English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 April 2012, 21:46   #561
RMK

Jens,

Can you confirm that there will be another run after this batch which is currently being sold?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 April 2012, 03:32   #562
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@TreacleWench @PulsatingQuasar

Thank you very much for the orders!
Amigakit, I dont believe in pre orders how many unit will be available for purchase after the pre orders go out? Thanks

Also, will I be able to display PAL on my North American LCD? I have flicker fixer here that shows NTSC and NTSC Laced perfectly but WILL NOT show PAL..??
Old 16 April 2012, 11:02   #563
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Send a message via Skype™ to mfilos
Seriously... why you tend to ask questions about units and availability?

If you're interested just go an buy some. If you'r not then it's ok.
Jens said in the past, that he's not announcing unit volumes, and I believe AmigaKit isn't as well.

All the units that were preordered will be delivered just fine as always. AmigaKit wouldn't certainly take preorders that couldn't fulfill.
Old 16 April 2012, 11:47   #564
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
The monitor I want to use the MK2 with doesnt work in PAL mode with a dce flicker fixer (but ntsc is fine) will I be able to use this tft with mk2 in PAL mode?
Yes, that will work. Indivision AGA MK2 has a fully asyncronous framebuffer that allows us to create almost any output frequency from almost any input frequency. This has been one of the strong selling points of the MK1 design, and the MK2 design has that same property. Further, your DCE flickerfixer does not show SHires properly (skips every other pixel), and it also cuts away a few colours. You won't see any of that on the new flickerfixer: It supports Superhires (1280 pixel-wide screens) and it supports the full 24 bit colour range. On top of that, you have HighGFX with even bigger screens like HD720. Your Amiga has a whole new appearance with such a high resolution, and you have all-new possibilities if you look at the available screenmodes in your screenmode prefs: Try DblPAL or Productivity modes on your DCE flickerfixer. AFAIK, it fails badly, but Indivision AGA will show them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK View Post
Can you confirm that there will be another run after this batch which is currently being sold?
I cannot even tell if the current batch will sell out, so why would I think of another production run?

Quote:
Amigakit, I dont believe in pre orders how many unit will be available for purchase after the pre orders go out?
I don't release information about quantities, not even to resellers, so there's no point asking them. Everybody knows that I don't have the money to make huge production runs, so this kind of hardware will always stay low-quantity. Flickerfixers have always been a good investment in the past; even the MK1 design sells for more than the original retail price at the auction house with the colourful letters.

Jens
Old 16 April 2012, 12:05   #565
stachu100

Send a message via Skype™ to stachu100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
even the MK1 design sells for more than the original retail price at the auction house with the colourful letters.
Because Indi AGA IS a good hardware for good computers. :-)
Most people are always ready to pay high price for good product.
Thanks Jens for your work!
Old 16 April 2012, 12:48   #566
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
It supports Superhires (1280 pixel-wide screens) and it supports the full 24 bit colour range. On top of that, you have HighGFX with even bigger screens like HD720. Your Amiga has a whole new appearance with such a high resolution, and you have all-new possibilities if you look at the available screenmodes in your screenmode prefs: Try DblPAL or Productivity modes on your DCE flickerfixer. AFAIK, it fails badly, but Indivision AGA will show them.
Ok great. Because a lot of demos are PAL only and some games too. Native resolution for this monitor is 1680x1050 would I be able to run close to that in widescreen or is it blurry? I'd really like to run widescreen mode to show off HAM8 graphics.

One question I have i'm confused about is when the MK2 display is active on the lcd monitor is the Amiga's RGB video output blacked out or does it show the screenmode in mirrored mode if its a supported mode? (if that makes sense)

Quote:

I don't release information about quantities, not even to resellers, so there's no point asking them. Everybody knows that I don't have the money to make huge production runs, so this kind of hardware will always stay low-quantity. Flickerfixers have always been a good investment in the past; even the MK1 design sells for more than the original retail price at the auction house with the colourful letters.

Jens
Jens, thanks for the honest reply. Congratulations on coming close to your production run on this project, its been a long road!
Old 16 April 2012, 12:57   #567
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Ok great. Because a lot of demos are PAL only and some games too. Native resolution for this monitor is 1680x1050 would I be able to run close to that in widescreen or is it blurry? I'd really like to run widescreen mode to show off HAM8 graphics.
The monitor will most likely stretch the picture. As discussed on a technical level a few pages back, Indivision AGA MK2 cannot output that high resolution, so your monitor will scale the picture. The amount of "blurrying" depends on the quality of that scaling algorithm. Please note (one more time) that the initial firmware will not support all output modes, and we will not have the config tool available until "sometime later this summer". The config tool will let you add/remove black bars on the edges of your screen, so you can adapt to the panel size of your monitor. If that is a key feature for you, you should not yet buy the unit. If you're fine with a wait for that config tool, you can buy now.

