English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 July 2002, 00:16   #21
Pete

Thanks for the link Fred! Very helpful! Also I need to Add Akira to the list as far as 'people who's Mac opinion I trust over everymac's

Now all I gotta do is read and figure out if I can save the game installs... Sargon is kinda cool as I used to play it on PC.

AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 July 2002, 09:28   #22
Akira

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
Akira: maybe they can cross train languages while they play
Sure
Quote:
I looked at the everymac site for the specs and they claim 7.6.1 will run on it
I say that's a load of bollocks. Every user on its right mind knows 7.1 is the max I dont even think something bigger than that will install!
Quote:
She knows how to run some games now (Sargon being one) so I'll have to consider the danger of os replacement.
I have Tetris. It's mucho fun! Let me know if you want it

By the way, I find no downloads at LowEnd Mac... Where the hell are they??
Old 31 July 2002, 19:35   #23
jmmijo

I think LowEndMac is just for info on older MAC machines, no dowloads AFAIK
Old 31 July 2002, 20:03   #24
Pete

It does supply some good links to downloads... for example to has a direct link to Apple's OS downloads.

Akira: Cool! Send it my way! I've got two sorta Tetris like games for it now: Dropper 1.1, Columns. I'm not sure what the status of these games are (commercial, shareware, freeware, don't-care-ware). I guess searching the web will let me know

Installed games list: Darts 1.5, Columns, Dropper 1.1, Flip It, Flipper, Sargon III, Klondike, Glider +3.1.2, Macpente v3.2, Mac Pong, Nuke Snake 1.1, Macman 2.0, 10 Title Puzzle 1.11, Jack, Solitaire, Mac Ninja 3.0, Video Poker For Fun!, Gobbler 1.0.3, Raquette Ball. Some of these are really common, some kid stuff. Neat that there's so much... not so neat that I'll probably lose the better stuff on a reinstall.

Old 31 July 2002, 21:19   #25
Akira

If you need them too, I have OS 7.01 and 7.1, in english. And OS6.something in english too, methinks.

I'll up tetris to the zone ASAP! Have you got the PC Exchange extension loaded into the Mac? You can take it from OS7.5 and chuck it in an older OS, will work a treat
Old 31 July 2002, 21:46   #26
Pete

Thanks a bunch Akira! No need for the OS yet... Apple actually makes it easy to get I'll probably dl 6.x.x from them. Thanks for the tip on the pcxfer.... I'll need that lots at first. No networking for this puppy.

Old 31 July 2002, 23:58   #27
Akira

Yeah, you need to get a Performa 200 if you want an Appletalk port. The Performa 200 is a Classic 2 with Appletalk and shittier components :P Alternatively, get a cool SE/30. All you need then is a farallon Ethernet transceiver. Works like an Appletalk to Ethernet conversor and as a mini hub too if you get the dual port model!

Anyway, to get the PCExchange program onto the Classic, this is what I did:

Loaded up Fusion. I had a System 7.5 hardfile lying around.
Inserted a disk, formatted it in Mac format.
Copied the PCExchange extension onto it.

Loaded the disk into the Classy.
Copied the Extension into the extensions folder
Resetted.
It worked!

Mind you, I'm running 7.01, perhaps this 7.5 extension wont work on 6.x but I doubt it. Try it out!
Old 02 August 2002, 00:11   #28
Akira

Pete!

Spectrum Holobyte's Tetris is in The Zone for your Classic II!
Old 02 August 2002, 00:43   #29
Pete

Thumbs up

Mucho gracias Akira!

Btw, long ago and far away I was down in BA. ~1994 or so. Pretty nice place in a lot of respects I didn't get to see a whole lot but it was fun (was down there working for my company). I still have a couple pesos. As well I still remember the traffic down there It was like here but on speed

Old 02 August 2002, 02:33   #30
RetroMan

Hey This threads reminds me, that I just bought a NUBUS Networking Card for my MAC IIsi so I will get them into my little network here soon

Btw. be sure to check out SimCity for 68k Mac, itīs nearly the best version out there (far better than the PeCe one )
Old 02 August 2002, 04:12   #31
Akira

Quote:
Originally posted by RetroMan
Btw. be sure to check out SimCity for 68k Mac, itīs nearly the best version out there (far better than the PeCe one )
Yep, but that one doesnt work on B/W Macs, methinks I tried already
I also have lemmings, Doom and others for 68k Macs, but all for color. I need to get my IISI over here! (or buy a monitor for the Powermac 8100/80!)

No prob Pete, hope you enjoy it And if you ever come down here again, you know you can visit my museum BTW those pesos are worth shite today
Old 02 August 2002, 06:42   #32
Pete

Thanks for the idea Retroman but as Akira noted I have a lowly black and white screen Not that I'm complaining... I got it for less than a song

I will make sure to drop by your museum should I be down again some day. (Or would a southern hemisphere'er say 'up here' )

Btw it appears to be running 7.1 believe it or not... with all of 4meg physical memory. I was going to take the cover off and see if I could add memory (have some 30 pin memory here in 1 and 4 meg sizes) but discovered I need an ultra long torx 10

Old 02 August 2002, 09:14   #33
Akira

You better try and get a hold of one, because you should replace/remove the battery inside your Classic I Ibefore it leaks!

It's of the awful NiCad sausage type Extremely...errr... leakery!

I think you can put up to 8MB in two slots.

BTW I'm moving the thread, it's got to do with retrogaming!
Old 02 August 2002, 18:04   #34
Pete

Oh crap-a-zoid :eek Another machine with that mistake of a battery! Well... I think I've got a pc lithium battery clip and another diode around... time for a another hack mode

Old 02 August 2002, 22:37   #35
Akira

That would be very smart of you, since some settings depend on the battery to be there (like mouse speed and screen brightness, if i remember correctly).
AdSense AdSense