunch (I have edited the I-guide to reflect my game paths and all my other games seem to work great), it states it cannot find the game and brings up an error message that it can't find the file it needs, which is a file with a '+' missing from the end:

DH1:/Games/I/International Karate+/International Karate

Yet when I look at the edited i-guide and check the filenames it searches for in the folder location, they are correctly named with a '+', but there is no file named 'International Karate' (without the plus symbol). What's the problem with the script?

Is it because it can't recognise the + symbol at the end of the game name to match the file it is searching for? Basically the script misses the + off the error line for some reason and this seems to break the execution of the code / game. I have attached an image to help.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IK Issue.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	42520  

Old 23 December 2014, 11:17   #89
Gordon
Settler

I had this issue too. What I did was
1) go to the location of the game via the folders.
2) remove the "+" from the game name (icon view).
3) Right click the game icon, go to information, then remove the + from the part it points to the internationalkarate+.slave then save that.
4) change the folder views so it lists all files and folders. rename the slave file to internationalkarate.slave
5) then try running the game to see if it works. If all ok then update the iguide to reflect what you done.
Old 23 December 2014, 13:07   #90
Pipmick2

@Gordon:

That did it! Thankyou very much. If I have a similar issue in the future, I now know how I could also correct it again.

Thanks ever so much,

Pipmick

Old 23 December 2014, 14:14   #91
Neil79

Damn it, I thought a new WHDLOAD Launcher was released :/
Old 01 September 2015, 22:50   #92
Solo761

Sorry for resurrecting the thread .

I've made a small tool that can create guide files for AGLaunch. It consists of two parts, script file that is ran on amiga to create txt file with slave info and windows application that loads this list and creates guide files. Of course, you can edit names of each entry before you generate guide files. So far I it works OK.

https://16bitdust.wordpress.com/2015...files-creator/
Old 28 January 2016, 15:59   #93
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Solo761

Thank you for resurrecting this thread and this idea - so much so we need to update the credits for all contributors.

I cannot describe how humbling it is to see this concept taken and improved its a real smile that grows on ones face.

I think it would only be fair to draw a line under the alpha series and start with Solo's build for the Beta series.
Old 01 February 2016, 07:10   #94
TjLaZer

How can I get this to work on a vanilla WB 3.1 setup? I do not have Classic WB installed. I have an ACA500 with a boot CF card with WB 3.,1, and also a 4GB CF card on the AUX slot with all the WHDLoad games on it. I want to use that and not my SYS: I had a look over the guide and cannot seem to figure out how to get it all working.

edit- I figured it out. I had to copy the parm.library to my WB from the Classic WB package. Might want to add that to the archive.

Last edited by TjLaZer; 01 February 2016 at 07:42.
Old 08 May 2016, 06:18   #95
DesktopDynamite

Hi there,
I currently installed clean wb3.1 and Betterwb on top of it on an 8gb cf card. This to be run in a n A500 rev5 with kipper's a508 fastmem board.

Now I plan to use AG-Launch since I learned that this is the least RAM hungry resource front-end launcher in order to launch whdload games.

Questions: 1)after installing ag launch, can make it run upon booting the amiga via a mouse button selection? If so what entry should I add and where exactly?

2) Can you show me how to add whdload demos in the ag launch listing or they are automatically upadated? Would like also to include whdload crackthros.

Pardon me for my newbie questions or if they are already been answered...

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
Old 08 May 2016, 18:27   #96
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@DesktopDynamite

Hello and welcome to EAB!

You can download the 0.7c AGLaunch package from Aminet - its self contained and will run from any directory of your choice - you can write your own start up sequence that loads the bare minimum and AGLaunch

[ Show youtube player ]

I would humbly suggest an alternative to better workbench - to get you up and running quickly I would humbly suggest installing ClassicWorkbench 68k this will have AGLaunch installed alongside a few optional boot parameters - i.e. holding down the right mouse during boot will allow you to load directly into AGLaunch bypassing a lot of Workbench memory use.

You will still need to install WHDLoad games to your set up however =)
Old 09 May 2016, 09:38   #97
DesktopDynamite

Thanks Zetro for your help. I have installed whload games too as well.

But what about installing demos and other whload software? Will the categories update by themselves?

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
Old 09 May 2016, 09:59   #98
Gordon
Settler

No, they are pre-written files so you would need to update yourself. When you open up agload and you see A, B etc, these are all individual files. So in an text editor, you can open up A and edit it and add new lines.
Old 09 May 2016, 13:54   #99
fgh

One way is to edit the files yourself.
I've done this, but only for the front page. (Added some favourite games below the A-Z buttons)

Another is to download the entire whdload game sets from this thread.
Turrans game packs up to v2.3 have AGLaunch files included for the full game sets.

And finally you can use Solo761's tool to generate AGLaunch files for any game set.

Edit: It's possible to set up any workbench (including BetterWB) so that AG-Launch will be launched by pressing a button during boot.
You need a small program called Getmouseinput, and set it up in s:startup-sequence. If you have a look at any classicWB install you can probably figure out how it works.

Last edited by fgh; 09 May 2016 at 14:02.
Old 09 May 2016, 14:51   #100
TEOL

1) I would imagine the easiest way to update your Classic WB to update this and the WHDLoad too if you are out of date by years is to install the Classic WB Latest version into your Win/FS-UAE's hard drive folder.

2) Save the files as folders onto your CF Card.

3) Drag them into your Workbench Petition and ask it to copy over the existing files.

It would be really annoying if to upgrade your Classic WB you have to put in Workbench Disks again and unpack them again only to find out they have wear and tear and no longer work.

There has to be a better way of doing it and that was probably it but I dare try it until I know it works as a definitive method.

Plus I don't have a CF slot yet anyway due to new computers going SD size only but if and when I do get an external reader for those cards I would like to know if it works updating that way.
AdSense AdSense