Quote:
One question I have i'm confused about is when the MK2 display is active on the lcd monitor is the Amiga's RGB video output blacked out or does it show the screenmode in mirrored mode if its a supported mode? (if that makes sense)
The RGB output will stay active. If you still have a 15kHz or multisync monitor, it will display a mirrored picture. That's the way we're currently developing the flickerfixer here ;-)

Jens
Old 17 April 2012, 01:14   #568
magnetic
Banned

Quote:

The RGB output will stay active. If you still have a 15kHz or multisync monitor, it will display a mirrored picture. That's the way we're currently developing the flickerfixer here ;-)

Jens

Great news! So I can work on graphics in a high screen mode and then just render to NTSC Laced for output through my SuperGen SX genlock and then onto my Polaroid Video Film Grabber!
Old 17 April 2012, 20:12   #569
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Rumors out there say that the flickerfixers would not arrive soon. Those of you who like hardware pr0n and didn't bother to check a1k yet, here's a few teasers. Not photoshopped, but taken directly from production.

Jens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indi_AGA_MK2_in_A4000D_teaser.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	31299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Indi_AGA_MK2_in_A4000T_teaser.jpg
Views:	1281
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	31300  
Old 17 April 2012, 20:15   #570
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

Hi Jens any a1200 mkii pics

thanks
Old 17 April 2012, 20:38   #571
stachu100

Send a message via Skype™ to stachu100
A1200 and A4000T are the same device. ;-)
Old 17 April 2012, 20:50   #572
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

sorry i ment plugged onto a 1200 motherboard
Old 17 April 2012, 21:13   #573
corpsicle

Jens : As far as i understand the a4000d version isnt going to be available in stores?
Is it going to be available at all outside the preorders that were made earlier?
Old 17 April 2012, 21:57   #574
PulsatingQuasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsicle View Post
Jens : As far as i understand the a4000d version isnt going to be available in stores?
Is it going to be available at all outside the preorders that were made earlier?
I would like to know that too.
Old 17 April 2012, 22:16   #575
Schoenfeld
electricky.

The A4000D/CD32 special version will be available from resellers, but only in limited quantity and at higher price (199,90 EUR). Those of you who missed the pre-order phase should be quick, as the quantity is limited.

Jens
Old 17 April 2012, 23:15   #576
corpsicle

alright, thanks!
Old 17 April 2012, 23:26   #577
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send a message via Skype™ to Retrofan
Quote:
Rumors out there say that the flickerfixers would not arrive soon...
I've been waiting two years, so I don't mind to wait a little more. Well, a photo in an A1200 would leave me entertained...

Last edited by Retrofan; 18 April 2012 at 00:42.
Old 18 April 2012, 04:51   #578
NovaCoder

Quote:
Rumors out there say that the flickerfixers would not arrive soon. Those of you who like hardware pr0n and didn't bother to check a1k yet, here's a few teasers. Not photoshopped, but taken directly from production.

Jens
Hmmm, looking good (like the red)

Can I request 'blue' for the new SATA IdeFixExpress cards

I like to make my 1200 as colorful as possible on the inside.
Old 18 April 2012, 10:05   #579
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I like to make my 1200 as colorful as possible on the inside.
It'll already be some nasty contrast with Indivision AGA MK2: The DVI-I output is on a small green PCB. I ordered them red, but the board house ignored that request, so we now have to live with red vs. green in one product. And no, this is not a political statement ;-)

Photos from the A1200 development setup look horrible - all those measuring wires for the logic analyzer.. I'll pick up the first units from wave soldering today and take some beautyshots for the webshops.

Jens
Old 18 April 2012, 11:14   #580
PulsatingQuasar

Quote:
Photos from the A1200 development setup look horrible - all those measuring wires for the logic analyzer.. I'll pick up the first units from wave soldering today and take some beautyshots for the webshops.

Jens
Great. Thanks. Can't wait to receive mine.

I hope this product does well for you but that almost seems to be certain.
AdSense AdSense