English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 April 2013, 17:04   #1921
BarryB
Amigaholic

Will there be a user guide for this tool? Don't want to Fiddle about with settings that could potentially cause damage
AdSense AdSense  
Old 01 April 2013, 17:44   #1922
chocolate_boy

This better not be an April fool! lol

Downloading now
Old 01 April 2013, 18:44   #1923
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Send a message via Skype™ to mfilos
LOL it could be!
Old 01 April 2013, 18:52   #1924
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
LOL it could be!
How do I flash it back to its "default settings" ? LOL
Old 01 April 2013, 18:54   #1925
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Didnt do didly squat for my sony, samsung and LG monitors.. sticking with svideo until its fixed
I have chosen totally different modes for each screenmode, and I have tested them on a 1280x1024 flat screen. There must be at least one mode (for example PAL non-lace) that your monitors can display! If they all refuse to work, you should check cabling and your screenmode files: Are they edited? Can you retry with the screenmode files from the original WB disks?

There's lots of positive feedback from other users on a1k, and my only monitor that had problems now also works. Not a single monitor working at your place must be some other fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
The "default" is stored in the three prefs-files that come in the archive. If you think you have done a change that was "better before", you can (currently) only copy these three files to ENV: and ENVARC:, restart the tool and then klick on "reflash all". This will also flash the cores with the highest version number that's found in the devs:Indivision directory (only one public version at the moment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Will there be a user guide for this tool? Don't want to Fiddle about with settings that could potentially cause damage
The worst thing that can happen to a TFT/flat screen is that it displays something like "incompatible mode". Only the early multisync monitors can be damaged by sync frequencies that are out of their compatible range. However, I'd expect that those monitors have removed themselves from the gene pool by now :-)
After the worst bugs have been removed, I'll write a few words about every setting and put that online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarobbo View Post
The install script need to have the 'script' box ticked for it to work.
Correct - and it has that bit set if you unpack it on the Amiga. Only if you use some other OS to unpack the files and copy them to the Amiga through some other way, you need to set the S-bit with the shell command:

Code:
protect Install +s
Jens

Last edited by Schoenfeld; 01 April 2013 at 19:09.
Old 01 April 2013, 19:08   #1926
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I have chosen totally different modes for each screenmode, and I have tested them on a 1280x1024 flat screen. There must be at least one mode (for example PAL non-lace) that your monitors can display! If they all refuse to work, you should check cabling and your screenmode files: Are they edited? Can you retry with the screenmode files from the original WB disks?

There's lots of positive feedback from other users on a1k, and my only monitor that had problems now also works. Not a single monitor working at your place must be some other fault.

The "default" is stored in the three prefs-files that come in the archive. If you think you have done a change that was "better before", you can (currently) only copy these three files to ENV: and ENVARC:, restart the tool and then klick on "reflash all". This will also flash the cores with the highest version number that's found in the devs:Indivision directory (only one public version at the moment).

The worst thing that can happen to a TFT/flat screen is that it displays something like "incompatible mode". Only the early multisync monitors can be damaged by sync frequencies that are out of their compatible range. However, I'd expect that those monitors have removed themselves from the gene pool by now :-)
After the worst bugs have been removed, I'll write a few words about every setting and put that online.

Jens
The only thing i got it to dispaly was a squished image of the workbench, no games will display in either pal or NTSC mode. I don't see a button that says "reflash all" ? I have never played with the display files, i don't know enough to play with them so i leve them alone
Old 01 April 2013, 19:10   #1927
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
The only thing i got it to dispaly was a squished image of the workbench, no games will display in either pal or NTSC mode. I don't see a button that says "reflash all" ?
It's not a button, it's an item in the drop-down menu. You get those when you hold down your right mouse button and hover over the screen's top line.

Jens
Old 01 April 2013, 19:34   #1928
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I agree =) Cant see anything. Can boot to shell on tv but if I change highgfx interlaced back to 1024x768 60hz and hit save, I still get nothing on reboot, where as that resolution worked before.

