English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 25 July 2012, 19:55   #1561
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Didn't say you or anyone else were bitching, I merely stated for it to NOT turn into a bitching session, that's all.
have we both had shitty days or something? :P you're pre-empting a bitchfest and I'm pre-empting it by being on the defensive

Quote:
You also have various options regards the Indi AGA MKII:

1. Wait until the config tool is released.
indeed. and i intend to because frankly i'm sat on over £1300 of amiga here if i were to part with it, and i dont plan on doing that anytime soon

Quote:
2. Take the matter up with Jens directly.
as he's a regular poster here, it was the logical choice

Quote:
3. Return the product as 'not fit for purpose' seeing as functionality is missing and you've been waiting longer than you think is reasonably acceptable.
read above comment on the value of keeping it

Quote:
4. Sell it on AmiBench/Amibay/eBay
no chance

Quote:
5. It's obviously faulty so I'll take it off you hands for just the cost of the postage to me
even less chance than my response above

nice try though
AdSense AdSense  
Old 25 July 2012, 21:28   #1562
N-Ed

Quote:
Didn't say you or anyone else were bitching, I merely stated for it to NOT turn into a bitching session, that's all.

You also have various options regards the Indi AGA MKII:

1. Wait until the config tool is released.
2. Take the matter up with Jens directly.
3. Return the product as 'not fit for purpose' seeing as functionality is missing and you've been waiting longer than you think is reasonably acceptable.
4. Sell it on AmiBench/Amibay/eBay
5. It's obviously faulty so I'll take it off you hands for just the cost of the postage to me
6. Get a new monitor, LG Flatron MG2350D maybe
7. Enjoy scart while waiting for the software.
8. If above is not an option, RF?
Old 25 July 2012, 21:40   #1563
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
have we both had shitty days or something? :P
Probably! Group Hugs anyone?
Old 25 July 2012, 22:45   #1564
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Probably! Group Hugs anyone?
Old 27 July 2012, 04:24   #1565
jimbob

How are these on CRTs? I could soon be getting my first ever A1200 and obviously this will become an object of desire. I love the indiECS though it is also not without its problems but they are quirks rather than what seems to be quite serious trouble some of you are having with these.
Old 27 July 2012, 08:43   #1566
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
How are these on CRTs? I could soon be getting my first ever A1200 and obviously this will become an object of desire. I love the indiECS though it is also not without its problems but they are quirks rather than what seems to be quite serious trouble some of you are having with these.
My Indi ECS works perfect with every screen I tested it with.

My Indi AGA MkII works nice via DVI-HDMI on my Toshiba LCD but the native screens are still pushed to one side, not a big deal as it's a 16x9 screen.

Otherwise the image is sharp and clear.
Old 27 July 2012, 18:21   #1567
jimbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
My Indi ECS works perfect with every screen I tested it with.

My Indi AGA MkII works nice via DVI-HDMI on my Toshiba LCD but the native screens are still pushed to one side, not a big deal as it's a 16x9 screen.

Otherwise the image is sharp and clear.
Yep my indiECS works properly on all screens I've tried, just sometimes has a problem getting into or staying in the 50Hz mode.

I would be using the MkII on a CRT via VGA. Anyone using this set up wit no issues? I haven't really been following this thread since I don't have a 1200 yet but I recall seeing something about an experimental screenmode that could damage a CRT?
Old 29 July 2012, 03:39   #1568
Mr B

I've been using a OLD IBM CRT. (I mean like "holy crap, that thing has got to be 15 years old, don't you ever dust it of" old) IBM 6517 U7N. Worked perfectly with the Indi. However, it's been a part of my diagnostics center for about 15 years, and it was time to get updated. Mostly to cut back on electricity, and hence heat-generation in the work/play area. So it got replaced with a DELL E173FP. This has the added benefit that i can relocate the UPS from the floor next to the rack cabinet, and in to it, behind the monitor. I'll have to go through the cabling madness tomorrow, but it makes the darn thing slightly mobile again. (You need a forklift to get it anywhere far, but to be able to vacuum the floor is nice...)

The DELL has the same vertical banding artifact as others have reported. Hardly noticeable in most games, but then, i'm running a stock config, no extra drivers, or anything. I'm not going to complain about the lack of configuration utilities, the point of my post is to state that the IBM CRT screen (IBM 6517 U7N) works flawlessly, and for a dedicated Amiga system it could be a good choice with it's integrated sound, where as the DELL E173FP, at least for now, is a bad choice.
Old 29 July 2012, 09:47   #1569
jimbob

Thanks MrB. I'm one step closer to pulling the trigger
Old 03 August 2012, 11:54   #1570
Riempie
Amiga freak

I don't know if this post belongs in the Indy thread or in the ACA thread but my problem for now is that I can't run super highres resolutions on my A1200's (gfx distortions after +/- 10 or 20 mintues).

I thought I had solved my gfx-distortion issue but I probably just had a lucky evening.

