is there any settings on your monitor to alter

some games are shifted to the right

there is a flash to move it more to left
AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 July 2012, 02:31   #1542
seb132
Happy Life

Send a message via MSN to seb132 Send a message via Yahoo to seb132
No I'm using the cable also developped by keeper2k and I made the sound modification of the mobo...
Old 07 July 2012, 02:36   #1543
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

if using kipper2ks adapter it is hdmi

have you got these back to front

1) HDMI: lots of vertical stripes are visible with the HDMI output which enters into the TV throgh VGA with HDMI/VGA adaptor. Centering of the picture is acceptable in 4:3 mode

2) DVI: with keeper2k adaptor board and special cable my screen remains black and TV asks for a signal. Doesn't work at all...
Old 07 July 2012, 03:46   #1544
seb132
Happy Life

LOL, yeah, I mixed the 2 names. HDMI instead of DVI and vice-versa.

Problem remains. Spent some time on WinUAE to install a WB 3.1 + 68060 libraries, etc and SuperPlus driver... Still no signal on the HDMI numeric output.

But WB is much bigger now on SCART output.
Old 07 July 2012, 12:31   #1545
Mr B

Try the original connector, and a DVI to VGA (Analog) adaptor, just to see if everything is working as it should. It seams "most" regular monitors will work with the analog output, while not all TV's will. Try a few just to make sure that the lines and whatnot aren't artifacts of the indivision, but the current state of the configuration.
Old 07 July 2012, 12:51   #1546
seb132
Happy Life

Thanks Mr B and Johnim. Here is where I'm standing, so far with my Samsung LCD TV.

1) DVI+VGA adapter : SuperPlus 800x600 works but picture is not only poor, it's just unusable. Uncentred, with many vertical stripes, terrible.

... Didn't try other monitors like Xtreme or HighGFX... will do but so far Indi AGA mk2 is even worse than a simple SCART plugged on the RGB direct output of the Amiga (apart from the slight flickering wave occuring every 10 seconds and captured on the close-up below) :

2) HDMI: no signal at all.

I was about to be very disapointed when I decided to test on my small NEC multisync LCD 1550M that I just bought in USA, and I must admit the picture I get is very very neat with DVI+VGA adapter.

Problem is how frustrating not to be able yet to have the neat installation that I want on a modern little LCD TV (bought on purpose!), with A600+IndiECS on VGA input and A1200+IndiAGAmk2 on HDMI input.

Conclusion : like a lot of people, I'll have to wait for the new core + configuration software... and hope !

But so far I have a great waiting solution with both the A600 and the A1200 connected with a VGA switch on the NEC. Only drawback is I have to launch an automatic centring adjustment each time I switch between the two machines (but it's quick). Not too bad in the end.

Off topic but here is a picture of the A600 with IndiECS running 256 colours with latest drivers:

Last edited by seb132; 07 July 2012 at 13:01.
Old 12 July 2012, 00:42   #1547
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry, I've forgot. Is there an estimated date for the first release of the core update?
Old 12 July 2012, 02:29   #1548
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb132 View Post
I was about to be very disapointed when I decided to test on my small NEC multisync LCD 1550M that I just bought in USA, and I must admit the picture I get is very very neat with DVI+VGA adapter.
Being a multisync, do you have the possibility to hook the monitor straight to the Amiga RGB? NEC Multisync had, for quite some time, the most amazing compatibility with the Amiga. However, i don't know, and i sort of doubt it, if newer monitors still works out of the box. But then again, i haven't had the option to test any.

Last edited by Mr B; 12 July 2012 at 02:29. Reason: Old habits...
Old 19 July 2012, 14:42   #1549
Riempie
Amiga freak

Finally it's seems I've got 2 stable A1200's (rev 1D4 and 2B). No more graphic corruptions. I've put an 80mm fan in them which fit nicely even with the lid closed. This is also possible because of the angled CF-IDE adapter I bought from Kipper2K. The 40mm fans I bought from amigakit couldn't handle the job. But in my rev2b A1200 I still need one 40mm fan which I've put underneath the ACA 56mhz card (fan is not shown on the picture).

In my rev 1D4 with ACA 28mhz card the 80mm fan alone is good enough.

This 80mm fan doesn't make a lot of noise.
http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/silent-eagle-se

I don't know if the heatsinks are still necessary, but I decided not to remove them because everything seems to be stable now (running for 3 hours)...

Btw: rev 2b has timing fixes, rev 1d4 has not.