Edit: Managed to mess up badly. Could not get back the good picture I had before no matter what I tried. Finally tried the old IvMK2flash.lha flash tool (beta?) and it restored it back to what it was =)

Last edited by Turran; 01 April 2013 at 20:01.
Old 01 April 2013, 19:43   #1929
amigarobbo

Quote:

Correct - and it has that bit set if you unpack it on the Amiga. Only if you use some other OS to unpack the files and copy them to the Amiga through some other way, you need to set the S-bit with the shell command:

Code:
protect Install +s
Jens
Eh? Downloaded on a 1200, ran the command

lha x MK2_CFG.LHA

That was it.
Old 01 April 2013, 20:01   #1930
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
You can use mine anyway.

I don't understand how is that if I'm using HigGFX 1024x768 and the other screens 800x600 (games, etc), my booting picture is shown in 1280x1024, and wrong (must be the same squished image of kipper2k)

I'm going to try booting AmigaSYS to see if hapens the same with the booting picture.

And glad you told where the Reflash all was. I thought I was going blind.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 April 2013 at 10:58.
Old 01 April 2013, 20:21   #1931
Turran

Is there a different version for the A4000 Indivision AGA MKII? Cause it works just fine on my A1200. On the A4000, I get a squished picture.
Old 01 April 2013, 20:55   #1932
d0pefish

Excellent work So far so good over here:

Old 01 April 2013, 22:14   #1933
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Is there a different version for the A4000 Indivision AGA MKII? Cause it works just fine on my A1200. On the A4000, I get a squished picture.
The tool is the same for both versions (circuit of the two products is identical!). Must be something funny with your monitor (-settings).

Jens
Old 01 April 2013, 22:19   #1934
Turran

Yes, you're right. It works fine, although a little bit off, with the default core.

The 1200 monitor is spot on though, in the 3 resolutions that I use (PAL, PAL Interlace and HighGFX 1024x768).
Old 01 April 2013, 22:26   #1935
Art

Quote:

Code:
protect Install +s
Jens
Jens, good job I have reinstalled the config tool and unzipped the files on real Amiga (first try on WinUAE) and now it works like magic! Before, in HighGFX my monitor would turn off after a few mins. Now it stays on.
Xtreme 1280x1024 works great too
http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/Ar...50086.jpg.html
Games run in PAL 800x600. The only resolution I couldn't make full screen was SuperPlus but that doesn't matter as I wanted HighGFX anyways. Thanks again!

Art
Old 01 April 2013, 22:26   #1936
lukassid

d0pefish nice setup Son
Old 01 April 2013, 22:40   #1937
keropi

I tried the new tool, did the "reflash all" thing and it completed OK. But I have problems, either the picture is bigger than the screen or it is a little window in the middle.

I use a 1280x1024 SyncMaster 931BF monitor with kipper2k's hdmi adapter and a hdmi->dvd-d cable plugged in the dvi-d input of the monitor.

Here are the monitor's supporter resolutions:

and here is PAL High Res displayed on a 1280x1024/75 screen:

more detail:

and the resolution's specs, there is no 135mhz pixel clock (don't know if it is relevant, tried to make my own resolution from a copy of the default but still could not get 135mhz)

and here is PAL High Res Laced on the 1280x1024/75hz preset:

notice how much it crops from left and right and the most at bottom:

and this is what happens in PAL High Res when you turn Lines to OFF (it shows a strip image...)

HighGFX Super-High Res Laced looks fine on the default 1024x768/60hz screen, occupies all screen space without cropping but it flashes when for example you choose an icon from the workbench (ie a HDD icon)
Old 01 April 2013, 23:07   #1938
Turran

Same thing basically on my Samsung SyncMaster 245B. Either too small or too big.
Old 01 April 2013, 23:16   #1939
kipper2k

I'm glad i am not alone. The only thing that semi works for me is the previous trial image on my Benq monitor (and not others) but that is off centre and doesn't fit the entire screen. The new drivers causes graphics glitches, out of range, squished screen, colour distortion and picture dropoffs so overll, not a good day.
Old 01 April 2013, 23:17   #1940
demolition
Unregistered User

I managed to make it look decent on my monitor in both PAL and HighGFX, however the green shift remains, and I can't seem to get rid of it in any way with the current tool.

For PAL I use 800x600@60Hz with lines at 50%. The MkII won't do any stretching except doubling, so it's important to choose the right output resolution to avoid big black borders. If I do 1280x1024 output with PAL modes, you can't avoid it becoming too small..
AdSense AdSense