Here's the thing:
1x A1200 rev 2B (NOS) with timing fixes, Indy MK2, Fan on top of Indy, Heatsink on Alice
1x A1200 rev 1D4 no timing fixes, Indy MK2, Fan on top of Indy, Heatsink on Alice

I have 3 ACA cards (1230 28mhz, 1230 56mhz and 1231 42 mhz)

In my tests I only tried the 56mhz and 42 mhz cards.

Test with ACA 1231 42mhz

rev 1D4, super hires laced, ACA 1231 42 mhz, ACATune 1.5e: gfx corruptions, unstable
rev 1D4, hires laced, ACA 1231 42 mhz, ACATune 1.5e: stable
rev 2B, ACA 1231 42 mhz, ACATune 1.5e: amiga hangs at startup. Reset results in purple insert disc screen
rev 2B, super hires laced, ACA 1231 42 mhz, ACATune 1.02b5: Amiga boots, gfx corruptions and ACAtune version doesn't support ACA-card.

Conclusion for rev 2B and ACA 1231 42 mhz: no working combination possible.
Conclusion for rev 1D4 and ACA 1231 42 mhz: no super highres resolution possible.

Test with ACA 1230 56mhz

rev 2B, timing fixes, ACA 1230 56 mhz, ACATune 1.5e: amiga hangs at startup. Reset results in purple insert disc screen
rev 2B, timing fixes, super hires laced, ACA 1230 56 mhz, ACATune 1.02b5: gfx corruptions, unstable
rev 2B, timing fixes, hires laced, ACA 1230 56mhz, ACATune 1.02b5: stable

Conclusion for rev 2B and ACA 1230 56mhz: no super highres resolution possible

Still to test further: rev 1D4 and ACA 1230 56mhz, but already know it has gfx issues with super pal high res laced.

This must be a weak chipset problem (as discussed in this forum before) although it's strange both ACA cards doesn't seem to work with ACATune 1.5e on my rev 2B motherboard. (this problem probably belongs in the ACA thread)

I've read that a cooler on Alice might help, but as I've placed a heatsink this doen't seem to work for me.

So: Is the only solution for me now to try the fix mentioned in this post? http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=1009

Has anybody else solved the problem of a weak chipset and super highres resolutions resulting in gfx distortions? I've searched this thread carefully but haven't found a real solution yet.

If it's allowed I might even drive over to Vesalia to help me out and bring my whole setup to them I would even pay for a fix (I'm not capable of it). I'm not very keen to send my setup to Amigakit (bought the Indy and 56mhz card from them) or Vesalia (bought the 42mhz card from them) by post.

I can imagine everybody is getting tired of all these posts about these/my issues, so if that's the case then I'm sorry
Old 03 August 2012, 13:12   #1571
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I have the idea that we can't be sure of problems of graphic corruptions as long as the core update won't be released. How can you be sure if your problem is a necessary timing fix or the 1k fix if perhaps it is just a problem with your monitor and a software update?
Old 03 August 2012, 13:51   #1572
duga

Are you sure you have a good power supply? Is it connected to a grounded wall socket?
Old 03 August 2012, 15:40   #1573
Riempie
Amiga freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I have the idea that we can't be sure of problems of graphic corruptions as long as the core update won't be released. How can you be sure if your problem is a necessary timing fix or the 1k fix if perhaps it is just a problem with your monitor and a software update?
I'm not sure what's causing this, but I assumed a weak chipset is the cause reading the answers from Jens in this thread. But if something else is causing this, then it's completely a black box for me (and probably everyone else).

As for the power supply. I have a 300 watt power supply but connected to a multiple socket (don't know how it's called in english). I'll try to connect the powersupply to a grounded wall socket.
Old 03 August 2012, 15:50   #1574
duga

Do you have a multimeter? The power supply should deliver +5 Volt +/- 5% (4,75-5,25 Volt).
Old 03 August 2012, 16:03   #1575
Riempie
Amiga freak

I don't have a multimeter
Old 04 August 2012, 14:53   #1576
NovaCoder

Jens,

Any ETA on the long awaited firmware update?
Old 04 August 2012, 15:01   #1577
BarryB
Amigaholic

I guess he's too busy with other projects now to bother with this
Old 04 August 2012, 20:29   #1578
Mr B

I'm not entirely sure, but i think he's got help making the code, while he works new hardware projects.
Old 06 August 2012, 13:16   #1579
lolof

He should finish this first. Respect to the buyer !
This take a long time now.... I regret to have bought it! Almost useless without a proper monitor. Sorry to say that but I think someone has to tell what most buyer are probably thinking... I will never buy sometning from ecs again, this is not really fair. No information is a miss of respect to poeple waiting for the dvi output to work properly. I understand that all of this is beta but common........ This was my first and last product from this guy. We paid each much money for this product and we have the right to have some good information. It's not that he is working for free on the project!

Last edited by lolof; 06 August 2012 at 13:29.
Old 06 August 2012, 21:28   #1580
BarryB
Amigaholic

Hey, lolof, you're just down the road from Jens so why not nip round and knock on his door and ask him what's going on!!
AdSense AdSense