Old 20 July 2012, 22:13   #1550
Schoenfeld
electricky.

I have recieved a cheap TFT monitor this week that shows the "stripes" problem on the analogue VGA input. It appears like this monitor reacts to the open DVI signals on the cable. I'll try to disable the digital outputs with a special core that you guys can flash, so only analogue output will be enabled.

If this helps for more than one customer, it'll be a config-option.

Jens
Old 20 July 2012, 23:08   #1551
BarryB
Amigaholic

I have a similar problem Jens. I use an AOC 19W VGA monitor that displays those vertical stripes so getting rid of them will be a relief!
Old 21 July 2012, 03:16   #1552
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Yeah same on my not cheap Samsung LCD/TV using DVI to VGA adapter...

For comparison... this is Indy 4000 mk1:

And this is Indy 4000 mk2 (vertical bars show here as well)
Old 25 July 2012, 14:51   #1553
diablothe2nd

Is there any news of the software updates? I parted money for this thing FOUR months ago and I'm still unable to use it at all.
Old 25 July 2012, 15:24   #1554
squidbass

Ditto.

I guess Jens has so many projects on the go. Still that's no excuse. With the 6 different monitors I have the Mk2 does not work satisfactorily with any of them.
Old 25 July 2012, 16:24   #1555
N-Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
Is there any news of the software updates? I parted money for this thing FOUR months ago and I'm still unable to use it at all.
As the diplomatic Swede I am i'll translate a Swedish proverb...
"When waiting for something good, you can never wait to long"

Worst proverb ever, imho. Would be upset if my LG Led screen wouldn't work near perfection, as it does now. Found a Benq screen down in the basement that someone threw away, and that worked as well. So tried 2 screens and both work, luck of the Swedes i guess
Old 25 July 2012, 17:24   #1556
BarryB
Amigaholic

Probably best to email Jens/Individual Computers directly if people are not satisfied with the delay, we're all waiting for the config tool but turning the thread into a bitching session probably won't help anything!
Old 25 July 2012, 17:29   #1557
diablothe2nd

who said anything about bitching? waiting 4 months for an update when your product doesn't work at all with what you have and not saying a thing is darned patient if you ask me :P

we all understood it would be released "working" but "incomplete". unfortunately some of us are unlucky enough to have never seen it working on their monitors. I guess my "FOUR Months" comment is just to highlight that we have indeed been waiting patiently that long for something to work, which doesn't. This thread went a bit quiet as I guess no one's heard anything.

was merely an observation, friend
Old 25 July 2012, 17:32   #1558
Yarc

So frustrating to have the device but not the software. However, I would rather wait for working software than a partially working version which might only confuse matters.
Old 25 July 2012, 19:20   #1559
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I don't see any problem in "Jens" making other projects. He's not alone making all the work, although I don't know either who is working in the core update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Truth is: I'm not the only developer of Indivision AGA MK2. I did the hardware and the board-bringup, I made the CPLD code and the logic architecture. The flickerfixer code inside of the FPGA is re-done from scratch by Peter Wendrich (of Chameleon fame). Not a single line of code of the old model has made it into the new one, because the hardware is just too different.

The FPGA contains maybe 10% of my code and 90% of Peter's code, where my code does all the board-related timing (CPLD communication, flash communication, clock phase settings, DVI encoder init/communication and stuff). Since this is all very Amiga-specific, it was clearly my domain, because even if Peter has an Amiga history as a programmer, he doesn't know that many details about the AGA chipset communication.

Jens
Old 25 July 2012, 19:43   #1560
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
who said anything about bitching? waiting 4 months for an update when your product doesn't work at all with what you have and not saying a thing is darned patient if you ask me :P

we all understood it would be released "working" but "incomplete". unfortunately some of us are unlucky enough to have never seen it working on their monitors. I guess my "FOUR Months" comment is just to highlight that we have indeed been waiting patiently that long for something to work, which doesn't. This thread went a bit quiet as I guess no one's heard anything.

was merely an observation, friend
Didn't say you or anyone else were bitching, I merely stated for it to NOT turn into a bitching session, that's all.

You also have various options regards the Indi AGA MKII:

1. Wait until the config tool is released.
2. Take the matter up with Jens directly.
3. Return the product as 'not fit for purpose' seeing as functionality is missing and you've been waiting longer than you think is reasonably acceptable.
4. Sell it on AmiBench/Amibay/eBay
5. It's obviously faulty so I'll take it off you hands for just the cost of the postage to me
AdSense AdSense